Five fire trucks in Lake Country

common_sense_guy
Übergod

Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Post by common_sense_guy »

Couple nights ago 5 fire trucks were responding to a call on oyama road across from Hebert Road. Found my scanner and I think I heard them mentioned something about a backyard fire and the people didn't know the ban was on.. has anybody heard if they got fined or let off the hook with such a large fire response.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Post by Scrobins94 »

brosy wrote:Couple nights ago 5 fire trucks were responding to a call on oyama road across from Hebert Road. Found my scanner and I think I heard them mentioned something about a backyard fire and the people didn't know the ban was on.. has anybody heard if they got fined or let off the hook with such a large fire response.

Sorry, haven't heard anything. I don't usually listen in on other people's conversations though...
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Why would you bother replying if you didn't hear anything.lol. I don't need 100 people say no I didn't hear anything. And I'm guessing you're not familiar with what a scanner is are you? It wasn't a private conversation I was listening in on
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

brosy: check your private inbox on the forum.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

brosy wrote:Why would you bother replying if you didn't hear anything.lol. I don't need 100 people say no I didn't hear anything. And I'm guessing you're not familiar with what a scanner is are you? It wasn't a private conversation I was listening in on

Is an answer really necessary for you question though? What difference would it make to you?

I get the impression the answer wouldn't satisfy you either way.

Option 1) Yes they were caught and received a fine.
You) Good! Bunch of idiots-the fine should've been bigger!

Option 2) No they were let off the hook with just a warning
You) Bunch of morons! This is ridiculous! Blah blah blah....

Either way, so what? Complaining on here about does nothing.

I mean you listen to a scanner......who does that other than busy bodies?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
common_sense_guy
Übergod

I would like to know if they got fined or not since my taxes go towards fire and other essential services. if they didn't get fined I then have the option of making some waves to make sure idiots like that pay for fire call outs and not me ..it is my business as well as anyone else that pays taxes
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Loki2u wrote:Is an answer really necessary for you question though? What difference would it make to you?

I get the impression the answer wouldn't satisfy you either way.

Option 1) Yes they were caught and received a fine.
You) Good! Bunch of idiots-the fine should've been bigger!

Option 2) No they were let off the hook with just a warning
You) Bunch of morons! This is ridiculous! Blah blah blah....

Either way, so what? Complaining on here about does nothing.

I mean you listen to a scanner......who does that other than busy bodies?

I get the feeling brosy lives in Lake Country and was concerned or nervous. Many people are very nervous about the fires since 8 homes were lost less than two months ago. Just a guess.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Idiots burning in their back yard is a legitimate concern.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

lightspeed wrote:Idiots burning in their back yard is a legitimate concern.

And the excuse that they didn't know a ban was in effect is total BS!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
EZGuy

Post by EZGuy »

About 12 years ago there was a fire started by 2 property owners clearing land in the hot summer months at the north end the private lane off Moberly Road in Lake Country. The fire spread into trees and a substantial interface fire started. DLC fire department and BC wild land fire water bombers both responded to put out the fire. Even though the fire was illegal (no burn permit) the 2 property owners were not charged. However it cost the tax payers over$20,000 to extinguish the fire. The 2 property owners who started the fire were both YLW firemen, so buddies. And we wonder why taxes are so high. Do an FOI request if you don't believe me.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

EZGuy wrote:About 12 years ago there was a fire started by 2 property owners clearing land in the hot summer months at the north end the private lane off Moberly Road in Lake Country. The fire spread into trees and a substantial interface fire started. DLC fire department and BC wild land fire water bombers both responded to put out the fire. Even though the fire was illegal (no burn permit) the 2 property owners were not charged. However it cost the tax payers over$20,000 to extinguish the fire. The 2 property owners who started the fire were both YLW firemen, so buddies. And we wonder why taxes are so high. Do an FOI request if you don't believe me.

This is kind of off topic.. But regardless, you think that they didn't get charged because they were fire fighters in another district? Far fetched. Who brings the charges anyhow? I won't say that you're wrong. I just highly doubt that you're right.

Return to “Central Okanagan”