Central Green condos

dle
Lord of the Board

Re: Central Green condos

Post by dle »

Jflem1983 wrote:Lol at council. Are they handi capped or what. Took 4 years to realize they were not getting towers. What happened to the park that was supposed to be in the middle.

No towne centre design as planned now. Just projects style housing for the masses .

It is really too bad the church got screwed out of this land.

Just MHO of course, but it does seem that a few developments have gone under the radar so to speak as to either not turning out as planned, ie having added rooftop lounges etc not in the building permit, but these things aren't discovered until its too late to stop it. Once they are there, this City council just gives it a check mark - oops, well too late now. They don't make them remove anything. So, since I don't know a thing about how building development works, I will ask if there not a process where an inspection or something might be done along the way to make sure things are going according to Hoyle (Hoyle in this case being the proposal that was agreed to)? Or has word just got out that it doesn't really matter what you propose in Kelowna, just build what you want and get it up before anyone notices - nothing will be done about it except City being "disappointed they aren't getting what they wanted?".
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I passed it today, the Central Green development.

Looks like Kelowna's new projects from the highway. That's their new nick,

The Projects.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

What are the chances it will look like the plan when completed?
Attachments
Central Green.png
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Zero.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

just popping in wrote:What are the chances it will look like the plan when completed?

zero
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Aaaaah - so unless this article is incorrect, NOW we hear the REST of the story, the ACTUAL story:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#217880

Council had set maximum heights of 12 storeys on the site, with no minimum height,...

If Council didn't specify to the developer there MUST be some towers with a minimum height of, but no more than, 12 stories during the proposals, it's way too late now to be trying to get them to add them because council is "disappointed" they aren't getting what they want! Why are they wasting their time and our money trying to get the developers to build 12 story towers at this stage of the game when they weren't asked for in the first place???

Geez Lousie, what am I missing here?? I don't know if it's just me, but I think our City council needs different people in whatever department is responsible for building permits, proposals etc. The ones they have don't seem to read the fine print (i.e. make sure at the outset you ask for exactly what you require from the developer), they don't stand firm and call any developer to task or make them remove what's built without a permit when they do slide something past council that wasn't in the proposal (i.e. roof top lounges downtown), council doesn't seem to hand down any consequence when someone blatantly breaks the law (i.e. chops down trees to get a better view when told specifically "no" you can't), etc, etc. No wonder people like building here - jungle rules!

Guess the lesson to be learned here is if our City planners were involved in a decision, there will most likely be some "misunderstandings" and "oh well, what's done is done" along the road!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

My opinion is that they are plenty tall enough as they stand.

They'll still be able to cram way more people into their little holes,
than the rest of the infrastructure can handle anyways.

I'll state again, the building facing Richter has a look in a building that
has visual appeal
Everything else I see here, and the several others planted around are,
as has been coined "The Projects"

Funny how some brickwork changes my perception.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
613Sparky

Post by 613Sparky »

I bought into Central Green One first week they were offering. Of course when they had a different lay out of the property...There was suppose to be commercial retail on site Etc. Now its turned into a waste of space.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Misleading
False pretenses

Can you get your money back if you are unhappy with the situation now?
613Sparky

Post by 613Sparky »

Queen K wrote:Misleading
False pretenses

Can you get your money back if you are unhappy with the situation now?

I wouldn't say I'm unhappy. I won't lie i got the place for a great deal and has increased in value.

I'm currently looking at the "Disclosure statement"......Wow did this thing ever changed.

Hopefully they at minimum stick to the pedestrian bridge they promised.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Sure a far cry.
That drawing to the physical structures.

Kinda like seeing a Movie based on a book you liked.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
613Sparky

Post by 613Sparky »

As you see the layout of the land...its sections. Can't get it twisted because mission group doesn't own the land towards the highway. They own the land at CG 1,2,3 and not where the towers were suppose to be. End of the day its not their fault but still sold on false plans.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

[quote="dirtybiker"]Sure a far cry.

Kinda like seeing a Movie based on a book you liked.[/quot

My eyes are getting a little worse for wear these days but even I can see that drawing is NOTHING like what I am driving by every day! Around Kelowna, probably best to wait til the building is built (finito) before you buy in....you might think you are buying into a semi-highrise and wind up in a mobile home park lol - you know, once the "little" adjustments, and "necessary" changes to the proposed plans slither in!
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

613Sparky wrote:As you see the layout of the land...its sections. Can't get it twisted because mission group doesn't own the land towards the highway. They own the land at CG 1,2,3 and not where the towers were suppose to be. End of the day its not their fault but still sold on false plans.

Oh well...no biggie...as long as it's still in Kelowna right? That part didn't change..... I'd be asking for a do-over on my deal.....
613Sparky

Post by 613Sparky »

dle wrote:
dirtybiker wrote:Sure a far cry.

Kinda like seeing a Movie based on a book you liked.[/quot

My eyes are getting a little worse for wear these days but even I can see that drawing is NOTHING like what I am driving by every day! Around Kelowna, probably best to wait til the building is built (finito) before you buy in....you might think you are buying into a semi-highrise and wind up in a mobile home park lol - you know, once the "little" adjustments, and "necessary" changes to the proposed plans slither in!

Haha i hear you on that one. I knew exactly what condo/building i was buying into but the remaining of the project is what has changed drastically. I was expecting some retail on site.... nice and convenient.

Return to “Central Okanagan”