East Indians need not apply

Nedroj
Übergod

Re: East Indians need not apply

Post by Nedroj »

the truth wrote:
Hmmm wrote:^^^ wow. You really believe you can legally discriminate? The answer is you cannot. I have three decades of business experience and I can say without a doubt you cannot discriminate based on age, sex, religion or gender. Period. But go on and believe what you wish. Maybe you have 4 decades of business experience to my 3 so you probably know better.

fyi, people legally discriminate every day all day 24/7,when it comes to jobs, not sure were you have lived all your life but it goes one,--ALL-- THE TIME -- its not because the law says you can not discriminate that business owners do not when they hire people,
if i owned a business, and was hiring people for the position , i would hire who i want to that is best suited for the job, not what the govt is telling me to do
if i want to hire a woman i will hire a woman
if i want to hire a man i will hire a man

Similar where I work as well. A potential candidate even though fully qualified may not get chosen if we the managers feel they would not be a good fit with our companies culture. Nothing to do with, gender, race or religious beliefs as we all come from different backgrounds. It has everything to do with how you fit in with the current employees on a day to day basis. We are a very relaxed office environment, we like to joke around (tasteful and respectful) we like to have fun while we work and maintain a positive work atmosphere and fire anyone that continually brings a negative attitude or presents unwarranted complications to our daily tasks. For example a typical leftist "SJW" type and a racist would be equally disqualified.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

lensbaby wrote:The CHRI is a statute passed by the Parliament of Canada in 1977 with the express goal of extending the law to ensure equal opportunity to individuals who may be victims of discriminatory practices based on a set of prohibited grounds such as sex, sexual orientation, race, marital status, gender identity or expression, ...
Canadian Human Rights Act - Wikipedia

What???? I've just been told that there is no such thing as race. Apparently it's just a concept. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77158
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

the truth wrote:

fyi, people legally discriminate every day all
day 24/7,when it comes to jobs, not sure were you have lived all your life but it goes one,--ALL-- THE TIME -- its not because the law says you can not discriminate that business owners do not when they hire people,
if i owned a business, and was hiring people for the position , i would hire who i want to that is best suited for the job, not what the govt is telling me to do
like I said, over 3 decades of running businesses. I know very well how it works. Of course you don’t just anybody who applies and I also know many, many businesses discriminate. Wrong or right it happens. I also said that many here are racist and predudice.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Hmmm wrote:
the truth wrote:

fyi, people legally discriminate every day all
day 24/7,when it comes to jobs, not sure were you have lived all your life but it goes one,--ALL-- THE TIME -- its not because the law says you can not discriminate that business owners do not when they hire people,
like I said, over 3 decades of running businesses. I know very well how it works. Of course you don’t just anybody who applies and I also know many, many businesses discriminate. Wrong or right it happens. I also said that many here are racist and predudice.

^^^^ See above
sillykitty

Post by sillykitty »

Dizzy1 wrote:
sillykitty wrote:OK so everyone is saying you can't discriminate on a whole host of reasons. (See all above posts) But then how do places in Kelowna get away with ageism?? For example some places you have to be 55 plus. others 60 plus. Maybe it does't apply to rentals, but try as a young person, go to an "Open House" at one of these places in Kelowna that have a minimum age requirement and see how you are treated.

Because thats legal ...

There are some situations where age distinctions are allowed such as:
• A landlord can restrict rentals to people 55 and older in an all seniors building.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/law-c ... nation.pdf

Thanks for the link Dizzy 1. Two paragraphs I find interesting. And I quote:
Para one:

“A landlord can restrict rentals to people 55 and older in an all seniors building.“

So, If the government says it is legal, then it must be ok. I I suppose then it was ok to restrict people in an all white building in South Africa during the apartheid days? Im sure the government had laws on it making it legal. Or housing segregation in America? Blockbusting comes to mind. I wonder if a Palestinian has a hard time renting a place in Israel?

But I think Para two is the one that I find the most ironic. 

“A landlord has the right to refuse to rent for any reason if the renter will be sharing a kitchen or bathroom with the landlord. “

So in the case of the landlord, if he was sharing kitchen and bathroom, he could discriminate against anyone he wanted. Be it smelly cooking or just straight up not liking East Indians.

Thanks again for the link Dizzy 1 and thank you Government of BC for your interesting laws!
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I was very busy so didn't catch the whole story on Global news tonite, but some famous University in Eastern Canada is looking for help.

The qualifier is that no whites need apply.

Is this reverse discrimination or what?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dalhousie-university-recruitment-management-racially-visible-indigenous-1.4531723

“Dalhousie University is restricting its search for a new senior position to racially visible and Indigenous candidates in an effort to make the institution more diverse.”

What if I, as a white guy, identify as Indigenous?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so what they are really saying, is they will not hire the best person for the job,because they will not interview every one that should have the right to apply for the job how is this not racist

can you leftwingers explain this on to me please thank you
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

^^^ The only response you will get is "there is no such thing as reverse racism". According to some, one must be limited by society and have hatred expressed against their race (race is also argued as a made up human trait by some) to qualify for racism. To the, white people therefore are incapable of being victims of racism.

My opinion, this is very wrong and will only continue to get worse until whites are a minority in Canada and there will be no turning back.

Reminds me of when I was a child and my sister took dance lessons. There were many black only dance studios in Vancouver and even as a child I would wonder what would happen if an all white studio opened up.
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

Sparki55 wrote:^^^ The only response you will get is "there is no such thing as reverse racism". According to some, one must be limited by society and have hatred expressed against their race (race is also argued as a made up human trait by some) to qualify for racism. To the, white people therefore are incapable of being victims of racism.

My opinion, this is very wrong and will only continue to get worse until whites are a minority in Canada and there will be no turning back.

Reminds me of when I was a child and my sister took dance lessons. There were many black only dance studios in Vancouver and even as a child I would wonder what would happen if an all white studio opened up.

Can you please identify or provide some proof of these "black only" dance studios? There is no evidence that such places existed in Vancouver.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

whats wrong with the smell of curry? I love that stuff
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

capleton wrote:whats wrong with the smell of curry? I love that stuff

I agree. Love Curry (and I'm not East Indian). Ever walk into someone's home who had just been cooking something like Halibut? Now there's a strong smell that lingers. Guess we better ban anyone who is a fisherman then...lol.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

capleton wrote:whats wrong with the smell of curry? I love that stuff

A tub full of Curry washed down with a boatload of East Indian pastries/desserts. Heaven
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Sounds exactly like an ad I would put up if looking for a renter.....
Also no Single moms.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

the truth wrote:so what they are really saying, is they will not hire the best person for the job,because they will not interview every one that should have the right to apply for the job how is this not racist

can you leftwingers explain this on to me please thank you

There’s a double standard... get over it. You guys want political correctness out the window, so criticize these people for their decision. They’re not immune to criticism and knew they’d be getting backlash for it. Just because you’re afraid to really say what’s on your mind for fear of getting criticized doesn’t mean everyone is.

You feel you need to be PC because you think for some reason you should be immune from criticism. You’re afraid to speak your mind even though we can get a pretty good idea what you think based on your posting history, even if you don’t come right out and say it. At least these folks aren’t hiding their agenda.

Return to “Central Okanagan”