RE: Potholes on Senger

SC001

RE: Potholes on Senger

Post by SC001 »

I also live in this community on Senger road and I complain every year as well, asking the city to not just fill the massive (and many) holes, but to re-grade it and pave it. Not only are there holes, but the road is sinking on one side so you have to drive on an angle on the one side of the road when there is oncoming traffic. The holes just get larger every year and they patch the holes, which just fall apart again. It's frustrating! We just bought new tires and had them aligned and then we have no choice but to drive over these holes, throwing off our alignment and chewing up our tires. Maybe the city should pay for our tires and alignment twice per year! This road needs some SERIOUS attention and like the lady in that letter said, we pay our fair share of taxes and it's something we all agree on that is needed here!
s_man422

Re: RE: Potholes on Senger

Post by s_man422 »

I think as soon as you reach the first couple trailers at the top of the hill it is private property and thus not the cities responsibility.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

well I remember seeing that some guy in the UK got so fed up with pot holes that he started to spraypaint Penises around them....that got the attention needed to fix them right away.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

might as well [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

The city of West Kelowna is planning a fix for the potholes. They are renaming them "Flood Retention Ponds" and adding a new service tax to keep them that way.
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Symbonite wrote:well I remember seeing that some guy in the UK got so fed up with pot holes that he started to spraypaint Penises around them....that got the attention needed to fix them right away.

I once put a sign by big pothole on Ollala Road near the old school, that read "No Lifeguard on Duty - Swim At Your Own Risk" but someone stole it. :(
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

s_man422 wrote:I think as soon as you reach the first couple trailers at the top of the hill it is private property and thus not the cities responsibility.

Correct. (I think) from where the road forks before the trailer by the mailboxes at the top on down is private property belonging to the owner of the trailer park at the bottom. Therefore, the city has nothing to do with it. Complaints are directed to the owner who owns farm property at the top and according to friends who live in the trailer park: Good luck with that. :smt045
SC001

Post by SC001 »

The majority of the potholes ARE on city property, not past the fork in the road which is private property. I actually took video of the road up to that point but I can't seem to send the video to my email so I can upload it. It's atrocious how little the city does to fix the issue.

Return to “Central Okanagan”