Road Rage Leads to Hospital

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Road Rage Leads to Hospital

Post by OKkayak »

alanjh595 wrote:
Collision statistics reveal that 27% of fatalities and 19% of serious injuries involve speeding and:
40% of speeding drivers involved in fatal crashes were 16 to 24 years of age; most drivers killed in speed-related crashes were the ones speeding;
80% of young adult passengers who were killed in a speeding crash were in the vehicle with a speeding driver of similar age;
Single-vehicle crashes accounted for more than 50% of speeding deaths and serious injuries;
One in three speeding drivers involved in a fatal crash had been drinking;
Urban roads at night are the primary location for fatal crashes involving young adult drivers since urban areas have a high concentration of bars, restaurants and other places where alcohol is served.

So, how many of those 90% passing the above poster caused an accident?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

You can make as many excuses and justifications you want, but the truth is that collisions are the result of drivers making poor decisions. They defy the legal requirements they agreed to obey. There are of course exceptions such as natural disasters, wild animals, etc., but we are talking about people who insist on making their own rules, here. Perhaps even resorting to violence to make their point.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

OKkayak wrote:[quote=
Not your car, not your fuel bill, not your business. Don't worry about it.

Best you stick to kayaking
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Not your car, not your fuel bill, not your business. Don't worry about it.

Either you misread my post or you're one of them.. A road rager.

If it were my car and my fuel bill , I'd drive in a manner that not only conserves fuel but respects the maintenance and wear and tear of said vehicle by NOT racing to the next light and having to hit the brakes just to beat the guy beside me..

Problem is that there are too many " I'll drive the way I want to so don't worry about it" shatheads out there that simply object to efficient driving and consider it a nuisance .. They get P1ssed off and loose it . It it were "my car, my gas" it becomes "my problem" if it were one of those behind me....

Right ?.

Are you one of those I should worry about when I'm in the family car with my wife and children ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

kgcayenne wrote:You can make as many excuses and justifications you want, but the truth is that collisions are the result of drivers making poor decisions. They defy the legal requirements they agreed to obey. There are of course exceptions such as natural disasters, wild animals, etc., but we are talking about people who insist on making their own rules, here. Perhaps even resorting to violence to make their point.

tsayta wrote:Best you stick to kayaking
MAPearce wrote:
Either you misread my post or you're one of them.. A road rager.

If it were my car and my fuel bill , I'd drive in a manner that not only conserves fuel but respects the maintenance and wear and tear of said vehicle by NOT racing to the next light and having to hit the brakes just to beat the guy beside me..

Problem is that there are too many " I'll drive the way I want to so don't worry about it" shatheads out there that simply object to efficient driving and consider it a nuisance .. They get P1ssed off and loose it . It it were "my car, my gas" it becomes "my problem" if it were one of those behind me....

Right ?.

Are you one of those I should worry about when I'm in the family car with my wife and children ??

You all completely missed my point. This thread is about road rage, is it not?

What seems a better solution to road rage to you?
Getting frustrated that other drivers are driving in a different manner than you, whether they're driving faster or less "efficient" than you? Or, as I suggested, just let it go and don't worry about it?

No where did I condone any behaviour or driving tactics, I merrily suggested to not worry about it. Drive defensively and let others go about their business.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

.... Because while I'm minding my own business driving along, that road rager might hit me. Now it is my business. I suggest we would all be safer if those asshats calmed down
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

tsayta wrote:.... Because while I'm minding my own business driving along, that road rager might hit me. Now it is my business. I suggest we would all be safer if those asshats calmed down

So waving your fists in the air, yelling "what an *bleep*", pointing out to your passengers and yelling "look at that idiot" will prevent him/her hitting you how exactly?

You're confusing driving defensively with unnecessary frustration.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

You missed everyone else's point.

If drivers all took responsibility for themselves and their driving to drive in accordance with the standards they agreed to obey when they obtained the privilege to drive, people would longer feel frustrated by law-abiding motorists.

Road rage-types seek to blame others for an inability to 1. drive lawfully, 2. self-regulate.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

kgcayenne wrote:You missed everyone else's point.

If drivers all took responsibility for themselves and their driving to drive in accordance with the standards they agreed to obey when they obtained the privilege to drive, people would longer feel frustrated by law-abiding motorists.

Road rage-types seek to blame others for an inability to 1. drive lawfully, 2. self-regulate.

I understood your points, but unfortunately all drivers behaving isn't going to happen, its something we have to live with. So the only way we can control the situation and do our part to prevent any potential escalation is to just let things go.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Tell that to the road rage-prone lunatics who assault people.

When I get ticked that some dufus puts me and others at risk, I'm justified in speaking out against that. Being a vocal opponent of assholery feels like I'm doing something. I mean, if you want to roll over and passively take it up the sphincter in ICBC premiums and other losses that impact us from *bleep* drivers, that's your prerogative.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

kgcayenne wrote:Tell that to the road rage-prone lunatics who assault people.

When I get ticked that some dufus puts me and others at risk, I'm justified in speaking out against that. Being a vocal opponent of assholery feels like I'm doing something. I mean, if you want to roll over and passively take it up the sphincter in ICBC premiums and other losses that impact us from *bleep* drivers, that's your prerogative.

Your best line of defence is not to let yourself get into that situation in the first place. Thats my prerogative :up:
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Bsuds wrote:
southy wrote:I'm curious to know why you think Global should have run this story?

Maybe because it is more newsworthy than some of the other stories they air.

did they cover the bear that was spotted in Yoho National Park?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

kgcayenne wrote:Tell that to the road rage-prone lunatics who assault people.

I agree ...

And sometimes sitting back and relaxing means nothing to the "roid apex help bent on vindication but an easy target ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Post by artistwithaflare »

I hope his place of employment steps up and helps him too!
I know they set him up a Go Fund Me Page.
Just say it as it is!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

artistwithaflare wrote:I hope his place of employment steps up and helps him too!
I know they set him up a Go Fund Me Page.

I hope that his employer steps up and helps him find the door with his last cheque in hand, for bringing a poor light upon their business. The "Go Fund Me" page should be redirected to EI and ICBC.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Central Okanagan”