Boat launch blocker

toonz99

Boat launch blocker

Post by toonz99 »

So just read the story about the people that launched their boat on the launch for several hours and bylaws was nice enough to give them a ticket.. I for the life of me do not understand why they didn't instantly tow the truck and trailer away.. What an idiot.. does anyone know whose truck that is.. he deserves a little shaming...
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Boat launch blocker

Post by gman313 »

ahh yes, long weekend boat launch rage. It is great to watch in the patio with a beer.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Yeah they should be ticketing folks that do that...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

This could have been that fool that operates the boat rental company from a storage facility and launches them each time. He is known to be completely inconsiderate blocking one or more launches (has a few trucks with staff) for extended periods of time with no regard for anyone else.
You will probably also see his pontoon boat tied up at the dock that has a fifteen minute time frame all day long unless rented.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

fall wrote:This could have been that fool that operates the boat rental company from a storage facility and launches them each time. He is known to be completely inconsiderate blocking one or more launches (has a few trucks with staff) for extended periods of time with no regard for anyone else.
You will probably also see his pontoon boat tied up at the dock that has a fifteen minute time frame all day long unless rented.

he will also back over you while you are in the crosswalk as I found out last night. Granted backing a trailer is hard enough without worrying about a walkway but he should be a 'professional'
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

He is going to get more than a ticket one of these times.
Will wait for the boat launch blocker assaulted headline next.
I know he had several verbal altercations earlier this season.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Whether it's the same guy that's running the rentals or not, given the situation that truck should have been hooked up and towed the moment it was verified the owner was not around. The arrogance and lack of consideration for others around here is starting to wear thin. As just mentioned, it won't surprise me in the least to read a story involving this guy in an altercation with another boat owner. Even worse is the stories I've heard that bylaw is not acting on complaints of the rental guy blocking the launch.
ktown_b
Banned

Post by ktown_b »

toonz99 wrote:So just read the story about the people that launched their boat on the launch for several hours and bylaws was nice enough to give them a ticket.. I for the life of me do not understand why they didn't instantly tow the truck and trailer away.. What an idiot.. does anyone know whose truck that is.. he deserves a little shaming...

Welcome to "ME-lowna", where it's me me me, and most importantly...ME! But seriously though, I've watched this city slowly adopt some sort of self-entitlement attitude over the years, and as this city expands, it's probably going to get worse. I'll still continue to drive respectfully, wait for my turn, and maybe even hold the door for the old lady coming out with her groceries. I'm sure the good people in this city can make up for all these dinglewads.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Not sure about your story but last Sunday some dude hogged one lane while he worked on his boat at the Eldorado. Not sure but if it was my boat that was not starting, pull it out and go back when it is not busy. Common sense is just not common.

I also ran into another, I went to his truck as I waited for the fellow ahead of me. I tapped his window so he might roll it down. He was immediately angry. I told him, I'm putting my boat in after the guy in the water. IF you would like take the other side of the dock where the easy lift is. Wow, he found how easy it works when everyone knows who's doing what and communicates. When I was returning from my truck to board my boat, he was in and slick as that it went. He had a big smile and all went well.

It sure works when people pull together and communicate.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

WalterWhite wrote:Whether it's the same guy that's running the rentals or not, given the situation that truck should have been hooked up and towed the moment it was verified the owner was not around. The arrogance and lack of consideration for others around here is starting to wear thin. As just mentioned, it won't surprise me in the least to read a story involving this guy in an altercation with another boat owner. Even worse is the stories I've heard that bylaw is not acting on complaints of the rental guy blocking the launch.

I heard the same thing about the ever diligent bylaw department failing to enforce the bylaws with this particular company and all of its trucks, just saw three of them tonight, business must be picking up, two of them were Budget rental trucks hauling trailers. Fun times at the boat launch.
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

quote]

Welcome to "ME-lowna", where it's me me me, and most importantly...ME! But seriously though, I've watched this city slowly adopt some sort of self-entitlement attitude over the years, and as this city expands, it's probably going to get worse. I'll still continue to drive respectfully, wait for my turn, and maybe even hold the door for the old lady coming out with her groceries. I'm sure the good people in this city can make up for all these dinglewads.[/quote]

Never give up :up:
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

The old 'length of grade 8 chain and padlock from rim to axle' trick is always fun.
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

bernie428 wrote:quote]

Welcome to "ME-lowna", where it's me me me, and most importantly...ME! But seriously though, I've watched this city slowly adopt some sort of self-entitlement attitude over the years, and as this city expands, it's probably going to get worse. I'll still continue to drive respectfully, wait for my turn, and maybe even hold the door for the old lady coming out with her groceries. I'm sure the good people in this city can make up for all these dinglewads.

Never give up :up:[/quote]

Yeah, the people here are getting worse and worse. I don't even bother trying to do anything here anymore, especially downtown. Whenever I do, there's always some moron or morons who end up ruining my day, quite often on the drive to wherever it is I'm going. My good paying job and elderly, mentally challenged aunt are the only things that keep me here. Luckily, I'm able to either hit the highway or jump on a plane and get the hell out of this cesspool whenever I get some time off. So sad to see what Kelowna, my home town, has become.
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

toonz99 wrote:So just read the story about the people that launched their boat on the launch for several hours and bylaws was nice enough to give them a ticket.. I for the life of me do not understand why they didn't instantly tow the truck and trailer away.. What an idiot.. does anyone know whose truck that is.. he deserves a little shaming...

Kelowna is absolutely pathetic when it comes to bylaw enforcement, which is evident by the things people are allowed to get away with here. Same goes for traffic law enforcement. Absolutely shameful.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Bylaw was at water Street boat launch in full force last Sunday. I thanked them for finally coming around. One of the officers said he has been trying for some time to get authorization or something to spend some time there. They were giving the rental guys fair warning that it is a public launch and not meant for comercial use. I also overheard one tell a rental guy they will be enforcing the rules this summer.
I noticed after that that the rentals were still using it as much as ever.
For what it's worth I would like to say that the one rental company that has been using the water Street launch for a few seasons now has always been very polite and courteous with us. They would happily move the boats out of the way to accommodate us getting in or out and I've seen them be quick to help others when needed. Then another company also started using it and they were a gong show. That's when bylaw came.
Going today, hear tommorow

Return to “Central Okanagan”