Glenmore landfill

Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Glenmore landfill

Post by Jflem1983 »

OFTF guy here. Already all sorts of dump sites. City is only interested in making money. Its a hard proposition to volunteers. Cleaning up same dump sites over and over again.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

OFTF? What is does that stand for Jflem?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Okanagan Forest Task Force. Its my baby
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Queen K wrote:It prolly costs $1.50 just to collect the $5.00 per vehicle.

The point is we already pay for services such as the dump, so it's actually less about the money than it is their constantly having their hands out, and even more so when all the demands they make of us, generate them money also.

What do they have to do with the recyclables besides drop them off somewhere and collect money?

Also their practices cause problems, such as has been mentioned, like prompting some to dump things where they shouldn't.

Personally I've also noted, that they don't even make an effort to reuse some perfectly fine products, like the time I took a full loaded trailer down there for a friend who was moving, and it was all perfectly good lumber, that he even removed all the nails from. From 2x4's to 2x6's, cedar boards, plywood, etc., all in excellent shape, even sorted, yet they had me toss it all in a dumpster.

Somehow I'm of the mind that they could have stored it somewhere along with similar stuff, and make it available to people who could use it.

I come away with the feeling, that the only time these twits care about being green, or recycling, is if it means instant cash, with zero work involved for themselves.

Maybe if the place operated a bit more like a dump, then people wouldn't be dumping crap in the surrounding forests.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Queen K wrote:OFTF? What is does that stand for Jflem?

Okanagan Forest Task Force

http://okanaganforesttaskforce.com/
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

5 bucks from each of 10 thousand peeps twice a year is 100k. Everyone has their hands out.
It's pathetic.
Shame on them, and shame on every level of govt for their squandering and deceit.
And shame on the people for taking it on the chin by allowing it to creep up, bit by bit, cent by cent, day by day without acknowledging the stifling.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Welcome to B.C. = the BRING CASH province..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Composting your own yard waste would be cheaper than paying a measly 5 bucks ... But people cant complain about that , can they ? And think of all the work ???
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

The 5 bucks are just the minimum charge and it is $40. a ton from there.Years ago you could go to the city dump and drop off for free and if you saw something useful laying there that someone else discarded you could take it.I found many useful things, but now you are not allowed to take anything back out.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I giggle when I hear old people complain about the sense of entitlement young people have.

Then they turn around and complain that dumping should be free, and you should be allowed to take whatever you want.

Who is entitled?

LOL
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

MAPearce wrote:Composting your own yard waste would be cheaper than paying a measly 5 bucks ... But people cant complain about that , can they ? And think of all the work ???

Yes, but I compost lots of materials and still fill green bins to he brim, and sometimes have to borrow space from the neighbours.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

being allowed to take VERY good stuff that people throw away at the dump, was a positive and it's called recycling..one man's junk is another man's treasure..

and yes, the cost is much too high, hence people dumping their trash in the forests...most certainly can't see the haha in that..

as for people composting their stuff on their own property...great idea in theory but they attract rats if not done properly..
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

With the larger development shot down, Wasylyk said her company with Plan B, 17 10-acre lots, which she said will make millionaires very happy.

Don't let the millionaires win! lol what crack pipe is she smoking from?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:Yes, but I compost lots of materials and still fill green bins to he brim, and sometimes have to borrow space from the neighbours.

You can get a bigger bin for $6 per year. I got one and it's worth every penny! Well every nickle cause no more pennies.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

MAPearce wrote:Composting your own yard waste would be cheaper than paying a measly 5 bucks ... But people cant complain about that , can they ? And think of all the work ???

I compost only kitchen waste in one of my 3 plastic composters. Tree limbs, brush and weeds go to the landfill where they grind it up and compost it at high temperature until it is bacterially spent. Very few homeowners can achieve the heating that can be created at the landfill so weed seeds and pathogens are not destroyed in your feeble home compost.
We are now paying more to drop off plant waste because buddy can't be bothered putting it in the right pile or to remove the garbage from it.
I will continue to buy "Glenmore Grow" from the landfill because it does not contain septic waste and is a local product from local gardens. I deposit tons of yard waste every year and return home with a premium product in my trailer for a deal that cannot be beat.
Waste not

Return to “Central Okanagan”