17 dead in Kelowna in two months

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: 17 dead in Kelowna in two months

Post by Bpeep »

Interesting. Thanks for that.
At least I was right on the methyl alcohol part.
I didn't know it was a proponent of anti freeze.
Who the hell would drink anti freeze anyway. Ick.
Anti freeze is probably good gene pool chlorine.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

What_the wrote:
Here's a partial solution to the fentanyl problem. Make available the drugs people want pharmaceutically. Like alcohol

I can already hear the conservatives collectively losing their minds.

Bman wrote:Isn't it all the pharmaceutically prescribed opiates that all the do gooders are attributing this problem to?

In a word, no. I see many of the so-called "do-gooders" (always amazed at the level of contempt displayed by some posters having to acknowledge one side of this issue) attributing this to the the fact that many opiates in circulation have been "cut" with Fentanyl having passed through the various levels of distribution and the simple laws of profit margins as dealers attempt to extend the amount to sell and/or increasing the potential potency by adding Fentanyl. The prescribed opiates are what get a number of people hooked/addicted to the painkillers they've been prescribed - sourcing the drugs after they no longer have a prescription but are now under the effects of addiction is where the black market enters the picture and the quality or pureness is in question.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Bman wrote:Interesting. Thanks for that.
At least I was right on the methyl alcohol part.
I didn't know it was a proponent of anti freeze.
Who the hell would drink anti freeze anyway. Ick.
Anti freeze is probably good gene pool chlorine.

Exactly the line of thinking expected from a person capable of rational thought, and I agree - who in their right mind would want to drink anti-freeze? The answer is, anyone not functioning with rational thinking ie: an addict, or anyone suffering from addictive tendencies. Look back not too far into the past on the lower east end of Vancouver and the terrible issue that was created with Chinese cooking wine available in grocery stores - they couldn't keep the shelves stocked fast enough, until they changed the manner in which it was sold. More than a few people have witnessed alcoholics passing Listerene back and forth between themselves. It's just not as cut and dry simple as some would make out simply trying to say "no".
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I think it's safe to say tho that regardless of whether one goes blind from drinking antifreeze freeze or not, without medical intervention death is likely the result.

Imo if someone wants to be so stupid as to drink antifreeze, have at 'er.

What is becoming of society.
It seems everyone's on drugs and breaking the law and it's all condoned.
Wasn't like that when I was growing up. People were normal.
I bet if any of us became a junkie back home, it would be dealt with quickly . If we didn't get it together, and fast, we'd get our *bleep* kicked badly.
If that didn't work we'd likely end up 300 feet deep in a peat bog.
We didn't have any stupid issues like junkies, and we'd never lock our doors.
And we wouldn't put up with any *bleep* from losers, not like all the do gooders do now.
Maybe we should start ignoring everyone's feelings and solve this stupid problem.
Apparently what society is doing isn't anything but a huge waste of money.
There's more and more of these losers popping up every day.
Last edited by Bpeep on Apr 22nd, 2017, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bman wrote:I think it's safe to say tho that regardless of whether one goes blind from drinking antifreeze freeze or not, without medical intervention death is likely the result.

Imo if someone wants to be so stupid as to drink antifreeze, have at 'er.

What is becoming of society.
It seems everyone's on drugs and breaking the law and it's all condoned.
Wasn't like that when I was growing up. People were normal.
I bet if any of us became a junkie back home, it would be dealt with quickly . If we didn't get it together, and fast, we'd get our *bleep* kicked badly.
If that didn't work we'd likely end up 300 feet deep in a peat bog.
We didn't have any stupid issues like junkies, and we'd never lock our doors.
And we wouldn't put up with any *bleep* from losers, not like all the do gooders do now.
Maybe we should start ignoring everyone's feelings and solve this stupid problem.
Apparently what society is doing isn't anything but a huge was really of money.
There's more and more of these losers popping up every day.

correct bman, too much condoning going on by the do gooders ,and the junkies know it and are taking advantage of it imo.
seems to me the second life gets a little hard now, people are checking out ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

"Gene pool chlorine"

Interesting choice of words.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I'm starting to question things I heard as a child, like "Dave and Mary's kid moved to regina".
A few people moved to regina and none of us ever heard from them again.

But not one of us ever locked our doors, and never lost a tool or a bicycle.
I go on fb now and every second posting is about how someone got robbed.

Society has become so pathetic.
No wonder the Asians are winning.
They deserve it.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

For those with even a small part of their mind open and interested in learning more - this has some interesting material.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/w5/it-s-co ... -1.3377480

ETA: and another if you haven't seen it from almost 20 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwFRsfATaag
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Raven1 wrote:
What_the wrote:Remember the stories of people going blind basically from drinking antifreeze which they thought was moonshine? You know because the government prohibited behavior which is impossible to do.
When do we ever hear stories of people going blind anymore? We don't. Why is that? Because we discovered the truth that prohibiting behavior in this manner doesn't work.
We regulated instead.

Here's a partial solution to the fentanyl problem. Make available the drugs people want pharmaceutically. Like alcohol

Opiates are already available with prescription from your doctor, which is easily acquired if you have an ailment requiring the drug. :200:

Go ask for an opiate at any walk in clinic, most if not all will have a sign that says narcotics are not prescribed, and if they will without being a family patient the most you'll get are Tylenol 3. Without a verifiable and diagnostic reason for needing them they will not be forth coming. Factually as far as I know even mentioning addiction will get you black listed at that clinic for any potentially addictive drugs like Benzodiazepines
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

WalterWhite wrote:For those with even a small part of their mind open and interested in learning more - this has some interesting material.

1. i watched the whole show last night, the two females make a-- comment/ joke--- about narcan :200: on how alot of junkies do not want it because ruins there high ---see people leave them alone they do not want your help .

2.she loves here four kids really :200: :200: ok then,

3. paramedic made a comment about how on welfare wednesday od calls go up 40%---stop giving them tax payers money then,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Bman wrote:
What_the wrote:

Isn't it all the pharmaceutically prescribed opiates that all the do gooders are attributing this problem to?

I'm unaware of anyone saying that. its been argued that there are many people that initially became addicted for legitimate pain management. Decent honest people that confronted with the terrifying and horrible withdrawal symptoms turned to the black market for relief just to feel normal.
http://www.latimes.com/projects/oxycontin-part1/
Last edited by What_the on Apr 23rd, 2017, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

the truth wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:For those with even a small part of their mind open and interested in learning more - this has some interesting material.

1. i watched the whole show last night, the two females make a-- comment/ joke--- about narcan :200: on how alot of junkies do not want it because ruins there high ---see people leave them alone they do not want your help .

2.she loves here four kids really :200: :200: ok then,

3. paramedic made a comment about how on welfare wednesday od calls go up 40%---stop giving them tax payers money then,

- you didn't read the first 11 words of my comment.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

the truth wrote:exactly ^^^^^^^^ just more untrue stories from the so called experts, bman

I've never called myself an expert, however I'll leave it to the reading public if I have a decent grasp and knowledge base of the problem we're discussing, beyond, enable enable enable.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

What_the wrote:Go ask for an opiate at any walk in clinic, most if not all will have a sign that says narcotics are not prescribed, and if they will without being a family patient the most you'll get are Tylenol 3. Without a verifiable and diagnostic reason for needing them they will not be forth coming. Factually as far as I know even mentioning addiction will get you black listed at that clinic for any potentially addictive drugs like Benzodiazepines

You clearly didn't read what I wrote. Try again.

Return to “Central Okanagan”