Post by normaM »

I know this is going to make some of you so happy :p
https://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/kel ... run-again/
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Re: Mayor to run again

Post by AlienSoldier »

As a former television reporter he is the most qualified candidate to run Kelowna. 4 more year.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

No, I think we need a new Mayor
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I think, overall, he has done a great job. He has my vote, so does Ryan Donn for council. The rest we will wait and see
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Id take an empty sandwich bag over the current mayor.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

With any chance at least 1 of the persons running against him will be worthy candidate for the office of Mayor.
Hey any performing chimpanzees in the area, just kidding. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

We've had a few mayoral races in kelowna that were virtually uncontested.

There are a handful of locals (including at least one on Council) who could likely beat out Colin if they ran for Mayor, but I don't believe any of them intend to. Speaking of Council, while nothing has been made official, you can bet nearly all of them will run for re-election.

But, to those with a hate-on for Mayor Basran (and I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with you): Now's your chance. He will likely be re-elected unless someone steps up. It's a good paying job that technically has no qualifications. Will you make a difference, or stand by and do nothing?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

normaM wrote:No, I think we need a new Mayor

I agree but, I KNOW we need a new mayor.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

gman313 wrote:I think, overall, he has done a great job. He has my vote, so does Ryan Donn for council. The rest we will wait and see

Right. An unemployed former journalist is a good choice. LOL. BAHA. Barf.. His seat was bought and paid for him to do what he did and make a small group a lot of money (pretty sure he saw some too). Then he sets his sights on the homeless down-trodden and kicked them to the curb. Or arrest them. Delusion and slight of hand has to be his platform, because the guy knows squat.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

OH Walter??? Walter??? Come now Walter .. you know you want to be mayor again! :130:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

great if he wins, nothing will get done about are homeless criminal junkies,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

the truth wrote:great if he wins, nothing will get done about are homeless criminal junkies,

anyone here is welcome to run on the platform of dealing with the homeless however you see fit.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

the truth wrote:great if he wins, nothing will get done about are homeless criminal junkies,

You're right. Kelowna attracts all the best people and is an awesome place to live. No long commutes. Great bike lanes. No crime. Outgoing caring residents. A warm and welcoming place. In 1970.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

gman313 wrote:

anyone here is welcome to run on the platform of dealing with the homeless however you see fit.

Careful what you wish for. the truth is one set away from developing a hunting and firing squad for anyone he believes is homeless.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

do you have a link proving this, i would love to see it *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 4th, 2018, 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Baiting/word censor workaround.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”