Time Served After 3 Separate Assaults

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Time Served After 3 Separate Assaults

Post by WalterWhite »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#192200

“That First Nations' background means that he is not held to the same level of accountability. He is not expected that he has the same tool kit to deal with complex circumstances...,” said the judge.

I'm genuinely offended - no wait, that makes me sound like a delicate little SJW snowflake. I'm straight up *bleep* off. The first statement is that FN people are not held to the same level of laws as non-indigenous citizens - even for crimes of assault against non-indigenous people - that's ridiculous. The second statement claims that subsequently, he's not the sharpest knife in the tool kit and because of this he apparently can't comprehend the basic differences between right and wrong. What a pile of utter hogwash. Had these exact same words have been used in a court of law that resulted in a less favorable result for this First Nations member, I would expect there to have been anarchy in their reply. "He's too stupid to know better because he's an Indian" is basically the judge's reason for ruling in his sentencing. Unbelievable.

The damage caused in the machete attack - a lifelong reminder for this guy.

*photo removed by request of photographer*
Last edited by WalterWhite on Mar 20th, 2017, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Time Served After 3 Separate Assaults

Post by Barney Google »

Oh dear...I can hear it now...

"What would the sentence have been if it was a person from another ethnic origin who had a difficult upbringing?"
Last edited by Barney Google on Mar 20th, 2017, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

It's racism until it's in their favor.
It's not right at all imo.
It should be an equal law for everyone.
Maybe we should make it a misdemeanor for black peeps to smoke crack and rape.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

"That First Nations' background means that he is not held to the same level of accountability" - the judge says.
Why?
Because of his race?

I call bultaco.
Wth is wrong with this country.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Yeup .. It's ALL Whitey's fault ..That's why I tried to kill a random whitey...

Makes NO sense to me ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bman wrote: I call bultaco.

Not sure what a fine Spanish Motorcycle Company has to do with it ?

Please don't use it in vain .

Bultaco Cemoto :up:

The judgement is whacked !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

When will judgement be served on the judges who unleash this upon our city. Sickening
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

That First Nations' background means that he is not held to the same level of accountability. He is not expected that he has the same tool kit to deal with complex circumstances...,” said the judge.

I agree with everyone here, how does a person's upbringing or race, change the nature of their crime? The Judge essentially gave him a great excuse for being a barbaric deviant, irresponsible ruling and choice of words in my opinion.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I agree with everyone here, how does a person's upbringing or race, change the nature of their crime? The Judge essentially gave him a great excuse for being a barbaric deviant, irresponsible ruling and choice of words in my opinion.

The problem is that the judge didn't give just "HIM" a great excuse for his barbaric deviance..But he set a precedence for others like " HIM" to follow...

MORE than sad , REALLY ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Barney Google wrote:Oh dear...I can hear it now...

"What would the sentence would have been if it was a person from another ethnic origin who had a difficult upbringing?"

bingo.............you are correct
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"What would the sentence would have been if it was a person from another ethnic origin who had a difficult upbringing?"

this is nothing new,this is why there are so many natives in jail ,because they have this get out of jail free card attitude , because they grew up native, until there offences get too bad, then they have to start doing real time, they know the system will cut them slack and they play the system well
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

the truth wrote:this is nothing new,this is why there are so many natives in jail ,because they have this get out of jail free card attitude , because they grew up native, until there offences get too bad, then they have to start doing real time, they know the system will cut them slack and they play the system well

That raises the question - who's more at fault - the accused for receiving the sentence handed down under the current laws - or the writers of the laws and those in charge of interpreting them?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Walter white . I disagree with most of what you post . You hit this one square on brother . Bingo judge is to blame
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Build a sweat lodge - wave a feather over some smoke - dance around a healing circle while singing kum-bye-ya and all is forgiven. Guess we have a 2 level justice system. Gonna research my heritage in case I need a get outa jail free card.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Jflem1983 wrote:Walter white . I disagree with most of what you post . You hit this one square on brother . Bingo judge is to blame

Good to know we can disagree - and still continue with discourse.

Return to “Central Okanagan”