Chased Down for Waving

my5cents
Guru

Re: Chased Down for Waving

Post by my5cents »

saskbc2006 wrote:In fact I did read the article......you are missing the point......9 cops to do what one or two could have done?

I take no issue with 9 police officers attending at a possible gun call.

Having said that, I really doubt there were 9, but if there was so what.

I think the fact that we, in Canada, take the report of someone possibly waving a handgun around VERY seriously as comforting, verse countries like the US where seeing someone with a gun is of little concern.

I would also wonder how many Kelowna RCMP would even be clear and able to attend, 9 sounds high.

Also because of the makeup of the RCMP and their procedure of staffing police cars with one officer each, if 9 members were in attendance that amounts to 9 police cars. In a non RCMP policed city, the number of patrol cars would be halved because they are generally staffed with 2 members in each patrol car.

As for the reportee stating they "thought" they saw a gun, the golden rule in police work is to error on the side of caution.

The police can always deescalate a situation, much harder to escalate.

The alternative is to fault someone for reporting someone with a gun that turns out to be a toy or, whatever. Police do not want reportees downplaying an event and the police to attend at find they are unprepared with insufficient resources.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

It appears now that anyone can tie up the entire police force of Kelowna by phoning in a what is believed to be a gun incident. Imagine now this incident occurring and then while it is going on someone lets off some firecrackers 2 blocks away and calls in a shooting..........downtown Kelowna would be shut down completely.

As far as the white H5 Hummer driver..........WOW..........everyone appears to know her with 100% accuracy. If what has been said about her is correct along with the videos posted, lets hope some of this has sunk into her head. If not, some are correct in that it will lead to us reading about her again
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lesliepaul wrote:It appears now that anyone can tie up the entire police force of Kelowna by phoning in a what is believed to be a gun incident.

Appears you have no idea how many members were working at the time.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 15th, 2017, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lesliepaul wrote:Imagine now this incident occurring and then while it is going on someone lets off some firecrackers 2 blocks away and calls in a shooting..........downtown Kelowna would be shut down completely.
There has been a shooting downtown and the whole area was not shut down completely.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

WalterWhite wrote:
saskbc2006 wrote:Seriously......9 cops to arrest one woman? What is wrong with our RCMP when they feel the need to put on a such a gross display of authority in downtown Kelowna. Our police system is there to serve and protect, not entertain others with their bright blue and red flashing lights for everyone to notice and for them to say "look at us do our job!"
This is just one more example of our mentors putting their resources and priorities in the wrong place. Such a waste.
If only they could spend their time better by writing more distracted driving tickets, (preferably to themselves) for driving down the street with their eyes glued to their computer screen on their center console

Link to story:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... for-waving

Did you read the actual account of the incident? Sorry to burst your cop-hating-bubble, but it was stated police received a call of the Hummer driver brandishing a gun - appropriate response was given until deemed otherwise.

RCMP Cpl. Jesse O’Donaghey said police were told a female driver of a white Hummer pulled alongside another vehicle, “reportedly yelled at the two occupants of that vehicle and brandished what they believed to be a weapon before driving away.”

Given the above account of a previous run-in another driver had with apparently the same vehicle and driver - it's too bad she was even permitted back behind the wheel. Sounds like just another "K-Town diva". This town's really starting to go down the *bleep* thanks to these types. The fact she's piloting a Hummer is just icing on the cake.

saskbc2006 wrote:In fact I did read the article......you are missing the point......9 cops to do what one or two could have done?

Reading - and comprehending - are two entirely different things. Actually, the point is, you clearly have no idea or understanding of procedures and protocol regarding police response to a report possibly involving weapons. However, I learned a long time ago that those with a deep resentment of law enforcement have no interest in facts or reason as it affects their ability to further spew forth more unintelligent, misinformed drivel they consider constructive criticism of those that serve and protect.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Fancy wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:Imagine now this incident occurring and then while it is going on someone lets off some firecrackers 2 blocks away and calls in a shooting..........downtown Kelowna would be shut down completely.
There has been a shooting downtown and the whole area was not shut down completely.

I am talking about ANOTHER (gun) incident WHILE this current (gun) one was happening............capisce!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

lesliepaul wrote:I wonder what the police do now with the people (so-called victims) that called in the "threatened with a gun"? Imagine all of the damage one can do now to ANYONE by calling in a "what I think was a gun" complaint.

Oh really ???? Try selling a paint ball gun at UBCO .

Remember that " Person with a gun " incident ??

Reading - and comprehending - are two entirely different things. Actually, the point is, you clearly have no idea or understanding of procedures and protocol regarding police response to a report possibly involving weapons. However, I learned a long time ago that those with a deep resentment of law enforcement have no interest in facts or reason as it affects their ability to further spew forth more unintelligent, misinformed drivel they consider constructive criticism of those that serve and protect.

I've been watching this "protocol for a long time now .. Any mention of a "possible weapon" or better yet " suspicious package " garners a vast amount of police response it seems ..

The smoking bag of poop in Sears at the mall prompting a "lock down" and major traffic chaos is my favourite.

Too bad they didn't just respond to the initial report of a hit and run .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Sorry My5

The police can always deescalate a situation, much harder to escalate.

Nope..... Seems they're better at the latter.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

MAPearce wrote:Sorry My5 Nope..... Seems they're better at the latter.

Ah, er,, well. Don't be sorry you're 100% correct. I said backwards.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lesliepaul wrote:I am talking about ANOTHER (gun) incident WHILE this current (gun) one was happening............capisce!

Wow - how often does that happen?

Return to “Central Okanagan”