Naked intruder

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Naked intruder

Post by kgcayenne »

So what about a medical condition that causes erratic behaviour that is actually beyond the control of the individual?

Take some time to think about that before you reply.

If you are still holding a grudge, remember, that means if you have a stroke, or a heart attack behind the wheel of your car, harm someone, and survive, you feel you should be found to be 100% at fault and be held responsible.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

kgcayenne wrote:So what about a medical condition that causes erratic behaviour that is actually beyond the control of the individual?

Take some time to think about that before you reply.

If you are still holding a grudge, remember, that means if you have a stroke, or a heart attack behind the wheel of your car, harm someone, and survive, you feel you should be found to be 100% at fault and be held responsible.

What was the point in adding the tiny print stating "If you are still holding a grudge, remember, that means if you have a stroke, or a heart attack behind the wheel of your car, harm someone, and survive, you feel you should be found to be 100% at fault and be held responsible."

Bet you thought that was real clever, huh? Lmao!

Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Simply so that it is directed at only one who chooses to reply....

...or deflect.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

kgcayenne wrote:Simply so that it is directed at only one who chooses to reply....

...or deflect.

Having a heart attack at the wheel and causing an accident that kills someone is far different than having a mental break and attacking someone. Or worse, killing someone. Somewhere inside that person is a very violent personality and it needs to be dealt with. Not with hugs and kisses from mental health advocates but with time removed from society where they can get the help they need. Behind bars, for a good length of time. Not a couple months of "treatment" and then back out in the world being told "remember to take your meds" only for them to think "I don't need my meds" and then they re-offend. And the whole cycle starts again. "I wasn't on my meds, not my fault" and out come the advocates, more treatment, more meds, and it's a continuous cycle that never ends.
Just called me Triple B.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I did not say mental break. I said medical condition.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws ... 0_96288_01
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

kgcayenne wrote:I did not say mental break. I said medical condition.

If someone has a medical condition that is causing them to attack and or kill people then they should not be out mingling in society.
Just called me Triple B.
whatthehonk

Post by whatthehonk »

Rather then being caught up in a circular debate about drugs and the culture surrounding that issue and what drove the unfortunate young woman to behave the way she did would it not be a lot more productive to discuss the core issue of this specific problem? If the initial reporting on this thread was in any way accurate would it not be more productive to find ways to ensure that the owner of the offending property brought that property into compliance with accepted standards? Seems that that might be better place to start than arguing about a problem that's far too large to remedy on a local basis.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

If we didn't have legalized slave labour, we'd have a lot less of these social problems.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

lightspeed wrote:If we didn't have legalized slave labour, we'd have a lot less of these social problems.

Legalized slave Labour as you put it, is one thing, but blaming them for pre existing social problems is, for lack of a better term, Trumpesque. No?
Is that where we are at again? Blaming coloured folk for societal ills?
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

whatthehonk wrote:Rather then being caught up in a circular debate about drugs and the culture surrounding that issue and what drove the unfortunate young woman to behave the way she did would it not be a lot more productive to discuss the core issue of this specific problem? If the initial reporting on this thread was in any way accurate would it not be more productive to find ways to ensure that the owner of the offending property brought that property into compliance with accepted standards? Seems that that might be better place to start than arguing about a problem that's far too large to remedy on a local basis.

that is not the core issue, that is a symptom
whatthehonk

Post by whatthehonk »

In this particular case the existence of the sub-standard property is, in fact, the core issue. If the initial reporting is accurate it would seem that the various levels of government charged with the responsibility of ensuring that the property was habitable by the temporary workers have not discharged that responsibility properly which has resulted directly in the social issues on which folks here are concentrating. Perhaps if the owner of the offending property had been compelled to bring the site to an acceptable standard the area would not have deteriorated and the present issues would not exist.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think this is just the way Brazilian woman make a statement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

whatthehonk wrote:In this particular case the existence of the sub-standard property is, in fact, the core issue. If the initial reporting is accurate it would seem that the various levels of government charged with the responsibility of ensuring that the property was habitable by the temporary workers have not discharged that responsibility properly which has resulted directly in the social issues on which folks here are concentrating. Perhaps if the owner of the offending property had been compelled to bring the site to an acceptable standard the area would not have deteriorated and the present issues would not exist.

The core issue is why a person with mental problems was not turned back at the border. For every foreign citizen in our overburdened health care system there is one less spot for our own citizens.
This person has committed assault and break and enter. We could spend many thousands of taxpayers dollars on this event, or we could send her home and use that money for our own problems.
Black Dogs Matter
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Typical straw man argument^^
It's completely inconceivable that this woman developed issues while here subjected to abominable conditions and then preyed upon by abhorrent individuals?
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8

Return to “Central Okanagan”