oops I did it again

zzontar
Guru

Re: oops I did it again

Post by zzontar »

There is a tendency for both new drivers and old to brake before turning into a parking spot whereafter their foot ends up over the gas pedal but not on it as they coast in. In their minds their foot is still over the brake and so once in the stall that's what they press and because they're convinced they're on the brake they press harder. This is why the vast majority of pedal mix-ups happen when turning into parking stalls as opposed to things like braking for a red light.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2 ... t_mis.html
Interesting study - shows that females are high on the list for confusing the pedals.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

At the end of the day, there are people in every age group who should look at alternate modes of transport; modes that don't involve them having control (or not) over any mecnahical vehicle.

I think if you took a cross section of say over eighty years of age drivers and tested them on a closed course and then gave the same test to a group of 40ish ers and then late teens to twenty somethings, you might be surprised to find that the percentages of poor drivers is fairly consistant in each group allowing for some fluctuations.

What seniors may lack in reflex, they tend to make up for in caution. What newer drivers lack in experience they make up for by............................................................................. Right, texting.

If you start your driving life as a bad example of a responsible driver, it's likely that you will always have challenges. Not everybody takes to the wheel as an automatic skill. Some struggle forever.

I see accidents almost daily and truthfully, the number of times a senior is in one or the other vehicle is low. Sadly, it seems to be that 30 to fifty ish whitebread, redneck male of the species who causes the incidents, usually attributable to aggressive driving. Cuz theys the best at drivin vee hickles, Just ask em.

Lighten up on the old folks. They are yours and my parents.

And for gawd sake; if you suspect that their driving skills are diminishing to the point of driving through a store front, do the right thing and hide their keys. Then sell their car.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... storefront

Gee didnt one of the last ones happen there too .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Central Okanagan”