Weird trend I've noticed

BGrigg07

Re: Weird trend I've noticed

Post by BGrigg07 »

Frisk wrote:It's probably because the snow recently melted & uncovered a winter-long build up of this happening but like why do some people pick up their dog poop in a plastic bag only to toss the bag to the side of the trail or sidewalk instead of putting it in the garbage? Just seems so ironic.

You spelled "idiotic" wrong!
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

My last hourly wage gig—not that long ago—was as a Municipal Parks and Rec power-mower operator.

The first job before cutting the grass was to patrol the area and pick up the litter and ‘ds.’

Previously bagged or un-bagged, we still had to use a grabber to collect each doggie ‘tip.’

And you, the ‘good people’ were stuck with helping to pay the bill.

Sorry, but ‘splats’ aimed at any of the dog owners present would’ve had to’ve been indiscriminately directed.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Trolls: Baiting ignored.

The people that fail to pick up poop, or do use a bag and just toss the bag are very important people. They are the one's that are so important they can take 25 items through a 12 item check out, butt in line at the theater, drive with their cell in one hand and coffee in the other while doing 30K over the limit, yadd yadda... You know them. Keep in mind that for people like them, Hell is only half full.

The only way to try to coerce them in to being a good community citizen is to embarrass them into it. There are enough cells and security cameras around that we can do this. Video them, post them. Shame them (and to Hades with what the courts of Facebook have to say about shaming). Simple.

[SIDEBAR]
I posted one sign on the lane near my place, commonly called Poo Lane. It read "DOGS! Please pick up after your animals". And in a week, no more more poop. The poo-brains got the message. Someone tore the sign down, after tearing it in to pieces which suggested to the poo-heads that it was OK again to just leave poop everywhere. I replaced the sign with a camera. There is still the odd 'Special Local Odd B------ (AKA child of unwed parents)' (S.L.O.B.) that feels they have the right to own a dog and not be responsible members of the community, but for the most part, I'm not picking up the 10 - 12 litre bucket-fulls of poop a week any more.
Once the City agent informed me that I was "not a professional" and that the lane-way is "our property" (meaning the city property) and it's "our [city] ROW (Right Of Way) I am now forced to leave the poo where it falls and let nature clean it up.
If however, anyone decides to clean it up, you need to sign a waver, wear safety vests, use only approved tools and measure of picking it up and contact the city to arrange for bulk pickup. Isn't progress wonderful?
[/SIDEBAR]

I congratulate those that do pick up after their dogs and do not include them in the SLOP range. It is the very few that give most dog owners a bad name and that's not fair to the good neighbours in any community.
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.

Return to “Central Okanagan”