Lapdog brutally attacked...

dle
Lord of the Board

Lapdog brutally attacked...

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215033

Off-leash untrained dog....no muzzle....*bleep* owner who takes zero responsibility and cowardly takes off....bad combination and poor little dog dead, sad fur parents with $700 bill and no doggie.... :swear:

Hope they got good enough descriptions and post that on Facebook and other social media and maybe somebody will see it and know who they are talking about and report him and the dog......somebody knows who he is with that type of big dog.....they'll get him.....

He shouldn't be able to get away with that....
edgar

Re: Lapdog brutally attacked...

Post by edgar »

I would say that by now if the guy with the dog hasn't come forward to at least offer to pay for the vet or even an apology he wont unless someone that knows him or hid dog turns him in the chances are not good he will keep the dog hid hoping not to get caught
andy miller

Post by andy miller »

Very sad, unnecessary and agree with the comment- " what loser simply takes off without offering an apology or any type of support"
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Another example of why dogs (any dog, regardless of breed) should be kept in a yard or ON-leash if out for a stroll.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

It's a most horrible story. I can't imagine how it would be if it were our dog that was attacked.
Someone in the area may know of the dog because chances are it lives nearby. Hopefully the owner is called to step up and assume responsibility for the actions of his dog.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

if she had a phone, should of taken a pixs of the guy and dog
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

the truth wrote:if she had a phone, should of taken a pixs of the guy and dog

Don’t know about you, but if my pet were being attacked like that in front of me, looking for my phone and taking pictures would be the last thing on my mind.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

It was a guy out with the little dog. Woman was interviewed for story.
In the stress of the moment the guy was busy trying to save their dog and then tend to its needs during the aftermath. Not everyone has a phone at the ready to snap pictures. (Next big thing will be head cams...)
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Piecemaker wrote:It's a most horrible story. I can't imagine how it would be if it were our dog that was attacked.
Someone in the area may know of the dog because chances are it lives nearby. Hopefully the owner is called to step up and assume responsibility for the actions of his dog.

Thought the same thing but then I also thought being Christmas it could be someone visiting from out of town.....hope they get the description of the guy and the dog and where it happened on social media like Facebook right away - somebody knows who it is....
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I agree all dogs should be on leash ( except at the off leash park and even then some of the Owners shouldn't be there with their dogs. )
Out of towner or not should man up and do the right thing
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

I wouldn't want the culprits Karma.

Very bad, or even worse luck heading his way in order to balance this wrong...
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

andy miller wrote:" what loser simply takes off without offering an apology or any type of support"

The absolute dregs of society. Scum.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

*bleep* is "Lapdog" doing in the title of the article on Castanet? I've owned this type of dog before and much like most smaller dogs, they can be the biggest *bleep****** in the neighborhood. Using a word like lapdog to endear them as a gentle and tender pet is very misleading.
Anyway, once again we are faced with a loser dog owner not being responsible. Guess what, we are always going to face this because our city and government fails to change the requirements for owning a dog. You don't need to become certified, take a course or even know what kind of dog you own, just take it home and everything will be fine right? City council doesn't care that people let their cats out to *bleep* in neighbors' gardens, kill birds and get into fights. Why would they care about who owns a dog? As long as the City of Kelowna is getting their dog license fee's from everybody it's all good.

Maybe if they actually held dog owners accountable for their pets we'd start seeing changes. Heavy fines, jail time and forfeiture of dog ownership rights sounds like a good start.

Nobody cares. Nobody that matters anyway.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Danielson99 wrote:*bleep* is "Lapdog" doing in the title of the article on Castanet? I've owned this type of dog before and much like most smaller dogs, they can be the biggest *bleep****** in the neighborhood. Using a word like lapdog to endear them as a gentle and tender pet is very misleading.
Anyway, once again we are faced with a loser dog owner not being responsible. Guess what, we are always going to face this because our city and government fails to change the requirements for owning a dog. You don't need to become certified, take a course or even know what kind of dog you own, just take it home and everything will be fine right? City council doesn't care that people let their cats out to *bleep* in neighbors' gardens, kill birds and get into fights. Why would they care about who owns a dog? As long as the City of Kelowna is getting their dog license fee's from everybody it's all good.

Maybe if they actually held dog owners accountable for their pets we'd start seeing changes. Heavy fines, jail time and forfeiture of dog ownership rights sounds like a good start.

Nobody cares. Nobody that matters anyway.

"Lapdog" just refers to its smaller size - not its temperment. This story has one dog on-leash, one off-leash. Owner unable to control his off-leash dog as it attacks on-leash dog. On-leash dog dead. No question as to who is at fault here. If, and that's a big if, the owner of the off-leash dog gets caught (very unlikely he will step up), then the off-leash dog will probably, but not certainly, be seized and put down.

I am a strong proponent of leashes AND muzzles for all dogs outside in public places. This opinion isn't always a popular one but the little dog wouldn't be dead from the bigger dog using his teeth and jaws to kill it now would he? Even with the bigger dog being off-leash he still couldn't have hurt the little dog if he was muzzled. Some people think I must be a dog-hater to even think of muzzling a dog - nope, love dogs, have had several fur brothers and sisters as part of my family. But even the most gentle of them have teeth and strong jaws and they can be unpredictable, any breed, any size. There is only one safe way for them to be in public and that is muzzling. Even an on-leash dog that is not muzzled can go after a person or another dog in the blink of an eye and take the owner by surprise before he/she can get it back under control. But that's all it takes - the blink of an eye - for a tragedy. Hence my position on muzzling. Sometimes it's not another dog that is maimed or killed, sometimes it's a little kid, or other person. They are loveable and beautiful and you'd probably give your life to save your dog, but they are dogs, and they have instincts that are bred into them and we can't always control what they might get up to.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^^

Just TOO much commonsense for one post. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Central Okanagan”