Empty Lots Tall Grass Fire Hazard.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Empty Lots Tall Grass Fire Hazard.

Post by Ken7 »

voice of reason wrote:The one that really irks me is the 3 ft tall weeds allowed to grow right up the middle of the highway every year up near the fountain tire/scandia area. it looks bad for the city and it is a fire hazard.i was stopped in traffic there the other day and the weeds are as high as the hood on my truck and dead as they can get.one careless smoker and shes up in flames

I've never seen a City this size who cares less about their boulevards, most have nice level grass areas that can be maintained, not open ditches as we have in so many places such as Glenmore Road. It looks terrible, but we'll put more round-abouts to make it all better.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

There's nothing stopping a group of determined, diligent citizens or service club from "adopting a road". We take care of the City property connected to our yard. There's a half block near our home that is going to require me to put on some gardening gloves and pull some tall weeds, mostly thistles. Guess I'm "adopting" it because the weeds bother me when I walk by!
The more we do, the more gets done.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Piecemaker wrote:There's nothing stopping a group of determined, diligent citizens or service club from "adopting a road". We take care of the City property connected to our yard. There's a half block near our home that is going to require me to put on some gardening gloves and pull some tall weeds, mostly thistles. Guess I'm "adopting" it because the weeds bother me when I walk by!
The more we do, the more gets done.

Ultimately what I think the city is hoping residents do. They'll send notices/fines regarding unsightly private premises - yet as mentioned, city boulevards and medians have never looked more unkept and unsightly than they currently do.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Its a new trend like the auto industry, pass the problem on and wash your hands.
Sure do love Rutland!!
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Hassel99 wrote:Having a house next to your house is more of a fire risk than a field of grass, long or not.

If it really rubs your the wrong way, fire up (lol) your weedwacker and clear the side near your fence.

Really? Trespass use my equipment, spend my time and money to do what this person / business is responsible for. And no it is much more a fire hazard next to a dry weed filled field than a kept home.

Return to “Central Okanagan”