Dangerous, disgusting mess

foodsmith
Board Meister

Re: Dangerous, disgusting mess

Post by foodsmith »

Jflem1983 wrote:I am also in favour of work camps . We need it . Hell even if it was just to learn some skills . I know I could have used it

Wow... What a fantastic idea.

I mean, historically this approach has never posed any problem.

Now if only we could think of a good catchphrase to put over the entrance gates...

Literally shaking my head at this one. :200:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

foodsmith wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:I am also in favour of work camps . We need it . Hell even if it was just to learn some skills . I know I could have used it

Wow... What a fantastic idea.

I mean, historically this approach has never posed any problem.

Now if only we could think of a good catchphrase to put over the entrance gates...

Literally shaking my head at this one. :200:

LOL glad I got your attention.
Last edited by ferri on Mar 15th, 2017, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

Leifer wrote:Take off the "kid gloves"

- Pull the mental health cases into a facility.
- *Force* the junkies into rehab and then have them work off the costs associated with their rehabilitation.
- Give the junkies three tries at rehab....third fail wins you a bullet to the back of the head.

Yeah my taxes will have to go up to pay for it all....but these little lost sheep aren't going to sort themselves out now are they?

Yes that's the spirit. Let's put a bullet in the back of their heads. First sift out the "mental cases" from the "junkies" and take it from there. Third fail and you're dead. I am just appalled that people like you live in my community. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 16th, 2017, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 16th, 2017, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 16th, 2017, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 16th, 2017, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

D_Man
Fledgling

Post by D_Man »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 16th, 2017, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

*removed*

Anyhoo.
You are right....why waste a perfectly good bullet?
What do you suggest pepecat? Bag of rocks around the neck and then over the rail they go?
The bullet seems more humane to me....but I am open to suggestions?
Last edited by ferri on Mar 16th, 2017, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Have you ever met one of these people on the street/at a shelter who are educated, well-rounded, and confident?

No.

I didn't think so.

I believe every one of these people has a problem firmly rooted in some sort of trauma or tragedy paired with a lack of support and access to programs that help.

I speak for having had to advocate for some one near/dear to receive much-needed services; they cannot do it alone. No, they simply can't.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Most people I have known that end up homeless
Including myself. Fairly well educated. Good family support. That stuff all gets tossed when addiction takes over. We need to remember that It takes many many bad choices to wind up homeless. Let's look at Kelowna . Very expensive with no good jobs. Terrible city to live in if u r broke .

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I believe what Dr Gabor Mate discusses regarding trauma being the foundation laid for the onset of addiction.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Jflem1983 wrote:Most people I have known that end up homeless
Including myself. Fairly well educated. Good family support. That stuff all gets tossed when addiction takes over. We need to remember that It takes many many bad choices to wind up homeless. Let's look at Kelowna . Very expensive with no good jobs. Terrible city to live in if u r broke .

I don't understand then why you agree, it seems, with "put a bullet in their head" hyperbolic mentality.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

kgcayenne wrote:I believe what Dr Gabor Mate discusses regarding trauma being the foundation laid for the onset of addiction.

And he's just a vocal dr, it isn't a new break through,Even LPNs are taught the facts.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I said work camps are a good idea . I would have gone willingly. At least half this drug problem is a lack of good jobs . The other half is a lack of good dad's.

JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Leifer wrote:Take off the "kid gloves"

- Pull the mental health cases into a facility.
- *Force* the junkies into rehab and then have them work off the costs associated with their rehabilitation.
- Give the junkies three tries at rehab....third fail wins you a bullet to the back of the head.

Yeah my taxes will have to go up to pay for it all....but these little lost sheep aren't going to sort themselves out now are they?

Do you include the thousands of "regular people" who also happen to be drug addicts in this plan? Or just the ones who are totally helpless? Lots of addicts in our community have a home, a job, a family...will you be executing them too? Or is being on the streets the only real crime here?

And you can't force someone to do a rehabilitation program anymore than you can force them to earn a university degree. You can lock them in a facility but you can't force them to work out their issues if they're not willing/able.

Your proposal wouldn't help anyone, although it would relieve you of the burden knowing that "they" are part of the same society as you are.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Central Okanagan”