Green Party gave illegal contribution to Stephen Fuhr

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Green Party gave illegal contribution to Stephen Fuhr

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Greens-Grits sign violation

The Canadian Press - May 11, 2018 / 5:00 am

Photo: Contributed
Green Party candidate Gary Adams with Liberal Stephen Fuhr.

The federal elections watchdog says an unofficial partnership between the Greens and Liberals in a B.C. riding aimed at unseating a Conservative incumbent in the 2015 election led to an illegal contribution to the Liberal campaign.

The Commissioner of Canada Elections says the use of signs purchased by the Green party to help build support for Liberal candidate Stephen Fuhr in the Kelowna-Lake Country riding constituted a non-monetary contribution to Fuhr's campaign and a violation of the Canada Elections Act.

Thomas Ryder, the official agent for Green party candidate Gary Adams, has entered into a compliance agreement with the elections commissioner, in which he promises not to do this again.

The Liberal campaign struck an agreement with the Greens to have Adams withdraw from the race and endorse Fuhr — an attempt to encourage strategic voting against the Conservative incumbent which appears to have worked because Fuhr won the seat.

Ryder purchased Green campaign signs with party money, but after Adams stepped down, Ryder and other volunteers continued to use the signs at Liberal campaign events, which is considered a non-cash political contribution and not allowed.

snip

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -violation
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Green Party gave illegal contribution to Stephen Fuhr

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Did this Stephen Fuhr person win in his riding? If so which one is it? I always forget the name of the guy that won in Kelowna.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Did this Stephen Fuhr person win in his riding? If so which one is it? I always forget the name of the guy that won in Kelowna.

Yes he won in 2015 in the riding of Kelowna-Lake Country .... he is the Liberal MP for Kelowna. Won a major upset in Conservative Turf by aligning with the green party offering them the best chance to advance green policies over Ron Cannon
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup..............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

khutchi wrote:
Yes he won in 2015 in the riding of Kelowna-Lake Country .... he is the Liberal MP for Kelowna.

interesting...how come no one has heard of him?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Who cares about the signs, the real crime is this,

The Liberal campaign struck an agreement with the Greens to have Adams withdraw from the race and endorse Fuhr — an attempt to encourage strategic voting against the Conservative incumbent which appears to have worked because Fuhr won the seat.

They took away the voting rights of Green Party members to support their candidate and Green Party agenda, and they took away the rights of Conservative voters to have a fair election not manipulated by backroom deals between parties.

But they did promise not to do it again, now that is real punishment for working to rig the election.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
interesting...how come no one has heard of him?

Probably because he just sits in the backbenches in Ottawa and claps like a trained seal every time Trudeau says something stupid. That's a lot of clapping. More Liberal Party of Canada malfeasance. Fuhr should be forced to resign over this, and a by-election held to elect someone - legally!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i tag dan albas and stephen fuhr on twitter all the time . dan albas responds stephen has never once even acknowledged that i have included him in a convo
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I met Fuhr. Asked him about liberal gun grabbing policies. He said not this time around.

I didnt believe him then. I know now for sure he lied rite to my face
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

Signs. The Greens paid for signs. Do I have that right?

Oh yeah! THAT made the difference and got Fuhr elected. Like I always vote for the person with the most signs. He should resign (get it...re-sign) right away.

Fuhr. Fuhr? Haven't I heard that name before?

Wasn't he friends with Heinrich Bimler and Ron Vibbentrop planning a day trip to Stalingrad with...Mr. Hilter. Right. Fuhr...oh..crap.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Fuhr's running around conservative social media pages trying to deflect some sort of culpability to Ron Cannan lol.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

It's interesting to note a couple of letters to Castanet defending Fuhr. What's interesting? One's from the Liberal Party of Canada riding chair, the other is from the riding's EDA fundraising chair. Why don't these people identify themselves as Liberal Party of Canada insiders in their letters? Would it not be more transparent for the readers to know this?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

I am NOT a Mr. Dressup supporter, nor a supporter of his disciples such as Mr. Fuhr, however this issue has been made, or attempted to make a mountain out of an ant hill. I find it implausible that the local Greens and Libs conspired to knowingly violate electoral rules. Fuhr is a parrot parroting the Red Book, useless as a free thinking MP, but is not a liar.

No one will care about this issue come the next election.

The Conservatives need to focus on more important things.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

dreamon wrote:I am NOT a Mr. Dressup supporter, nor a supporter of his disciples such as Mr. Fuhr, however this issue has been made, or attempted to make a mountain out of an ant hill. I find it implausible that the local Greens and Libs conspired to knowingly violate electoral rules. Fuhr is a parrot parroting the Red Book, useless as a free thinking MP, but is not a liar.

No one will care about this issue come the next election.

The Conservatives need to focus on more important things.

Fuhr lied right to my face.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Jflem1983 wrote:Fuhr lied right to my face.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager he lied behind your back, too. When we see his campaign team flooding the Castanet letters section with what they're trying to pass off as "regular Joe support" for Fuhr, it's quite obvious that there's little transparency and little openness in that camp. I don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “B.C.”