Sportsman Show is back

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Sportsman Show is back

Post by Queen K »

I'm going again next year. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Queen K wrote:I'm going again next year. :up:

Us too haha
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

2018 Bow Weekend

Becoming an outdoors Woman

Outdoor instructional for Women

BC Wildlife Federation

1-888-881-BCWF-(2293)

[email protected]

at Camp Winfield this year I take it according to the paper I'm typing this from.

Heck, I might sign up myself if there's room left.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
K-Dub

Post by K-Dub »

Lovely :) Thanks for posting Queen K!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was looking at the pamphlet for the Joe Rich Club too. I might join it some day.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://joerich.org/

Wow, I like this website for the organization. I wonder how easy it is to find out if they have surpassed membership limits and there is a waitlist.

I am thinking of getting a gun and learning how to use it properly. PAL and CORE classes of course.

I'd love to be a guest for a day to see if it's for me. Anyone know anyone willing to take me? :admin:
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

PAL courses can be found throughout the valley and are either scheduled to work for people or are somewhat flexible to allow attendance. There are lots of training books floating around to get a head start. Most everyone connected to the shooting world is enthusiastic to help the new comers and will make them comfortable. Nothing to be intimidated about when learning.

I suggest anyone wanting to get on board do so sooner rather than later. While the PAL or RPAL training is your first step and usually a smooth process, the actual application and acceptance for them can sometimes be a rather drawn out and long wait. I can guarantee that obtaining a PAL is not going to get easier so act now. I have never heard anyone say "jeeze, I wish I didn't have the licence to own a gun".

Lastly, don't go out a first time and let anyone put a large caliber or magnum rifle in your hands. Make sure they know their way around firearms, technique, safety and have your interests in mind. Start small.
Someone has to say it.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Yeah, firearms are no joke. Always know your way around a rifle before even considering a purchase, among other obvious things that were already mentioned.

After all, they are one of those tools whose sole purpose, when conceived, was to kill things.
I am... the law!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

GracieD

Post by GracieD »

I saw one table of jewelry some women had that was near the Conservation Booth and a booth selling curling irons. Okay to me neither is outdoor related and they were out of place there. Make sure you don't forget that plug in curling iron when in the outdoors!...lol I really would have loved to see more local stores and even some sports hobbyists like wood carving etc represented. I am going to go to the one in Penticton in August. Sounds like it might be a good one starting up. I too will go back to this show next year.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I figured something had to be there for the bored ladies accompanying their hunter/fisher spouse, so I was good with that.

I wonder who bought the Beaver Rub and if it's any good.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

BUMP

Who is attending the up coming BC Interior Sportsman Show?

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.facebook.com/stephen.payne.9678/videos/2247930931933407/?t=29

Oh looky, Gone Fishin' and Buckeye are headed there now.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

If you want to learn more and promote outdoor activities QK, posting an asinine, stereotyping picture that attempts to discredit conservationists who enjoy the outdoors is probably not the best way to start.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh come on, the singing deer strapped to the hood of the jeep is hilarious. Fine, that's not you, that's Rwede.

I'm looking forward to the show too. And the bear? The bear is part and parcel of an American outdoor sports store in Idaho.

Have a sense of humour will ya?

:biggrin:

Someone phone this place up and sound like a granola crunching, plaid wearing, birkenstock clad vegan, leftist liberal cryin' like a baby over their mural on the side of their business. Please!

Guns, ammo, fishing, the great outdoors and a happy bear! The personification of the outdoor lifestyles. :130: I have yet to meet any outdoor sports enthusiast who hasn't had a cold one at the end of a day. :130:

Looking forward to the show!
Last edited by Queen K on Mar 30th, 2019, 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”