KGH Parking

Re: KGH Parking

Postby sublime » Nov 24th, 2018, 3:50 pm

one wheel wrote: KGH was in an excellent location when it was built but Kelowna has grown but the movers & shakers didn't.

The doctors and surgeons all purchased houses in Kettle Valley, Lower and Upper Mission, Lakeshore etc. and didn't want to "commute" to a further location. It's a well know fact around the hospital why it was never located.
sublime
Fledgling

Liked in: 202 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 11th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Bumped
Hopefully they build it not only for todays needs, also future parking needs. To bad they couldn't add couple more levels to current parkade.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... de-for-KGH
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9076 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby MAPearce » Feb 11th, 2019, 8:26 pm

GordonH wrote:Bumped
Hopefully they build it not only for todays needs, also future parking needs. To bad they couldn't add couple more levels to current parkade.

I couldn't agree more Gordo .. Problem is , that for KGH to expand to meet future needs it will need land that isn't available without the displacement of good , " affordable " , single family homes and the people who live in them .....

Parking is a mess there , I get that .. But as this city grows, KGH will need to also and it will be at the expense of good families who live in that neighbourhood ..
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4894 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 11th, 2019, 8:35 pm

MAPearce wrote:I couldn't agree more Gordo .. Problem is , that for KGH to expand to meet future needs it will need land that isn't available without the displacement of good , " affordable " , single family homes and the people who live in them .....

Parking is a mess there , I get that .. But as this city grows, KGH will need to also and it will be at the expense of good families who live in that neighbourhood ..

This could have been avoided if instead of building Royal tower (late 80s early 90s), they had moved KGH to a bigger location. With the area to expand & grow.
Unfortunately that did not happen, so we are left with the current reality.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

Anonymous123 likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9076 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby WalterWhite » Feb 11th, 2019, 10:10 pm

Bingo - build up not out - it’s a parkade.

Sige likes this post.
WalterWhite

Liked in: 5564 posts

Postby MAPearce » Feb 13th, 2019, 2:24 am

Would that be smart Wally ?

My bet is IH will raze the entire even numbered side of the 2200 block of Speer street to build on ... Its right behind the Dr Anderson building and they already own all but 3 or 4 of the houses on the entire block..
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4894 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan