Kudos and Thanks to ALL Who Helped

damama55
Übergod

Kudos and Thanks to ALL Who Helped

Post by damama55 »

Kudos to ALL who did their very best to help those of us that were in threat of being flooded. Here in Lake Country, we had many, many people helping with filling sandbags, and sand bagging all around homes and sites that MIGHT be flooded. Some homes were flooded before sandbags could be put up, while others were saved by the efforts. I see on another thread that things may have been over stated. However, we don't know what the future holds, and, in my opinion, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We all prepared for the worst and hoped for the best. That is all any of us can, or could, do. The future is not known, and hindsight is always 20-20.
Again, KUDOS to ALL who tried their very best to help, instead of turning their backs on those who were desperately trying to stop a possible catastrophe. Your efforts will long be remembered, as well as your friendships.
Biiiiiiig hugs and many thanks. :)
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kudos and Thanks to ALL Who Helped

Post by gardengirl »

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been accused of having no compassion, among other things.
I started the other thread to hear opinions and to have a discussion. I have never denied there are people in trouble, and have friends and family who have been evacuated in Winfield.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

-
Last edited by Fancy on May 13th, 2017, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Last edited by gardengirl on May 13th, 2017, 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

-
Last edited by Fancy on May 13th, 2017, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

damama55 wrote:Kudos to ALL who did their very best to help those of us that were in threat of being flooded. Here in Lake Country, we had many, many people helping with filling sandbags, and sand bagging all around homes and sites that MIGHT be flooded. Some homes were flooded before sandbags could be put up, while others were saved by the efforts. I see on another thread that things may have been over stated. However, we don't know what the future holds, and, in my opinion, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We all prepared for the worst and hoped for the best. That is all any of us can, or could, do. The future is not known, and hindsight is always 20-20.
Again, KUDOS to ALL who tried their very best to help, instead of turning their backs on those who were desperately trying to stop a possible catastrophe. Your efforts will long be remembered, as well as your friendships.
Biiiiiiig hugs and many thanks. :)

And thank YOU for posting this!!!
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

I think you guys need to take it back to the other thread. Little to old to be filling sand bags now, but have done it in my time. Warms my heart to see how many people were out there.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

If you have a special moment, or a thank you, during the efforts, please, post them here. I know there are probably many, many of us, due to age or to health reasons, could not help. I know myself, when I went to where they were sand bagging, I told the guys they were angels. They just kept doing what they were doing, and it brought tears to my eyes, when they looked up and gave a thank you smile.
So, please, just post encouraging comments, no mean ones. :) Too many times, we overlook the great efforts people do put forth for their neighbours and sometimes, complete strangers, that then become friends.
Thank you, All. :)
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.

Return to “Central Okanagan”