KGH Parking

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: KGH Parking

Post by GordonH »

shec8 wrote:I was talking with a lady who got a ticket with 20 minutes still left. When she complained to impark she was told the impark employee gave the ticket ahead of time as he would be on a break when the time ran out. Impark waived this ticket.

This is reason that everyone using a parking area should be aware of exact time they will issued a parking ticket. Oh impark employees are not waiters &/or waitresses.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

That response from Impark, if correct should be in EVERY newspaper across Canada and people fired!
aginger1
Board Meister

Post by aginger1 »

Ive had the unfortunate luck of having to spend months at the hospital due to a friend who ended up there for a very long period of time. I too fell victim to the endless pay for parking and over time figured out how to get away with "free" parking. The parkaide is prepay for either an hour or a few hours or all day. You have to put the stall number you park in and then you put that ticket in your windshield. Thing is, if you need to leave for whatever reason, chances are, your stall will be gone and that next person will have also probably paid for the day as its cheaper than by the hour. So you would have to pull into another vacant spot and expose your ticket on the dash with the paid date. So for S and G's I tried one morning and parked in a vacant spot, didn't pay. Came down and "what????" No ticket. I didn't pay for parking ever again. Havent been dinged for parking since. Take THAT IMPARK!!!! I win :biggrin:
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

We were told that if you paid for a full day and your spot was taken when you came back, it was ok to take another parking spot as long as your ticket was still valid and face up.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... oes-at-KGH

IHA clearly does not give a damn about providing enough staff parking. I don't blame hospital staff on not using transit, last thing anyone wants is long bus ride after 12 shift (or get on a bike).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

The one month pass was useless anyway. It didn't guarantee a spot so between 10 and 5 no spot available so it was a waste of $53. Very frustrating with twin in intensive care unit. I had to pay for most days in a different area as parkade was always full.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It continues
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... hot-button

Added: impo each Provinces teachers union should be giving the Ontario Teachers Pension an hear full. Since they own the parking company that controls a vast majority (if not all hospitals across Canada) parking. They are making a killing on all 3 groups hospital staff, visitors & patients, as for KGH IHA needs get off their administration as :cuss: es and provide more then enough parking for everyone.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Some of these doctors and nurses work ridiculously long hours and are absolutely exhausted at the end of their day.

I often wonder what the actual number of "some" is:: I spent a few days going to KGH getting ready for a operation and then had it and then recovery for a couple days and never once experienced ANY doc or nurses that were ""exhausted"
In fact I found the wholes system quit nonchalance, unconcerned and laid back :130:
ilivehere2

Post by ilivehere2 »

I've worked at KGH for 30 years. There's been a shortage of parking the entire time for everyone - staff, volunteers and visitors. There was a wait list to buy parking passes when I started, and there's always been a wait list. The estimate on how long it takes to get a pass depends on how many are on the list, and how many staff members turn in their parking passes due to leaving, retiring, etc., plus how many new parking spots are added. So it is a guess, but recently it's taken 3 to 4 years. The surface lot by Emergency should have been another parkade. This problem has never been appropriately resolved.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Recently I had to take our child in for an operation and asked to check in at 6:30am.

At that time of the day I circled both the Rose St Parkade and the one off Pandosy EACH twice. It took luck of catching someone leaving to get a spot at 6:30am.

It seems unlikely that there was a plethora of visitors at 6:30am, from having spent egregious time in hospitals I know that volunteers generally work 9-5 ish. I might assume that the spots intended for patients are being used by employees.

It's a challenge, KGH services a very large territory. I got my small child out of bed at 3:30am to be at KGH for 6:30am and after driving 2.5hours I couldn't find a dam parking spot for 20 minutes.

Not nice.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

ilivehere2 wrote:I've worked at KGH for 30 years. There's been a shortage of parking the entire time for everyone - staff, volunteers and visitors. There was a wait list to buy parking passes when I started, and there's always been a wait list. The estimate on how long it takes to get a pass depends on how many are on the list, and how many staff members turn in their parking passes due to leaving, retiring, etc., plus how many new parking spots are added. So it is a guess, but recently it's taken 3 to 4 years. The surface lot by Emergency should have been another parkade. This problem has never been appropriately resolved.

The residents voiced strong opposition to the parade being built up on the surface lot, know someone in the area.
IH had intentions of building up and it was blocked. Ask the city about that one.
The bottom line either way is the city has outgrown the hospital, only going to get worse!
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Maybe build another hospital in an area that suits its needs.
Sure do love Rutland!!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

If you need to use the KGH Emergency parking lot, take plenty of photos when you park, and take a video of your payment process at the meter. I just had Impark try to scam me. They claimed I did not pay, so when I provided the payment information, the next story was that I didn't put the stall number in---that lot has NO STALL NUMBERS. She insisted that it does, and that the payment didn't register because I had not given the stall number---the meter doesn't ever ask for a &^%@$&-ing stall number; it asks for a plate number AND ONLY A PLATE NUMBER. She made a big deal out of cancelling the ticket like she was doing me some sort of favour.

I call male bovine excrement. These phallus-suckers are lying thieves.

How many people just pay the fine. Impark gets commission.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kgcayenne wrote:
I call male bovine excrement. These phallus-suckers are lying thieves.

:up:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Maybe it's time the actual owners of Impark take long hard look at actions of their company policy, & actions of their employees.
I've posted who owns impark in my last post.

Return to “Central Okanagan”