33%
Robert Stupka (GP)
18%

Total votes: 73

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Post by flamingfingers »

It's in West Kelowna's best interests to elect a candidate who has a voice in the present government and an opportunity to serve in a cabinet position over the next 3+ years.

Voting to put another person in Opposition is a non-starter.

A Green MLA would also be an asset considering the present government's alliance.
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

In my entire voting history I've never voted based on the party or its leader.
I've always voted on the candidates in my area, I've listen to each candidate & make my choice on what I hear.
Out of that I decide who I believe will be best for my area.

This is my way of choosing an MLA or MP

Added: this by-election my or my not be my riding
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Kristo

Post by Kristo »

Last liberal candidate I voted for in West Kelowna quit, it will be a cold day in hell when the liberals get my vote again.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Kristo wrote:Last liberal candidate I voted for in West Kelowna quit, it will be a cold day in hell when the liberals get my vote again.

That does describe the last two Liberals to run here and surprise surprise, one of them is running again.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I hope you all know that delaying this by election to the last possible moment is a ploy by the liars in charge to ply you all with the trinkets he has done so far just so you'd vote for his party......

Even MJ knows that ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

MAPearce wrote:I hope you all know that delaying this by election to the last possible moment is a ploy by the liars in charge to ply you all with trinkets so you'd vote for his party......

Even MJ knows that ..

You do know that this kind of delay is the norm in situations like this?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

How much interest do the residents of west Kelowna have in this by-election? There doesn't appear to be a lot of speaking up. Will that translate again to a pathetic voter turnout?
Chill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

flamingfingers wrote:How much interest do the residents of west Kelowna have in this by-election? There doesn't appear to be a lot of speaking up. Will that translate again to a pathetic voter turnout?

When is there going to be an all candidates townhall.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Call up the Lib/NDP/Green campaign office and ask them.
Chill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

flamingfingers wrote:^^Call up the Lib/NDP/Green campaign office and ask them.

They are seeking my vote, I'm not seeking there vote.
playhard2010

Post by playhard2010 »

Personally with the pathetic voter turnout here there should be a law that you are fined for not voting in provincial and federal elections. If more public was engaged in chosing our elected officials there could be much more input from said public in regards to what the people want. I know people who don't VOTE and then do nothing but complain when an elected official makes a decision or move..... It is our democratic right to vote, not a privilege to choose not to. I hope everyone casts their votes always no matter which party or candidate you choose.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

playhard2010 wrote:Personally with the pathetic voter turnout here there should be a law that you are fined for not voting in provincial and federal elections. If more public was engaged in chosing our elected officials there could be much more input from said public in regards to what the people want. I know people who don't VOTE and then do nothing but complain when an elected official makes a decision or move..... It is our democratic right to vote, not a privilege to choose not to. I hope everyone casts their votes always no matter which party or candidate you choose.

Anyone that doesn't vote and starts to complain needs to be shut down immediately - didn't vote, don't want to hear it. I think it would be a waste of time to change the law to allow fines. Given the history of the voting, some probably don't bother to vote because they know who'll get in (that has backfired before).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelowna_West

I am puzzled as to the population statistics - it's stated 32,655 in the 2016 census. It's hard to imagine such an increase in registered voters.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

playhard2010 wrote:Personally with the pathetic voter turnout here there should be a law that you are fined for not voting in provincial and federal elections. If more public was engaged in chosing our elected officials there could be much more input from said public in regards to what the people want. I know people who don't VOTE and then do nothing but complain when an elected official makes a decision or move..... It is our democratic right to vote, not a privilege to choose not to. I hope everyone casts their votes always no matter which party or candidate you choose.

Gee and I thought we lived in a democracy.

If a person abstains from voting then maybe that is them voicing there distain for the options.

13 countries have enforced mandatory voting, 17 do not enforce it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

TreeGuy wrote:If a person abstains from voting then maybe that is them voicing there distain for the options.

I think too many are just too lazy to get off their collective butts and vote.

That's probably a good thing because they are also too lazy to learn about the issues and vote intelligently.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

TreeGuy wrote:If a person abstains from voting then maybe that is them voicing there distain for the options.

Bsuds wrote:I think too many are just too lazy to get off their collective butts and vote.

That's probably a good thing because they are also too lazy to learn about the issues and vote intelligently.

A very good point!

Return to “Central Okanagan”