Canada's OD capital

whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: Canada's OD capital

Post by whatwhat »

gardengirl wrote:Bunk. Most diabetics don't walk around with needles any more. They use pens similar to an epi-pen but smaller. If a diabetic was still doing "old school" and used a needle, the would also probably have an ice pack and a bottle that said INSULIN clearly on the label.

Oh interesting. The lady I work with must be old school then :up:
hail Satan y'all
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

gardengirl wrote:Bunk. Most diabetics don't walk around with needles any more. They use pens similar to an epi-pen but smaller. If a diabetic was still doing "old school" and used a needle, the would also probably have an ice pack and a bottle that said INSULIN clearly on the label.

whatwhat wrote:Oh interesting. The lady I work with must be old school then :up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin_pen

It could depend on the type of insulin she is on. Some people have mixed insulin which may not be available in a pen fill. Also,the pen cartridges are more expensive.

Regardless, I a diabetic is carrying a needle, they are probably also carrying insulin, not ziploc bag, piece of foil or however else people package their illegal substances.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

tone it down please.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
NolaM

Post by NolaM »

Spent some time listening to people sent to the valley for WCB retraining.
These are people that were finding a way past a workplace injury,
and a frightening amount were injured in Vehicle accidents.
Most through no fault of their own..
Regardless... part of their recovery was prescription opiods.
Because in the push to do rehab, to get them back to work ASAP.
Without pain meds, that job function wouldn't be possible.

Now.. when they weren't able to go back to the previous employment,
Sometimes through being one of the 1/5 that get hooked on the prescriptions
Some are simply unable to return to doing punishing hours and heavy work.
so... I used to say to these guys.. taking driving training, UBC courses,
You do realize that to get a job after you finish the course, you have to peetest?
From the universal 'clench' you could tell it was gonna be a problem for them.

So there they were.. struggling through their training, struggling through function,
Fighting pain, without support from family and friends.
...and at the end of all that, realizing that corporations don't hire broken people.
They toss them away and get fresh meat for the line.
WCB, Welfare and Insurance cuts off because they are 'retrained'
The workplace buddies move on. the partner moves on,
Families that glorified the big paychecks and toys don't recognize their new personal reality.
Doctors have run their 'one size fits all' playlist of treatment.

You've got a jobless guy living below the poverty line, in pain,
If they are not addicted already, they know what blunts the pain.
The valley is and has been from the 60's, a hub of black market nefarious stuff.
Under the table work, unzoned rentals, drugs, booze, wink and nod habits.
Its where untaxed money comes to be washed.
I'm surprised it isn't worse...wait for it...tapping watch..

And those that say it doesn't impact them..
Bend over.. you are about to get schooled.
Arrogance is just begging karma to rebalance your life attitude.
A lot don't admit that alcohol just takes a little longer to kill ya.
They call those safe injection sites 'pubs'
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

NolaM wrote:Spent some time listening to people sent to the valley for WCB retraining.
These are people that were finding a way past a workplace injury,
and a frightening amount were injured in Vehicle accidents.
Most through no fault of their own..
Regardless... part of their recovery was prescription opiods.
Because in the push to do rehab, to get them back to work ASAP.
Without pain meds, that job function wouldn't be possible.

Now.. when they weren't able to go back to the previous employment,
Sometimes through being one of the 1/5 that get hooked on the prescriptions
Some are simply unable to return to doing punishing hours and heavy work.
so... I used to say to these guys.. taking driving training, UBC courses,
You do realize that to get a job after you finish the course, you have to peetest?
From the universal 'clench' you could tell it was gonna be a problem for them.

So there they were.. struggling through their training, struggling through function,
Fighting pain, without support from family and friends.
...and at the end of all that, realizing that corporations don't hire broken people.
They toss them away and get fresh meat for the line.
WCB, Welfare and Insurance cuts off because they are 'retrained'
The workplace buddies move on. the partner moves on,
Families that glorified the big paychecks and toys don't recognize their new personal reality.
Doctors have run their 'one size fits all' playlist of treatment.

You've got a jobless guy living below the poverty line, in pain,
If they are not addicted already, they know what blunts the pain.
The valley is and has been from the 60's, a hub of black market nefarious stuff.
Under the table work, unzoned rentals, drugs, booze, wink and nod habits.
Its where untaxed money comes to be washed.
I'm surprised it isn't worse...wait for it...tapping watch..

And those that say it doesn't impact them..
Bend over.. you are about to get schooled.
Arrogance is just begging karma to rebalance your life attitude.
A lot don't admit that alcohol just takes a little longer to kill ya.
They call those safe injection sites 'pubs'

So this is new? People have always had accidents, injuries, personal trauma. It is only in the last decade that injection drug use has become "normal". Why is this? 1in 5 becomes addicted to opiates? Again, why?

Perhaps because of the bubble wrap society. People don't have coping skills because they are protected from anything which might be unpleasant.. You can't fail children in school, even if they do not do the work required, because it will damage their self esteem. You cannot use correct terminology for things because, it is now deemed "offensive". New language is developed to be politically correct, to the point that it is so convoluted that you have no idea what people are actually talking about.

What about personal responsibility? Nope. Everything is someone else's fault. After the retraining that was paid for, you can't actually get a job because you won't pass the drug screening. Got addicted to drugs because of the Dr, the lack of the support of friends and family....yup they are most certainly to blame. Can't get a job? Oh well corporations don't hire broken people, those baaaad corporations. (Hmm disabled people who want to work seem to be able to get jobs.) Oh sorry, that's "differently abled" now.

On and on it goes. Someone else is always to blame.

Of course along with that is the lack of consequences. Oh, it's ok, you are "disenfranchised"so the rules don't apply to you. You have some "condition" so you can't be expected to behave in what used to be a considered a normal fashion. You were stoned, so you can't be held responsible for what you did. You could die from the drug that you chose to take? Oh well you can just make sure you have a buddy there to give you the Naloxone. Of course that needs to be FREE because someone else should have to pay it. Friend got stoned too? That's ok, send out a first responder who risks their life to save yours. Go to the hospital again...for another overdose? Don't worry about paying for the ambulance, where are they going to send that bill anyway?

Wake up people! The inmates are running the asylum.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly :up: on and on it goes
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

whatwhat wrote:

Oh interesting. The lady I work with must be old school then :up:

same old crap from your type on here , always trying to deflect the blame on someone else,never taking responsibility for there own actions, until you types stop minimizing ,you people are part of the problem not the solution
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Not only "down and out" falling victim to OD'ing in these parts. Some so-called "high rollers" with $300,000 dollar supercars have come VERY close to a dirt nap after their recreational coke was laced with fentanyl. I have noticed a particular "supercar" being driven a little slower around Kelowna since their personnel near death experience as opposed to "wringing it out" at many stop lights.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

maybe the loser might grow up now ,if not maybe bye bye soon
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:Not only "down and out" falling victim to OD'ing in these parts. Some so-called "high rollers" with $300,000 dollar supercars have come VERY close to a dirt nap after their recreational coke was laced with fentanyl. I have noticed THAT particular "supercar" being driven a little slower around Kelowna since then as opposed to "wringing it out" at many stop lights.

As I've said earlier in this thread time to fine a different recreation.
Playing with fire, has consequences
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

gardengirl wrote:
Of course along with that is the lack of consequences. Oh, it's ok, you are "disenfranchised"so the rules don't apply to you. You have some "condition" so you can't be expected to behave in what used to be a considered a normal fashion. You were stoned, so you can't be held responsible for what you did. You could die from the drug that you chose to take? Oh well you can just make sure you have a buddy there to give you the Naloxone. Of course that needs to be FREE because someone else should have to pay it. Friend got stoned too? That's ok, send out a first responder who risks their life to save yours. Go to the hospital again...for another overdose? Don't worry about paying for the ambulance, where are they going to send that bill anyway?

Wake up people! The inmates are running the asylum.

I didn't include it in the quote, but I disagree with "Bubblewrap society" being such a cause of addiction. My grandfather's generation may not have had people dying in alleys with a needle in their arm, but there were an awful lot of men who drank their troubles away. Addiction is, and always has been, something that befalls broken, dysfunctional people. As society decays, the number of these vulnerable individuals increases. Our culture does little to support marriage. Little to support parenting. It does not support spirituality or humanity. If you've got functional versions of these things in your life, you're one of the lucky ones. As for the unlucky ones, well, this thread is about them. Yes, people need to be responsible for themselves and make a healthy, happy life. Some of us grew up in such F'd up environments that being healthy and happy was already off the table by the time we started high school.

Unless we can somehow reverse the direction our entire society is headed in, this will only get worse.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

I see a guy in Kelowna all the time, drives a silver Lamborghini, younger guy...owns multiple vehicles, one time I seen him slumped over in his seat outside of IHOP...drugs are bad kids..
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

we all have a sad story to tell me included ,ya me too can you believe it :200: .man up or check out, i had to man up at an early age, safe bet if we stopped enabling so many people as we do now there would be waaaaaaaaay less junkies, so yes all you enablers are part of the problem
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:we all have a sad story to tell me included ,ya me too can you believe it :200: .man up or check out, i had to man up at an early age, safe bet if we stopped enabling so many people as we do now there would be waaaaaaaaay less junkies, so yes all you enablers are part of the problem

actualy it is people like you who live in a fantasy that everything is black and white. facts are your little drug war did nothing except waste money that should have been better spent . the folks trying to properly deal with the problem are not the enablers , you are by being ignorant of the solutions , you are by thinking your somehow above anyone . facts are the right moves are being implemented and theres nothing you can do about it except watch. :smt045
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

the truth wrote:we all have a sad story to tell me included ,ya me too can you believe it :200: .man up or check out, i had to man up at an early age, safe bet if we stopped enabling so many people as we do now there would be waaaaaaaaay less junkies, so yes all you enablers are part of the problem

maryjane48 wrote:actualy it is people like you who live in a fantasy that everything is black and white. facts are your little drug war did nothing except waste money that should have been better spent . the folks trying to properly deal with the problem are not the enablers , you are by being ignorant of the solutions , you are by thinking your somehow above anyone . facts are the right moves are being implemented and theres nothing you can do about it except watch. :smt045

Are you kidding? The fact is that there is a bigger drug problem than there has ever been. When is this "solution" supposed to start working?
I do like the finger pointing though. Well done.

Return to “Central Okanagan”