Time Served After 3 Separate Assaults

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Time Served After 3 Separate Assaults

Post by WalterWhite »

the truth wrote:ya thats it blame the system [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] give me a f :cuss: break

WalterWhite wrote:So - who is at fault then?

the truth wrote:really :200: do you need to even ask, he took a machete to another mans face , no one needs to be told that taking a machete to a man face is wrong on every level, no matter how your home life was when you grew up , you people are dumbing down the native people not me, you people are the racist not me, i hold them to the same standard as the rest of us should be if we did the same thing

Your distaste for First Nations people is crystal clear, and unfortunately it seems to be clouding your ability to comprehend some of what's being said. No one is saying the FN individual charged with the assaults isn't at fault - of course he is - he committed the acts, was charged, convicted and sentenced accordingly. The issue I initially created this post about, was the derogatory and frankly, yes - racist remarks the judge took in validating the decision to consider time served as being equal penance for the crimes he committed - not only taking into account the fact that the defendant is FN, but making it the basis of the defendant's inability to "deal with complex circumstances" - the defendant is too stupid to know better because he's First Nations - is another way of saying it, and I think it's disgusting.

“That First Nations' background means that he is not held to the same level of accountability. He is not expected that he has the same tool kit to deal with complex circumstances...,” said the judge.

Sorry - but knowing the difference between right and wrong is not a complex circumstance. Knowing that you should or should not slash someone across the side of the head, inflicting a wound that requires 30 stitches is not a "complex circumstance". The fact this judge uses derogatory, condescending and racial bias to validate his sentencing decision is what's most offensive besides the sentence itself.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

So Walter are u suggesting . I think u are . Suggesting . This judge is not only a buffoon . Who let a dangerous person walk free . He's also a racist. Who's feels the machete attacker couldn't even help himself 3 different times in a few days .

Wonder what the judge thinks has changed in a few months
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

However he got there, this native male is on a trajectory that will end in murder and his final and permanent incarceration. :-X
This judge has failed to protect the populace in my opinion.
Hopefully the victim (victims) will not suffer too much.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

WalterWhite wrote:The issue I initially created this post about, was the derogatory and frankly, yes - racist remarks the judge took in validating the decision to consider time served as being equal penance for the crimes he committed - not only taking into account the fact that the defendant is FN, but making it the basis of the defendant's inability to "deal with complex circumstances" - the defendant is too stupid to know better because he's First Nations - is another way of saying it, and I think it's disgusting.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions and accusations based on ONE quote by the media.

They story also talks about his tough childhood. I'm quite sure that during the trial or in the sentencing report, the judge got a lot of information from the defense side.

Perhaps the guy was abused as a kid. He probably has limited education (that's not racist, that's a sad fact for kids on reservations). Perhaps he has FASD or some mental issue due to drug or alcohol abuse.

It's quite possible that THIS PERSON doesn't actually have the ability to deal with complex circumstances. Maybe he has a history of lashing out in anger.

The point is... you have NO CLUE what the background of this guy is and you're just bashing the judge based off one quote.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.2880778

I posted this story a month or so ago. A young Native fella raped and beat an 11 year old girl almost to death and left her in a snowbank to die.

That also doesn't seem like a complex circumstance. Everyone should know that his actions were wrong... but he still did it. He's obviously not equipped with the ability for basic circumstances, let alone complex ones.

Maybe the guy you're getting so outraged about, is just as messed up as this guy and the judge knows that. It's not necessarily racist and disgusting.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

WalterWhite wrote:The issue I initially created this post about, was the derogatory and frankly, yes - racist remarks the judge took in validating the decision to consider time served as being equal penance for the crimes he committed - not only taking into account the fact that the defendant is FN, but making it the basis of the defendant's inability to "deal with complex circumstances" - the defendant is too stupid to know better because he's First Nations - is another way of saying it, and I think it's disgusting.

fvkasm2x wrote:You're making an awful lot of assumptions and accusations based on ONE quote by the media.

They story also talks about his tough childhood. I'm quite sure that during the trial or in the sentencing report, the judge got a lot of information from the defense side.

Perhaps the guy was abused as a kid. He probably has limited education (that's not racist, that's a sad fact for kids on reservations). Perhaps he has FASD or some mental issue due to drug or alcohol abuse.

It's quite possible that THIS PERSON doesn't actually have the ability to deal with complex circumstances. Maybe he has a history of lashing out in anger.

The point is... you have NO CLUE what the background of this guy is and you're just bashing the judge based off one quote.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.2880778

I posted this story a month or so ago. A young Native fella raped and beat an 11 year old girl almost to death and left her in a snowbank to die.

That also doesn't seem like a complex circumstance. Everyone should know that his actions were wrong... but he still did it. He's obviously not equipped with the ability for basic circumstances, let alone complex ones.

Maybe the guy you're getting so outraged about, is just as messed up as this guy and the judge knows that. It's not necessarily racist and disgusting.

Reading your comment - I hardly think you're in a position to criticize about my making assumptions (I took the liberty of highlighting your assumptions). My comment is based on what is taken as a quote from the sentencing judge. I do have one question - exactly who do you think I'm "outraged" at?
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

WalterWhite wrote:Reading your comment - I hardly think you're in a position to criticize about my making assumptions (I took the liberty of highlighting your assumptions). My comment is based on what is taken as a quote from the sentencing judge. I do have one question - exactly who do you think I'm "outraged" at?

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Suggesting alternatives or possibilities is not the same as making assumptions.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

fvkasm2x wrote:It's quite possible that THIS PERSON doesn't actually have the ability to deal with complex circumstances. Maybe he has a history of lashing out in anger.

If they don't have the ability to deal with complex circumstances without trying to kill someone, it's probably best that they're not free to do so.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

WalterWhite wrote:Reading your comment - I hardly think you're in a position to criticize about my making assumptions (I took the liberty of highlighting your assumptions). My comment is based on what is taken as a quote from the sentencing judge. I do have one question - exactly who do you think I'm "outraged" at?

fvkasm2x wrote:You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Suggesting alternatives or possibilities is not the same as making assumptions.

Actually - you were the one that introduced the word, and are now playing on the semantics of my using it. So - exactly what assumptions did I make - as you say I made a lot of them? You haven't answered who exactly am I supposed to be outraged at? Like I said - my comments are based on quotes from the judge's sentencing.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This has already been brought up:
In Antoine’s case, he is the grandchild of a residential school survivor. The effect that had on his mother, led to a tumultuous upbringing, marred by violence.
and was what the judge was referring to.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Not that this has a direct bearing on this case, but this is an interesting approach to establishing a code that might work better for Indigenous communities.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.4031307
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Not that this has a direct bearing on this case, but this is an interesting approach to establishing a code that might work better for Indigenous communities.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.4031307

If they want to be a separate nation with separate laws, it should only pertain to the reservations. Letting criminals who would be in jail under non-native Canadian laws roam off the reserve or to allow them to commit crimes off-reserve crimes but to be sentenced under native laws would be like someone coming here from the mid-east, committing a crime that is okay under Sharia law, then stating they should be tried by others who follow Sharia law. Would that work better for the Muslim communities? You bet! Insanity rears it's PC head again.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly.............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/1 ... tem-a-joke

A letter to the editor on C-net today regarding this.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

WalterWhite wrote:
Actually - you were the one that introduced the word, and are now playing on the semantics of my using it. So - exactly what assumptions did I make - as you say I made a lot of them? You haven't answered who exactly am I supposed to be outraged at? Like I said - my comments are based on quotes from the judge's sentencing.

No semantics there.... you flat out used the word incorrectly.

You said the judge was racist. That's not necessarily the case. I provided multiple reasons how it's possible he isn't racist, as you are claiming he is... based off one quote. Think outside of your narrow little viewpoint.

You should hang out with JollyGreenBully. You think and post just like him.

Why are you asking me who you're outraged at? You've quite clearly indicated it's the judge... are we supposed to be confused by this?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

WalterWhite wrote:

fvkasm2x wrote:No semantics there.... you flat out used the word incorrectly.

You said the judge was racist. That's not necessarily the case. I provided multiple reasons how it's possible he isn't racist, as you are claiming he is... based off one quote. Think outside of your narrow little viewpoint.

You should hang out with JollyGreenBully. You think and post just like him.

Why are you asking me who you're outraged at? You've quite clearly indicated it's the judge... are we supposed to be confused by this?

No, what I did was voice my opinion, based on quotes directly from the judge during sentencing. The sentencing stinks, and the reasons the judge based his sentencing on stink too. That is not an assumption either. If all you have to offer is insults and attempts at grammatical corrections, maybe correct yours first - then go find another sucker to amuse yourself with.

Return to “Central Okanagan”