Rental Housing in Kelowna

Brerrabbit18
Fledgling

Re: Rental Housing in Kelowna

Post by Brerrabbit18 »

Old Techie wrote:They don't come in droves anymore, because thanks to the digital age, it's virtually impossible to extract money from government when you aren't entitled to it. I'm thinking that's a good thing.

It would also be very informative, to see some figures as to how often police are called, to deal with an issue involving TFW's, as opposed to those French kids you were referring to, many of whom came to party their butts off all summer, and got into plenty of mischief.

Been reading your constant posting for awhile now. Seems you have alot of "generic" opinions backed up by zero facts.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Evidently there are enough people that can afford renting in Kelowna judging by the incredibly low vacancy rate. I keep hearing that people can't afford to live here, yet damn near every available unit in the city is filled even with the city's rental rates being as high as they are. People are finding a way to make it work.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Old Techie wrote:They don't come in droves anymore, because thanks to the digital age, it's virtually impossible to extract money from government when you aren't entitled to it. I'm thinking that's a good thing.

It would also be very informative, to see some figures as to how often police are called, to deal with an issue involving TFW's, as opposed to those French kids you were referring to, many of whom came to party their butts off all summer, and got into plenty of mischief.

Brerrabbit18 wrote:Been reading your constant posting for awhile now. Seems you have alot of "generic" opinions backed up by zero facts.

What facts do you have to offer to support your opinion?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urban Cowboy wrote:They don't come in droves anymore, because thanks to the digital age, it's virtually impossible to extract money from government when you aren't entitled to it. I'm thinking that's a good thing.

Brerrabbit18 wrote:Been reading your constant posting for awhile now. Seems you have alot of "generic" opinions backed up by zero facts.

That's the thing about a forum it's people's opinions. Reading posts from members blaming all TFW's for their problems, isn't opinion backed up by zero facts?

The thing about what I just said though, is I lived through that era, even partied with some of those people, who around the camp fire would brag about how they got money in Winnipeg, Regina, and Calgary, on the way out from Quebec, so I believe what I said was based on facts. You can believe whatever you like.

Jonrox makes an excellent point, in that for all the complaining about living costs here, the rental vacancy rate shows quite well how people are in fact managing. It's never been easy to get housing here from my experiences, and that goes back to 1988. It took me over a year to find housing for a family of five back then.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Central Okanagan”