Re: Freedom's Door 50 bed facility at Rutland & McCurdy Rd

Post by dogspoiler »

You have heard of a Swat Team ?
Black Dogs Matter
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

W105 wrote:how is posting a picture of a fly swatter on topic ?? and really how rude to say that other posters in this thread are like flies ??

LOL "rude" thats a fairly subjective term around here.

Ill explain it you -

Those buzzing around here like flys pointing their fingers at those who oppose developments in areas they do not belong in, accusing them of not giving a damn about addicts and the drug crisis, are becoming nuisances.

Its in poor taste to continuously attmept to deflect the fact that some are only trying to preserve their neighbourhood by being needledicked and accused of not caring about the rehabilitation of those less furtunate.

To all the little flys buzzing around this big steaming pile : most here care about their comminuty and All those who live in it. They may not however, agree that a development like this is a good mix for their neighbourhood.

I dont get how hard that is to understand.

Act like a pest, get treated like nuisance.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you got it :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

monroe wrote:
W105 wrote:how is posting a picture of a fly swatter on topic ?? and really how rude to say that other posters in this thread are like flies ??

LOL "rude" thats a fairly subjective term around here.

Ill explain it you -

Those buzzing around here like flys pointing their fingers at those who oppose developments in areas they do not belong in, accusing them of not giving a damn about addicts and the drug crisis, are becoming nuisances.

Its in poor taste to continuously attmept to deflect the fact that some are only trying to preserve their neighbourhood by being needledicked and accused of not caring about the rehabilitation of those less furtunate.

To all the little flys buzzing around this big steaming pile : most here care about their comminuty and All those who live in it. They may not however, agree that a development like this is a good mix for their neighbourhood.

I dont get how hard that is to understand.

Act like a pest, get treated like nuisance.

Whoa, dude... Chill out! Why so hostile? Coming off like that just serves to damage your credibility, ya know?

What I am reading here is those that oppose this are happiest when there is no critic to their position, but if there is opposition -- shut up and move on?

Well, what is the point of having a forum in the first place?

My understanding of the situation thus far is this: virtually no one on here is pushing for this facility to be built as proposed on this site.

For me, as a close neighbour, it really does hit home that it is just not appropriate. What several of the posters have said over and over, including myself, is that there is a largely demonstrable need for services specific to men in our city -- and, arguably, in our area.

Monroe, you can attempt to diminish one's impact by diminishing their sense of stature in the hopes of 'shutting them up', in this case referring to us as "flies", but it just doesn't work here. Arrogance like yours is is all to visible when in print, and it will continue to be...

And to those of you who figure your critics in life will ever be silenced through diminishment, I am driven to respond with this old cliche reference: If you think one's too small to make an impact, try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

he's just being rude Foodsmith, and apparently he can't read very well because if he did he would have read that many on this thread agree that this facility is needed BUT not on this proposed site...(exactly what you said)

"act like a pest get treated as a nuisance" pffffttt...
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 4th, 2017, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 4th, 2017, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Simmer down and don't start making this personal. If you want to fight, take it to Bickering.

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on May 4th, 2017, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Thankyou Queen!

I think that taking the high road sometimes is the best road. I am also sensitive to those here who may be going through their own personal issues. Tough subject for some, i get it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Sometimes I :heart: you Monroe.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
faith177

Re: Freedom's Door 50 bed facility at Rutland &McCurdy Rd

Post by faith177 »

Interesting letter about the different faces of addiction in the same situation

https://www.facebook.com/theabfoundatio ... 3827441162
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Poor Nathan.
Yet he knew better.
He knew he coulda died from it.
But he still did.
That's the choice Nathan made.
Poor Nathan.

Don't be a Nathan.
Unless you not only want to be an idiot, but also a dead idiot.

Nathan coulda made a better choice.

Don't let Nathan's idiotic choices be in vain.

Learn from Nathan.
Don't take drugs.

It's really that easy , Nathan.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
faith177

Post by faith177 »

Bman wrote:Poor Nathan.
Yet he knew better.
He knew he coulda died from it.
But he still did.
That's the choice Nathan made.
Poor Nathan.

Don't be a Nathan.
Unless you not only want to be an idiot, but also a dead idiot.

Nathan coulda made a better choice.

Don't let Nathan's idiotic choices be in vain.

Learn from Nathan.
Don't take drugs.

It's really that easy , Nathan.

Bman enlighten me, Do you eat processed foods, do you eat any type of processed meat, do you drink, do you use pesticides on your garden, have you ever suntanned, smoked, had unprotected sex? If you have/do there is a 2 in 5 chance you will develop some type of cancer in your life, and when you do will you very responsibly say no I do not deserve any treatment because it was the choice I made?
Changes

Post by Changes »

To Faith177 - the opponents of Freedoms Door's apartment style Addiction Recovery facility aren't against substance abusers getting treatment. What they do want is for the recovery homes to be thoughtfully located and to not all be clustered in one area. Sorry, but the reality is that this project is looking to have a change in zoning to Commercial in a Residential area. People also believe that housing 50 people trying to recover from substance abuse in one site is way too dense. A certain % of them will inevitably relapse and this site doesn't have any security. Maybe you would like to live next door to it? Common complaints about these sites (and much smaller) is that clients are smoking outside at all hours and talking in crude, vulgar language. Doesn't make for pleasant neighbour's.

Return to “Central Okanagan”