Neighbourhood Canvassers

Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Neighbourhood Canvassers

Post by Silverstarqueen »

If someone was canvassing my home to drum up support for a candidate/political party, I would be sure not to vote for that candidate. I would be suspect of any stranger wandering around in my neighbor's yards, how do I know what they are up to?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I dislike canvasses at the same level as telemarketers.
They are both invaders .
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Silverstarqueen wrote:If someone was canvassing my home to drum up support for a candidate/political party, I would be sure not to vote for that candidate. I would be suspect of any stranger wandering around in my neighbor's yards, how do I know what they are up to?
Going door to door is standard practice for a lot of different organizations. Canvassers aren't wandering around people's yards and I certainly wouldn't base a vote on that. My vote goes to who will do a better job on the policies I'm in favour of to benefit people.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Was just surprised by a different type of neighborhood door to door salesman . This one was selling watchtower magazine . I politely asked them to beat it
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

This forum must be a magnet for all the miserable people in this area.

Way to go guys, quash the kids enthusiasm and drive.

Irony is lost on you all, isn't it?
*bleep* *bleep* *bleep* moan moan moan about millennials being lazy etc and here's one wanting to make a difference and all you guys do is deride him/her.

Yup millennials may be lazy but you guys are miserable old buggers.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think it would be a lot like a church member disturbing my peace by knocking on my door. The problem with all of these potential candidates, they wish to speak to you to gain your vote they do not give a ratz azz about your concerns.

Like Christy Clark, write her a letter about your concerns and she does not even have someone in her constituency office reply acknowledging your concern has been read. You can do it in West Kelowna or to her main office it doesn't matter.

Sadly, I don't want to stand and talk to you, stay off my porch!

Further when spoken to, I feel members of Parliament, or Provincial elected officials should at the least reply and also use the language they are spoke too!
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

"what is this intrusion upon my fortress of solitude!?"
Release the fish heads lol
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

oh please What The...nowadays there's so many scams going on from online, telephone, mail and door to door canvassers that many people are just plain sick of it...and very cautious, many seniors have become B&E targets..

and the OP should keep that in mind...a few tips..make sure you have proper ID to identify who you are and what you are doing...AND don't go around at dinnertime or when it's getting dark...and when someone says NO, then walk away..

I've had very pushy canvassers come to my door that had a hard time understanding what the word NO means..
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

W105 wrote:oh please What The...nowadays there's so many scams going on from online, telephone, mail and door to door canvassers that many people are just plain sick of it...and very cautious, many seniors have become B&E targets..

and the OP should keep that in mind...a few tips..make sure you have proper ID to identify who you are and what you are doing...AND don't go around at dinnertime or when it's getting dark...and when someone says NO, then walk away..

I've had very pushy canvassers come to my door that had a hard time understanding what the word NO means..

Absolutley - anyone rude, pushy, won't take no for an answer - then simply shut the door on them. However, to paint everyone that arrives on one's doorstep with the same brush as several here seem to do, is ridiculous. I'll listen to what someone has to say that takes the time to approach my door. I like to think I can judge one's sincerity fairly well, and if I don't like what I hear, then I'm polite but very clear I'm not interested, and shut the door. Otherwise, I'm more than willing to engage in a discussion - be it Jehovah's Witnesses (as an atheist I enjoy these discussions), or political candidate (or representative). Being obnoxious or rude to anyone ringing a doorbell serves no purpose other than to make the door slammer look like an *bleep*, and if that's how some handle these situations, then you really do need to stop and take a look at yourself - and the bigger picture.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

off my lawn.jpg
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

well Walter, if a person doesn't get that there's 2 topics that truly pee off people having being pushed on them is religion and politics at their own front door, then they need a brain scan...

bet if there was a poll about how many people hate door to door canvassers, 90%+ would say they hate them...
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Oh please what?
suggest those things in the first place? Seems that's what the op was asking for.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I hate when strangers phone me but I don't act like a jerk when I answer.

Don't answer the door if it bothers you that much.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I was out in the yard . Back yard. Dogs were all barking . Someone said hello . Next thing I knew .. bam we r here from god
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

yeah well the OP is only 25 yrs old and he got his answer..

we live in a world of instant info..the internet..if anyone should know how powerful this is, it should be a 25 yr old...

going door to door is outdated and for very good reasons why...so don't be expecting many to welcome it ( hence the tips I gave)

and no kidding, who likes the telemarketers ?? NO ONE...but some stay at home mom was promised to make $50 per hr working from home to spam people to death...

Return to “Central Okanagan”