Fiery fracas over firing

User avatar
lightspeed
Guru
Posts: 7037
Joined: Jan 13th, 2016, 9:58 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by lightspeed »

"In fact, the majority of the department’s firefighters supported Klonteig in his ordeal, noted the judge."

Right there, everything that is wrong with this picture.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 72884
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Fancy »

You've made assumptions that haven't been supported. People support others they care about - nothing wrong with that picture.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
motokelowna1
Übergod
Posts: 1932
Joined: Jun 1st, 2012, 8:18 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by motokelowna1 »

If I ever get pulled over for DUI I will expect 42K from whoever made me drink.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 72884
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Fancy »

motokelowna1 wrote:If I ever get pulled over for DUI I will expect 42K from whoever made me drink.

That makes zero sense.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
W105
Guru
Posts: 7844
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 8:46 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by W105 »

well I'll admit I'm rather surprised he "kind of" won his case...5 mths severance (and he has to pay back $8,000 in EI benefits) and his court costs BUT 5 yrs of his life wasted fighting this and the loss of a very good job...

he's one of many who learned the hard way why drinking and driving is the dumbest thing a person can do..
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 72884
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Fancy »

"I note that Mr. Klonteig was not the public face of the fire department. That role fell to Chief (Wayne) Schnitzler. Mr. Klonteig’s role was more administrative. ".

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#217507
I am not surprised at the verdict considering what was released at the onset.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
lightspeed
Guru
Posts: 7037
Joined: Jan 13th, 2016, 9:58 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by lightspeed »

Fancy wrote:You've made assumptions that haven't been supported. People support others they care about - nothing wrong with that picture.


I don't support drink drivers. I don't condone drunk driving.

If these "professionals" had countered that they disapprove of his actions and that his drunk driving had put the public at risk (yes the very same people who fund their well paying jobs) then he might not have got such a large settlement. A settlement that the taxpayer has to fund, and funds that could have gone towards vital new equipment or personnel.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 72884
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Fancy »

lightspeed wrote:I don't support drink drivers. I don't condone drunk driving.

If these "professionals" had countered that they disapprove of his actions and that his drunk driving had put the public at risk (yes the very same people who fund their well paying jobs) then he might not have got such a large settlement. A settlement that the taxpayer has to fund, and funds that could have gone towards vital new equipment or personnel.

No one is supporting his decision that night. It's not a settlement. He was entitled to the five months salary provided for in his employment contract.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 55344
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Bsuds »

motokelowna1 wrote:If I ever get pulled over for DUI I will expect 42K from whoever made me drink.
Fancy wrote:That makes zero sense.


Drunk posting is not a good idea either. :D
I haven't spoken to my Wife in 18 months...I hate to interrupt her!
User avatar
lightspeed
Guru
Posts: 7037
Joined: Jan 13th, 2016, 9:58 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by lightspeed »

Fancy wrote:
lightspeed wrote:I don't support drink drivers. I don't condone drunk driving.

If these "professionals" had countered that they disapprove of his actions and that his drunk driving had put the public at risk (yes the very same people who fund their well paying jobs) then he might not have got such a large settlement. A settlement that the taxpayer has to fund, and funds that could have gone towards vital new equipment or personnel.

No one is supporting his decision that night.


"In fact, the majority of the department’s firefighters supported Klonteig in his ordeal, noted the judge."
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 55344
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Bsuds »

lightspeed wrote:
"In fact, the majority of the department’s firefighters supported Klonteig in his ordeal, noted the judge."


They may have supported him in his "ordeal" but I suspect not in his decision to drink and drive.
I haven't spoken to my Wife in 18 months...I hate to interrupt her!
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 72884
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Fancy »

lightspeed wrote:"In fact, the majority of the department’s firefighters supported Klonteig in his ordeal, noted the judge."

As did Chief Wayne Schnitzler and human resources manager Patty Tracy. Don't pretend that statement had anything to do with that night. Klonteig was a valued member.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Mastercraft69
Fledgling
Posts: 110
Joined: May 8th, 2005, 8:50 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Mastercraft69 »

While I don't support his decision to drink and drive one bit i'm not surprised of the court ruling. The case was handled very poorly right from the beginning. The CAO at the time completely dropped the ball all do to his ego when he was at the municipality. Funny thing he then left to be the CAO in Victoria where he was terminated.... Wonder what wonder boy Jason got for a settlement and the reason he was let go. Hopefully the Assistant chief has learned a valuable lesson and can move on with his life now and use this as an example to others as bad decisions made.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister
Posts: 637
Joined: May 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by two_shoes1mit »

And folks, that's our tax dollars at work.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 72884
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Fancy »

two_shoes1mit wrote:And folks, that's our tax dollars at work.

He has the same rights as anyone else.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”