Lakeshore Property with illegal fences & walls on beach

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Lakeshore Property with illegal fences & walls on beach

Post by WalterWhite »

Ok - you've made it crystal clear you have zero interest in educating yourself, so I'm done. Carry on making ridiculous assumptions based on your extensive experience of working on 4 docks in your lifetime. I used to build one a day - but what would I know.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Fancy wrote:Where exactly are you talking about? The Manhattan Drive beach have houses with docks as well.

If you are talking California, keep in mind the terrain and what the community is built on. Apples to oranges.

Yes, here in Los Angeles. Other areas have that too. White Rock, Ambleside etc. Why should the rich have exclusivity
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

tsayta wrote:Yes, here in Los Angeles. Other areas have that too. White Rock, Ambleside etc. Why should the rich have exclusivity
They don't. A good portion of foreshore is rock or on reserve.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

That's incorrect fancy
WW
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

tsayta wrote:That's incorrect fancy

Explain
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

hutton wrote:once again, I never said I carry anything or that I have damaged anything, but nice try.

No just blatantly advocating that others do. And repeatedly justifying it

Apparently, you need to sit down and some reading yourself as you are a bit confused, but if you keep going in circles with your weak and inaccurate argument.

Nope. You can't grasp what is legal and what isn't. That's your issue, not mine.

The structure may legally be able to be there, but the structure it self or how it was built is not, it is that simple.

See above

Now as far as my knowledge on the subject, all I can say is that all of the FOUR docks I have been a part of constructing/installing, were all 100% LEGIT and the process with the Ministry is not that complicated, with the exception with the last dock we did. It was a bit more of a hassle due to the size (could hold up to 6 boats) but even then, the homeowner didn't have too much trouble, just took a bit longer on the admin size.

Of course all FOUR (don't know why you feel it necessary to use caps on the number....trying to impress??) would have to be built according to current standards.
However, did you build them to standards which will be present in 2050? Thought not?

But think, believe, do, tell yourself what ever you want, doesn't change the fact that hopefully something will be done with this situation to return access to the shoreline to ALL the people not just a few who feel entitled.

And now we get to the crux of the matter.....it's all about the jealousy. I hope you contain it when you are installing your FOUR docks. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

Have a nice day!!!! :D

My days are always nice!
You and 71 others Like this post
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Fancy wrote:
tsayta wrote:That's incorrect fancy

Explain

Any area, notwithstanding the geology or geolocation has mixes of good waterfront and rocky. The point is that the areas with prime waterfront will be the ones with a tendency for development. The suggestion is that those areas should be reserved for all to use. For practicality purposes, those that can support a roadway at the foreshore should have one. This forcibly separates development from public space
WW
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

tsayta wrote:Any area, notwithstanding the geology or geolocation has mixes of good waterfront and rocky. The point is that the areas with prime waterfront will be the ones with a tendency for development. The suggestion is that those areas should be reserved for all to use. For practicality purposes, those that can support a roadway at the foreshore should have one. This forcibly separates development from public space

That has been a general rule forever.....theoretically, there should be a 66' road end access to the lake every 660'. Obviously it doesn't always work out that way, but that was the reasoning. Sometimes they are combined with one another or combined with park.
You and 71 others Like this post
hutton
Fledgling

Post by hutton »

And now we get to the crux of the matter.....it's all about the jealousy. I hope you contain it when you are installing your FOUR docks. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

Sure thing LANDM :up: it's all about jealousy :D I own recreational lakefront property (Shuswap), I have dealt with these issues and various Ministries over the years, so your delusional opinion means squat to me, so I will leave this dead end conversation, and go out and enjoy a glass a wine on my perfectly legal dock!!

See ya.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

How does a 12 year-old become a recreational property owner on Shuswap Lake?
hutton
Fledgling

Post by hutton »

WalterWhite wrote:How does a 12 year-old become a recreational property owner on Shuswap Lake?

how does a has been pump out a dock a day??
hutton
Fledgling

Post by hutton »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 25th, 2017, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

hutton wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:How does a 12 year-old become a recreational property owner on Shuswap Lake?

how does a has been pump out a dock a day??

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. Three crews: pilings; timber frame; decking & trims. Each "squad" could complete their respected task for what we considered standard as approximately 12 pilings, timbers and decking for approximately 70' of dock including a 16'x 16' deck at the end.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

Terris wrote:The wealthy ones here are no doubt going to dispute this...

:popcorn:

I would propose that not only should the foreshore be made public but that; the foreshore be considered to extend as far inland as the water table and;

that all properties within the water table zone be reverted to crown lease as a water reserve.

This would include all residential and commercial properties east, up to, say, Pandosy, for starters...

Hope all you inheritance/entitled children enjoyed your stay cuz the big bad public is coming your way...

Return to “Central Okanagan”