Legalized cannabis

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Legalized cannabis

Post by the truth »

miss_sterious wrote:I’m not even slightly concerned about a naturally occurring plant wrapped in biodegradable paper finding its way into the eco system. However, if an impaired driver harms any of my kids, I will scorch the earth!

x2 :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

These illegal pot shops need to be closed down. At least the wrong ones. When weed becomes legal, local governments have to be able to give the licenses to the "correct" people. You know, the ones with connections. There's gonna be a tonne of money generated from this and we can't have free-enterprisers springing up here and there. It's gotta be controlled so the right people profit. A few can stay open until July. But they have to be the right ones.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Jlabute wrote:Another drawback is the stench. In cities where M has been legal for a few years, the number of complaints is growing. M is altering the scentscape and the stink is everywhere.

I had one fellow hop on my bus a few weeks ago, stinking like weed and trying to sit at the front.
I had to send him right to the back, and even then still felt sick half the day.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

miss_sterious wrote:I’m not even slightly concerned about a naturally occurring plant wrapped in biodegradable paper finding its way into the eco system. However, if an impaired driver harms any of my kids, I will scorch the earth!

You should be more concerned about booze and people talking on their cell phones while driving, those impair more then pot.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

bob vernon wrote:These illegal pot shops need to be closed down. At least the wrong ones. When weed becomes legal, local governments have to be able to give the licenses to the "correct" people. You know, the ones with connections. There's gonna be a tonne of money generated from this and we can't have free-enterprisers springing up here and there. It's gotta be controlled so the right people profit. A few can stay open until July. But they have to be the right ones.

No pot shops shouldn't close down because they help reduce the Opiate Crisis and they save lives, you are just repeating 93 years of reefer madness propaganda. It's pathetic, did you watch to many Just Say No commercials in the 80's or something?
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

stuphoto wrote:
Jlabute wrote:Another drawback is the stench. In cities where M has been legal for a few years, the number of complaints is growing. M is altering the scentscape and the stink is everywhere.

I had one fellow hop on my bus a few weeks ago, stinking like weed and trying to sit at the front.
I had to send him right to the back, and even then still felt sick half the day.

Good Reefer madness post, way to go to blame it on the weed rather then the individual.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

There’s a perfume some people wear that to me smells like bread mold. Unmistakingly so. Perhaps it’s a genetic thing, my perception of the odour, as I can’t imagine why anyone would want to smell like a loaf of bread forgotten in a warm humid cupboard to be discovered upon returning from vacation.

I smell these people and I want to gag. Perhaps you have a similar genetic disposition towards the smell of marijuana if it makes you sick. Unfortunately though, this is a “you” problem. And you will need to accept it as I have that some people smell like they are festering with fungus.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

stuphoto wrote:I had one fellow hop on my bus a few weeks ago, stinking like weed and trying to sit at the front.

The lingering smell of marijuana on clothes does not make you high. If you felt sick half the day because you caught a faint whiff of MJ on a passerby, you have some other issues to deal with.

The main problem I see with legalization and the closing down of local shops is that the people behind the scenes who are trying to taking control of the growing and distribution of legal weed are many times ex-police or politicians. Shops are getting closed down because in order for these insiders to get their businesses up and running, they need the legitimate shops that are helping people now to be closed. There are hundreds of millions of dollars at stake and they are going to do whatever it takes to eliminate any competition. It's happening as we speak. The people getting rich off the legalization of MJ will be the same cops, judges, lawyers and politicians who were campaigning against it all these years before talk of legalization.

I can tell you one thing. The price of government sold MJ is going to leave a massive black market for medical and recreational users. The majority of people who use MJ now, legally or not, will continue to get it from the sources they have now. They will not buy legal MJ and I understand why many won't. It's not just about the price, it's also about how the government is shutting down the ma n' pa shops who sell it now. Hundreds of people who have spent years/decades helping people cope with chronic illness are being tossed aside so cops and politicians can corner the market and get rich. There's also the hypocrisy of a cop who one day was asking a judge to throw the book and give maximum sentences to MJ users in court but now he is selling MJ himself..go figure. Anyway....there's plenty of articles online that show the trend of what's happening.
Last edited by Danielson99 on Jan 29th, 2018, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

capleton wrote:
bob vernon wrote:These illegal pot shops need to be closed down. At least the wrong ones. When weed becomes legal, local governments have to be able to give the licenses to the "correct" people. You know, the ones with connections. There's gonna be a tonne of money generated from this and we can't have free-enterprisers springing up here and there. It's gotta be controlled so the right people profit. A few can stay open until July. But they have to be the right ones.

No pot shops shouldn't close down because they help reduce the Opiate Crisis and they save lives, you are just repeating 93 years of reefer madness propaganda. It's pathetic, did you watch to many Just Say No commercials in the 80's or something?

Pretty sure that bob vernon was being sarcastic
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/shopper ... -1.3820131 its pretty clear the lib govt and big pharma are in bed with each other on this issue , safe bet they will over charge and most will go by it off friends at a much lower price
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”