Illegal Dumping

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Illegal Dumping

Post by Treblehook »

Illegal dumping makes the Castanet headlines again with a report of this truck abandoned at the bottom of Postill Lake Road. Seems that the lack of respect for our environment, be it in our forests or in or around our lakes and waterways, seems to be at a higher level than ever before. Nothing seems to happen in response to those who violate and/or pollute. Abandoned houseboats on Okanagan Lake, illegal dump sites, and vehicles abandoned and burned throughout interface areas around our cities are seemingly ignored by authorities. Our politicians really need to wake up and grow some (b&^#s) and bring in some meaningful legislation to curb this destructive behavior.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Illegal Dumping

Post by WalterWhite »

With all the vehicle dumps/burns that seem to happen up Postill Lake, why hasn't some form of surveillance cameras been set up to record the comings and goings of vehicles at any given time?
okanaganforesttaskforce

Post by okanaganforesttaskforce »

WalterWhite wrote:With all the vehicle dumps/burns that seem to happen up Postill Lake, why hasn't some form of surveillance cameras been set up to record the comings and goings of vehicles at any given time?

We will be install a new PTZ or pan tilt zoom camera up there soon. Sadly almost every back road around here looks like this. No matter how much we clean a week or two later you would never know we where there. We need a lot harsher laws on this as well.
How hard is it to pick up after your self in the forest!!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

was up there the other day theres 2 more burnt vehicles by the ponds and another shooting range slash garbage dump up the main road i would like to see them turn some of the area into an orv area and have some enforcement up there but more than likely it will just get closed down
okanaganforesttaskforce

LTD wrote:was up there the other day theres 2 more burnt vehicles by the ponds and another shooting range slash garbage dump up the main road i would like to see them turn some of the area into an orv area and have some enforcement up there but more than likely it will just get closed down

We patrol a lot up that way and on Sunday counted 4 vehicles along with ditches full of garbage. Sadly I'm not surprised any more on what we find or see in the bush.

I would be more surprised if we dident find anything but until the laws change that won't happen. Right now it's a slap on the wrist and told don't do it again. What we need is a REAL deterrent start posting there pics in the media and banning them from the bush along with a large fine and the cost of clean up.
okanaganforesttaskforce

They should also make the offender attend at least 3 Okanagan Forest Task Force clean ups. With everyone knowing what they did. That way they can see how it feels to pick up everyone's garbage.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

okanaganforesttaskforce wrote:They should also make the offender attend at least 3 Okanagan Forest Task Force clean ups. With everyone knowing what they did. That way they can see how it feels to pick up everyone's garbage.

That would require a Judge with knackers and an understanding of the scope of the problem, wouldn't it.
okanaganforesttaskforce

Treblehook wrote:
okanaganforesttaskforce wrote:They should also make the offender attend at least 3 Okanagan Forest Task Force clean ups. With everyone knowing what they did. That way they can see how it feels to pick up everyone's garbage.

That would require a Judge with knackers and an understanding of the scope of the problem, wouldn't it.

Very true and well my hopes aren't high
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

They cant even be bothered to take there crap up to the bush anymore. Ive seen 2 RV's dumped on a side road, in the city, in the last week. The second of which is still sitting there. Day number 3
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Is there a schedule or a website to know when these clean ups happen? Asking for a friend. :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
okanaganforesttaskforce

Queen K wrote:

Is there a schedule or a website to know when these clean ups happen? Asking for a friend. :biggrin:

We use our fb group at the moment but will be posting a calendar on our website soon that people can see.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272794313107200/
thekid

Post by thekid »

removed. use the pm feature please.
got eeeem ahah
dakoda62
Fledgling

Post by dakoda62 »

Charge them both. let the chips lie where they fall, If clown A failed to registered it he can be charged, You only have a 10 day window to transfer ownership.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

LTD wrote:was up there the other day theres 2 more burnt vehicles by the ponds and another shooting range slash garbage dump up the main road i would like to see them turn some of the area into an orv area and have some enforcement up there but more than likely it will just get closed down

That would work great for those that appreciate the outdoors and respect it. Unfortunately those that don't will simply relocate to another area.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

I've worked on recycling programs & it bothers me when I see such disregard for our environment & it doesn't appear to be getting any better ? The penalties are obviously far too light ?

I thought a person could donate their vehicle to the KIDNEY FOUNDATION & it would be picked & the owner would receive a tax receipt ?

Return to “Central Okanagan”