RCMP

Even Steven
Guru

Re: RCMP

Post by Even Steven »

Ken7 wrote:As for a walk by or drive by wilful damage such as you speak, likely only a sex meteorite

Sex meteorite? That was my nickname in college.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Ken7 wrote:likely only a sex meteorite

Huh? :200:
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Even Steven wrote:I on the other hand would like to see Police tackling more important issues over stolen credit cards used by some bum to buy booze. Let the banks pay for it, and let police deal with more time-pressing things.

If somebody breaks your car window, do you really expect police be investigating it? No, you file a report, get insurance money, and move on with your life. Same here.

Like what? Pulling someone over for doing 60km in a 50km zone. Said it before it's time for our own police force in town and give the fat cat RCMP the boot :up:
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

lightspeed wrote:

FN Rock,
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Whyme2 wrote:Like what? Pulling someone over for doing 60km in a 50km zone. Said it before it's time for our own police force in town and give the fat cat RCMP the boot :up:

STOP they don't do that either, so what exactly do they do here??? I'm beginning to wonder.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

rustled wrote:Tap is a problem. I decided never to use it. But a few businesses have asked for my card and then tapped it, instead of sliding or inserting it into their machine and handing it to me.

I never have and never will let any of my cards leave my hand.
Under any circumstances.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Ken7 wrote:
lightspeed wrote:

FN Rock,

Gone in a flash..... :)
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I love using TAP, makes life so much easier. If something happens, its my own loss - I accept that. If you don't like the TAP feature, you can have it deactivated off your card. Not sure about other banks, but my bank is set up that a purchase cannot be more than $100 to use the TAP feature, and if you've used the TAP for a total of $200, you have to insert the card and use the PIN.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Dizzy1 wrote:I love using TAP, makes life so much easier. If something happens, its my own loss - I accept that. If you don't like the TAP feature, you can have it deactivated off your card. Not sure about other banks, but my bank is set up that a purchase cannot be more than $100 to use the TAP feature, and if you've used the TAP for a total of $200, you have to insert the card and use the PIN.

So, what you are saying is that if you want to make a purchase over $200, you have to then remember the 4 digit pin number that you should have been able to remember and use in the first place? Surely in this day and age of digital numbers, people can remember a short number; if not, put it in your smart phone as a random address or something. [icon_lol2.gif]

I would much rather be safe than sorry and NOT tap. 200 hundred bucks is 200 hard earned bucks. I will be checking my card asap to ensure that any tap feature that I never asked for is deactivated. :up:
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

pentona wrote:So, what you are saying is that if you want to make a purchase over $200, you have to then remember the 4 digit pin number that you should have been able to remember and use in the first place? Surely in this day and age of digital numbers, people can remember a short number; if not, put it in your smart phone as a random address or something. [icon_lol2.gif]

I would much rather be safe than sorry and NOT tap. 200 hundred bucks is 200 hard earned bucks. I will be checking my card asap to ensure that any tap feature that I never asked for is deactivated. :up:

Believe it or not, in most cases, it has nothing to do with remembering your PIN. I have four different cards, I know the PIN on all of them - for me, and many others its just a convience feature. I like it. You don't. :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I have so many cards and accounts, I find the pin and password things to be so overwhelming. I can't remember half of them. I just changed them all to 1234. Easy peasy.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bman wrote:I have so many cards and accounts, I find the pin and password things to be so overwhelming. I can't remember half of them. I just changed them all to 1234. Easy peasy.

In order to help you remember all your pin codes, simply write them on a yellow sticky and keep it safe in your wallet. :D
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

...sigh another anti police rant.

The Police work hard in Kelowna. The fact that people continue to do things like leaving their belongings in vehicles and sometimes even unlocked is suddenly the fault of the police....

As for the video, most "video" we see online is not 4k where you can actually make out who it is.

If the police are in the middle of an investigation then they can't comment on details. This does not mean they're not looking into the issue.

The original post is for a crime involving stolen cards and a vehicle and quickly jumps into the usual anti police bashing.

Like I said the police in Kelowna work very hard for Kelowna.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Ken7 wrote:
FN Rock,

How could you tell a First National threw the rock ?
Black Dogs Matter
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

My wallet is on my body at all times, in summer months where pockets are scarce it gets purged and carry the essentials putting the important stuff in a secure place in my home.
Just found out my daily "Tap" limit is $500, disturbing and changed it to $50 -some should consider checking theirs
If you find my wallet, I'm likely dead :) :digging:

That fact that the vehicle came with the additional prize of a wallet tells me too many leave them in their vehicles.
You'd think some crimes would be a slam dunk.

Return to “Central Okanagan”