Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

Post by Bpeep »

the truth wrote:
this is why you pull the trigger first, family safety first always https://globalnews.ca/news/3869256/girl ... n-okotoks/

Most likely another junkie looking to steal anything to get an 8 dollar high.
But for some odd reason half the country thinks it's ok.
Too bad dad didn't get hold of the offender and slice him.
The offender was willing to slice the girls throat.

Nobody can convince me that lethal force in this instance isn't an appropriate response.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

8 bucks for a high ??

I could'nt get even get tipsy for that in 82....
Last edited by MAPearce on Nov 19th, 2017, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

lightspeed wrote:
Bman wrote:It's really quite unfortunate, but govt has society exactly where they want them.

To be independent, self reliant, hardworking, protective of self and others, willing to help others but not willing to help fools and idiots, are not traits broader society admires any more. The Marlboro man, the country man, the woodsman, the independent homesteaders. Settlers.Times gone by. Now people are addicted to home shopping, shopping channels, Amazon Prime. Green haired SJW's preach to the world via YouTube and millions watch, enthralled. Kids don't even know what gender they are anymore and the parents encourage this nonsense.

People are such needy, whining, soft, lazy, insecure, pliable creatures these days. People have to make time for fools and idiots, seeing as the vast majority of people are becoming simpletons they have no choice. Everything is dumbed down to the most simple "lowest common denominator". Caution, hot. Danger, slippery when wet.

Strange times...

When I was a kid we didn't lock our doors - you hear jokes about half the time no one even knew where the key to the house was but it's not a really a joke. We had cops who drove and/or walked beats around the neighborhoods every once in a while - we felt very safe. It was a completely different time. There were homeless people then too though, and drug addicts, and some petty theft, and kids vandalizing stuff, but not to the extent there is now. Kids got caught vandalizing a fence, kids were seen next day repairing same fence. There were consequences. But most of the homeless people or the drug addicts didn't break in and steal your stuff, they went to the Salvation Army to eat and they came around and asked to do odd jobs during the day for which they were paid and we felt thankful to have someone who had time to do it for us - everyone felt good about the deal. We donated food to the Salvation Army and Christmas hampers back then too. People who were truly "down on their luck" were not looked "down upon" - quite simply because everyone knew it could happen to them they might need the community assistance one day. Everyone had their pride and honour. But then again, those down on their luck went around asking for odd jobs to do and tried to make their way best they could. Their "job" every day was to find some work to do even if it wasn't a permanent job. They didn't want "handouts", it made them feel bad, but when they did a job and got paid it made them feel good and part of the community as it should be. When they could help someone else who was less fortunate even than them, they did. It was a different time and since I've lived in both "then" and "now" I can say with everything in me that it was a much better time "then".
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

MAPearce wrote:

8 bucks for a high ??

I could get even get tipsy for that in 82....

I bet you can get zoned for half a day or more for 8 bucks now.
Anyone here know what meth costs now?
I'm asking.
I know it's pretty cheap.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bman wrote:
I'm asking.
I know it's pretty cheap.

Carfentynyl, man. One way trip. To the morgue. But hey...ya got super high. :up:
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

[qote="Bma"]
MAPearce wrote:

8 bucks for a high ??

I could get even get tipsy for that in 82....

I'm asking.
I know it's pretty cheap.[/quote]

this should help http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/do ... 1&type=pdf
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#211969

Police don't care.
This is where a ball bat treatment about the legs would be effective.
Hard enough to make the offender have to crawl back to his lair.

Stand up for yourselves or submit to people like this.
It's your choice.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This is happening all over the place and on a nightly basis. Something has to give.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I watched the video again and it is more than disturbing to read the time. If a front door is unlocked, that's not an invite to enter. If a car is unlocked, that also is not an invite to enter. People forget, think they've locked up and retire for the night. The elderly are especially vulnerable but there are the odd senior that can more than look after themselves. These lowlifes are on borrowed time - especially when a neighbourhood gets agitated about it.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Unfortunately, someone is going to clock one of these thieves and end up having to answer for it, criminally, civilly or both.
I hope come that time that person or person stands up for themselves and defends their position, even at the risk of losing their freedom.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'll take my chances with the courts myself.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

Guy looks Mexican
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If that's the case they are branching out.
dgb

Post by dgb »

We had a string of vehicle break ins a few years ago. Our car, parked on the driveway, was left unlocked, otherwise we might have had a window broken, like a few of our neighbours did. We found the passenger door open the next day. We kept nothing of value in the car. The first thing I did was swap out our visor-based garage door openers with key fob versions. Cheap insurance IMHO.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... at-Super-8

This loser deserved a bat across the head.
Bats have a faster tip speed and a greater reach than a knife.

This is likely another meth or crack head desperate for a hit of his drug of choice.

Return to “Central Okanagan”