Crashes all over town

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Crashes all over town

Post by Bpeep »

Ones knowledge of grade 11 physics does little to compensate for the lack of understanding of the composition of winter tires.

Nor is the value of an autommobile a function of its ability to maneuver on winter roads.

Imo the roads would be a ton safer if peeps understood that.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Normally right about now I’d say quit the squabbling and let’s just all meet at Orchard Park parking lot Sunday evening and give these theories/vehicles a good workout. However, it’s apparently a fineable offense with at least one cop who cited drivers “just out fer a rip” with their buds one snowy evening a few years back. Too bad - always good fun and a great way to get the winter “feel” back for driving conditions. Well, that and the fact a good portion of it likely melted away today :)
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Bman wrote:
Sparki55 wrote:Lol thanks for explaining what I knew about gravel roads, the title of this thread is crashes around town. I don't know of many roads in town which are gravel.

I grabbed the image off an image search and didn't read the article. I'm well versed enough in physics to understand it.

My point stands for pavement, ABS will significantly reduce sliding distance on slippery surfaces becasue it will hold a higher coefficient of friction, i.e. the road is more sticky

I still contest your original claim of abs on your crap tires vs non abs on good winters.
I challenge you to prove your claim.

We would enter a never ending squabble over coefficients of friction. Wet vs dry, static vs kinetic, good tire vs poor. The coefficient of friction is something thats best tested physically and it never searchable online
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Sparki55 wrote: I'm well versed enough in physics to understand it.

We would enter a never ending squabble over coefficients of friction. Wet vs dry, static vs kinetic, good tire vs poor. The coefficient of friction is something thats best tested physically and it never searchable online

And here I was certain you were going to make an effort to prove your claim.
Nice try on a deke tho.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Another thread sliding out of control, heading towards a fiery crash thus
testing the coefficient drag of ferri's control over the forces that momentum,
and snow-ball conditions have applied to the mass vs weight X speed to
which old and new technologies...collide....

:130:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I'm actually going to lock this thread until the next Storm of the Century. :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Central Okanagan”