Daily poll

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Daily poll

Post by dirtybiker »

Tony wrote: I've known a couple of people who have used pot so much it's ruined their marriage, their jobs/careers, and have left them penniless -

I doubt it was the pot.
Many people just ruin(your word) many things in their lives.

It's them. Not the pot., it may be a contributor, but not the
underlying reasons why some people just turn everything around
them into rust.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
erice02o

Post by erice02o »

Last edited by erice02o on Mar 26th, 2018, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

voice of reason wrote:what do you think your pharmacist knows about marijuana?

More than a local drug dealer, but they would have to learn about it, all the good and bad, the ups and downs, the interactions with other drugs, the side effect and a myriad of other things, which is why that's where marijuana needs to be distributed. They are professionals who will take the time to learn about the item they are selling.... unlike the people who are selling it now, who have zero medical background and don't really give a crap if you have a prescription for it. As long as they make the sale, they're happy.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

dirtybiker wrote:
Tony wrote: I've known a couple of people who have used pot so much it's ruined their marriage, their jobs/careers, and have left them penniless -

I doubt it was the pot.
Many people just ruin(your word) many things in their lives.

It's them. Not the pot., it may be a contributor, but not the
underlying reasons why some people just turn everything around
them into rust.

I will agree with that wholeheartedly, but I can promise you that the pot played a part in their downfall. It's the same as an alcoholic, it's not the alcohol's faulty, but it's definitely a contributing factor. Maybe if these guys had had a clear mind, and an unclouded judgement, they wouldn't have made the decisions that led them down the rabbit hole, whether it's booze or pot. I can guarantee they would have had a difference outlook. I came close to chasing that rabbit too, but realized that I could change my course. Stopping pot and limiting booze made a huge difference.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

The mixed effects it could have on any other prescriptions that you may be taking concurrently with it or may have taken in the past. Personally i'd trust a professional that went through 8 years of University before I trusted the guy on the corner trying to make a quick buck.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imo nothing,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What does a pharmacist know about Cannabinol and Cannabinoids? Way more than anyone that is a recreational smoker just looking to get high.

Cannabis contains a number of Cannabinoids, of which the most abundant are THC (D9-tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD (cannabidiol) and CBN (cannabinol). The active ingredient, which gets you high, is THC. In the plant, CBD is a precursor and CBN a metabolite of THC. As cannabis gets older, THC gradually breaks down to CBN.

THC is the substance found to have most psychoactive effect, and also the most effect on symptoms such as pain or bronchospasm. CBN and CBD are not psychoactive themselves, however CBD can take the edge off a THC high, tending to relax the user rather than increasing anxiety and paranoia. CBD has also been found to have anticonvulsant properties (potential value in treating epilepsy, MS, muscle spasms etc), and recently published research has indicated CBD to be effective in reducing neurotoxic brain damage following strokes or head trauma. The proposed mechanism of action also suggests CBD may offer some protection against ecstasy-derived neurotoxicity (long-term depletion of serotonergic receptors), although this has not specifically been investigated. CBD is normally present in significant quantities in hashish (cannabis resin), although in most herbal cannabis or "skunk" the levels of CBD are usually low or absent.

Although smoked cannabis offers some advantages over oral preparations (rapid onset of action, ability to control dose), the smoke contains carcinogens, tars and other lung irritants which may cause respiratory diseases and lung cancer. The lack of an effective filter in "roaches" and the deep inhalation techniques used by cannabis smokers increases this risk. However the study of smoke composition quoted by the BMA and others referred to poor quality herbal cannabis smoked "neat", and the relevance of these results to tobacco/hash spliffs or high-THC varieties is questionable. At least one pharmaceutical company is developing alternative quick-acting delivery systems for plant-derived cannabinoid combinations, avoiding the need for smoking.

Big pharmacy is looking out for the pot smokers too.
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

do they currently study mj when becoming pharmacists ???/ imo i do not think so
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

I saw a guy ruin his life once by donuts. He ruined his marriage and lost his job and all he had left was a dozen mixed donuts from Timmies.

Nice logic. You knew someone who smoked pot and it ruined his marriage and life. It's time to open your mind up a bit.

Marijuana is currently helping millions of people alleviate various symptoms from illnesses and actually helps cure others. People can use it without the worry of damage like that of what most doctor prescribed drugs give us. One day it will be studied and experimented with to the point of really unlocking it's potential as a healing property. Unfortunately that will take many years to come to fruition.

Until then, I'm ok with people using it whether it's prescribed or not. I've seen and felt the benefits, whether that's recreationally or for medical reasons. I hope one day they can use MJ to cure all kinds of diseases and I'm sure they will. When that day comes I am ok with the government using those new types of MJ cures only through legal means and sold only through our pharmacies at doctor prescribed levels.

IMO, we have little need to strictly regulate the use of MJ right now because it will take years for doctors and the medical field to get the science down. Let the Ma and Pa shops still operate, allow it to be used recreationally and stop tying up our court system with needless MJ related offences.

One last thing. There are very professional people in the industry right now. Not all dispensaries are just some stoners looking to make a few bucks. There are educated people who legitimately want to help people in need and they know more about the effects of MJ than our Government and doctors do right now that's for sure. The majority of doctors know diddley squat about MJ and it's effects....they're still stuck on "REEFER MADNESS" mentality and since it will be years before they will be given scientific evidence enough to justify them prescribing it, there is little point throwing this entire industry into their hands.
mnprochnau
Banned

Post by mnprochnau »

well obviously the point I was trying to make eludes you all. The question of the poll is biased. Any comments on that?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

big pharma and there drug pushers will f this all up https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#227182

Return to “Central Okanagan”