White dot going over Kelowna just now.

KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

White dot going over Kelowna just now.

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Anyone else see the white dot floating in the skies of Kelowna, did not sound like a plane. Just wondering if anyone else saw it.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: White dot going over Kelowna just now.

Post by LANDM »

It's called a cloud.
You and 71 others Like this post
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

LANDM wrote:It's called a cloud.

Funny. :up:
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

The greys....
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

I saw it. A helicopter flew over downtown heading toward airport, and as i watched the chooper towsrds dilworth i noticed what i assume was a drone, a white dot, maybe 3 or 4 times higher than the chopper.

The dot was coming from the east moving due wesr maybe just north of and parrallel to harvey. No idea where it went.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

untitled.png

was it something like this? plenty of those around Kelowna
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

no, the one i described seemed to be similar to if not the same one i had seen a few weeks earlier, much closer up. a flatter profile. seemingly larger.

i cannot recall the day of the week, but the time of the day was maybe an hour before noon, hovering approximately 50 feet over the corner of cawston and st. paul, the parking lot actually, before rising to several times that height, then variously hovering over what seemed to be major intersections on glenmore and harvey, ultimately disappearing in the direction of the airport possibly.

that one was rounded looking, and maybe 5 feet in diameter. white. visibly flying for over 15 minutes, in that instance, and over 10 minutes possibly the second instance from the first post.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

White dots mean 25% off
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Seen the white dot momentarily tonight at around 7:45 going from the east to the west and then gone in 10 seconds!
Couldn't tell you what it was!

Return to “Central Okanagan”