Chainsawing their way out of Knox....

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

A thread about Asshats, throughout Central Okanagan

Post by GordonH »

I will start this thread with people who clearly need to both learn to read & tell time, since there are signs informing what time the park closes.
Secondly vandalizing public parks, for these 2 things.... I nominate them for as :cuss: holes of the week award.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ut-at-Knox

Sorry Mods for my thread title, it just fits.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fledgling

Re: A thread about Asshats, throughout Central Okanagan

Post by 7600736 »

That's Kelowna - a******s and idiots aplenty.
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

Why couldn't those a$$hats have simply called the RCMP non-emergency line, who would have contacted the security company to let them out? Ugh...
dle
Lord of the Board

Chainsawing their way out of Knox....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ut-at-Knox

I have read this article a couple of times and kind of shaking my head a bit on this one.

If I got this right, It says people "watched" the vandals do this, and that RCMP "were called". Says RCMP were on scene but the vandals drove over 'barricades" and got away.

So, as I think of this my reasoning says it couldn't take the cops very long to get from detachment (or anywhere around town) to Knox once they were called since they would be given the exact location of the incident. Did the people just "watch" it happening for a long time before they decided to the cops when it was all but done? Did the cops take the scenic route to get there? Is it another case of the cops not coming because it's not the type of crime that's a priority on their "to-do" list? After it was all said and done what "barricades" are being referred to? If they were able to drive over barricades already there why didn't they just do that instead of calling a friend to bring a chainsaw? Did the cops put up barricades to stop them and they got through them?

Whatever I guess - end of the day is this just another case of destructive brain-challenged morons doing what they do around here - destroy for fun because they know that even if they are caught nothing will happen to them? We know from past experience that either the cops won't arrest, the crown won't charge, or the Judge will let them go so I guess it's no biggie eh?

No different I guess than a property owner chopping down trees on Crown land in front of his property that mar his view from his front windows and getting zero penalty for doing it even though he was caught.

The cops might as well have just stayed at the station doing their paperwork...

Kelowna - city of Jungle Rules...
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

How did they get in there in the first place?
grapefruit
Fledgling

Re: Chainsawing their way out of Knox....

Post by grapefruit »

These morons have obviously been brought up with the mentality that they can do anything they wish. They have :cuss: for brains! Hopefully they won't procreate and pass on their stupidity genes. Oh just to clarify I'm talking about the ones cutting the trees.....the others well :200:
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think by the time the people realized what was up and called it was not long for these people to do the damage. The four trees would take no time at all to cut and those old fence poles the same.

I'd say less then 3 minutes to cut, by the time the dispatcher got, who,where,when and all and sent members. The cuts were done and off they go.

As you know I don't defend poor policing! It does take time to get that information and the members on patrol may have been 3- 5 minutes away.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Snarf wrote:Why couldn't those a$$hats have simply called the RCMP non-emergency line, who would have contacted the security company to let them out? Ugh...

Could have brought a zip saw and cut one chain link and opened the gate. Then wired the chain back so the lock could be re-used.

Best case, call the RCMP and they could have gotten them out. Sadly, why could they not just respect the fact the park closes at night.

Just another example of it's all about me!
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Can't fix STOOPID!!! Hopefully these clowns don't BREED
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Does the park attendant no longer drive through and make sure nobody's locked in before they lock it. That's what they used to do years ago. What if there is a couple in there that aren't from here didn't happen to read the signs got locked in because they didn't know and then they had a medical situation. They couldn't drive out to the hospital. Don't they check malls before locking them up for the night to make sure nobody's inside. Nobody drove around looking for any Vehicles still inside before locking them in. And I don't understand why we need to lock a public area at night. It's a road just like any other road driving anywhere in the mountains. And please don't say it's to protect it. It's a road with trees all around it there's nothing there to protect. Anybody that wants to do any damage will walk in there and do it anytime they want. You can walk past the gate at night so why lock it to car traffic. And just because there's going to be a few idiots out there I'll clarify. no I'm not condoning what they did at all. But isn't part of the job of the gatekeeper to make sure nobody's in before he locks it. It appears he may have not completed his job for the night or he was just trying to be a jerk if he actually knew there were people in there and he was doing that on purpose so he could call the cops.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

hmm, sounds like time flys when you closing a drug deal.. if they could call a buddy to bring a chainsaw surely they could have called the rcmp// well unless of course they aren't fond of police.
Wonder if they use a bull dozer when they lock themselves outta the house
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

i'm sure they were good and cooked. Too dumb to read the clear sign, if you are trapped after hours call this number...…

People continue to amaze me. We walk up regularly and it always amazes me, the people parked right next to the sign that says park closes at 9pm, freaking out at the guy locking the gate who is courteous enough to drive up there and tell them its closing..

welcome to the new kelowna
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Does it close at 9 ?. Before dark that is too early..
When we were kids you took your lumps, stayed locked in or walked out..and WE LIKED IT ..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Does it close at 9 ?. Before dark that is too early..
When we were kids you took your lumps, stayed locked in or walked out..and WE LIKED IT ..

I believe the upper gate closes at 9. the one next to the start of the apex trail. The lower gate at the bottom right at Ellis and Poplar point drive closes later....I think
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Yep I was correct, road closes at 9pm the actual park later

https://www.kelowna.ca/parks-recreation ... ntain-park

it actually makes sense most of the snakes come out and soak up the last of the heat from the road in the evening.

Return to “Central Okanagan”