Flood Review

Frisk
Guru

Flood Review

Post by Frisk »

Has anything changed from last year to prevent the lake flood from happening again? Seeing all the snow makes you wonder what kind of run-off we'll see in the spring.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Flood Review

Post by Jflem1983 »

Been talking about this for days already .

Mayor better not try to blame global warming again
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Anyone know what the snowpack up top is and what percentage it is of normal for the time?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Glace will know.
Glace knows all this stuff.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Frisk wrote:Has anything changed from last year to prevent the lake flood from happening again? Seeing all the snow makes you wonder what kind of run-off we'll see in the spring.

I don't see what they could realistically do. Move every building in the city that's in a flood zone? Build a 10 foot high wall around the entire lake?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

The guy that controls the water flow will probably over compensate and drain too much.

How does a floating bridge work without water?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Frisk wrote:Has anything changed from last year to prevent the lake flood from happening again? Seeing all the snow makes you wonder what kind of run-off we'll see in the spring.

JLives wrote:I don't see what they could realistically do. Move every building in the city that's in a flood zone? Build a 10 foot high wall around the entire lake?

Right from Trumps play book.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

JLives wrote:

I don't see what they could realistically do. Move every building in the city that's in a flood zone? Build a 10 foot high wall around the entire lake?

heres a thought drain the water ahead of time seemed to work every other year :200:
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

JLives wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of increased monitoring of snow pack levels to get a better understanding of how much should be drained out the penticton channel prior to the snow melting.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bman wrote:Anyone know what the snowpack up top is and what percentage it is of normal for the time?

It's none of your dam[m] business what the levels are at....

But just because I like you, I will tell you. Snow pack is about normal at Brenda Mines: http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca/data/asp/rea ... 2F18P.html

You can view other stations here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/envi ... ation-data
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Here's the one for Mission Creek.
Capture.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If I owned a house along the lake, l'd look into putting it on stilts. Maybe 30cm over highest level of the lake.
Oh yeah it would not have a basement
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Here is the one from Greyback.
Capture.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

as long as there isn't an incompetent boob at the controls you shouldn't have to worry
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

LTD wrote:as long as there isn't an incompetent boob at the controls you shouldn't have to worry

That incompetent boob as you so eloquently put it does not make the decisions by himself.
He is just the one caught in the limelight if and when things go wrong.
Yet years of doing right. Not noticed or appreciated.

I too fear that over-compensation will happen and we will end up with record low levels
and nothing but loon crap beaches and non usable boat launches.

My mind says, stick to science and carry on as usual,
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Flood Watch 2018”