Shirt with a phone - letter to the editor.

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Shirt with a phone - letter to the editor.

Post by Treblehook »

I am with the poster who questioned the wisdom of this security guard posting his story on a public forum. Of course, it is situation normal when it comes to people reading this and jumping to conclusions, absent enough information to form one. This individual wouldn't be the first to find himself charged with a serious assault charge, where the circumstances would seem to say otherwise. The question that really begs an answer here is what kind of mickey mouse security firm leaves it's employees on their own hook when an incident like this occurs, IF it happened the way the OP says it did. On the other hand, if the investigation and independent witness statements refute the OP's rendition and establish that excessive force was used, maybe his employer should not be responsible for thousands of dollars in lawyer's fees. I guess the court will decide.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

This is what happens when one resists arrest... all time classic

Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

The guy's fb page says it all about him.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 26th, 2018, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bpeep wrote:The guy's fb page says it all about him.

yup.......... :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
hupur
Fledgling

Post by hupur »

a bit power mad is how most security guys appear around hear..cop wannabe's.your job is to report not arrest.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Checked out his FB page, glad he never became a Police Officer. I guess they can try to keep you until the Police arrive but breaking his arm ..
Back when the TD Bank on Spall Plaza was robbed ( guy returned same day too !) They posted a security guard. What was he going to do throw his keys at the Robber?
I appreciate the the Capri Centre has security but I've twice seen them go all SWAT over a shoplifter.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I doubt Crown council would approve aggravated assault charges without good reason.
Black Dogs Matter
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 26th, 2018, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Stuart3

Post by Stuart3 »

I think its bs that the law is in the criminals hands. If you get caught stealing, i dont care if your a store clerk or a security guard. You should have the right to use force. This cry baby criminals dont deserve to be treated like children. They get arrested and let go with a promise to appear. We are creating career theives. They know the laws and how to get away with it. Hundreds of years ago they cut off your hand if you got caught stealing. Bring that back and we may be able to change things.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Ive never not resisted arrest. Shpot my uncle is 61. Up on charges of resisting arrest. No one wants to go to jail.

Sadly, if arrested trying to resist can only create greater charges. It might have originally been a summary offense. BUT start trying to resist and now it's criminal and you need a lawyer...as we see big dollars.

As for the Security fellow, I do not know what their training is, and what they have for right any more then your or I as civilians, Then there is reasonable force, did he go above and beyond??

I hope he is not convicted for his own vested interest, but I would not could it out.

PS- Court is where you should dispute the charge. Sometimes reasoning with the officer on the street will set you free if you co-operate. Called catch and release, or drop them off at home no more trouble!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ken7 wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Ive never not resisted arrest. Shpot my uncle is 61. Up on charges of resisting arrest. No one wants to go to jail.

Sadly, if arrested trying to resist can only create greater charges. It might have originally been a summary offense. BUT start trying to resist and now it's criminal and you need a lawyer...as we see big dollars.

As for the Security fellow, I do not know what their training is, and what they have for right any more then your or I as civilians, Then there is reasonable force, did he go above and beyond??

I hope he is not convicted for his own vested interest, but I would not could it out.

PS- Court is where you should dispute the charge. Sometimes reasoning with the officer on the street will set you free if you co-operate. Called catch and release, or drop them off at home no more trouble!

Painfully i have learned over the years. Stay very calm. Speak clearly and directly. Yes sir no sir. Can i go sir. Much more than that is asking for trouble. I do not get into the trouble i once did.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

OMG.... just checked this guy's FB page as was suggested. Says it all seems an appropriate comment after looking at his page. Wannabe seems a good term as well as "adrift". Maybe he should quit whining and take whatever the court hands out.. guilty, not guilty and so on. Any prospective employer these days is likely to check his FB page... and I am sure they will be impressed.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

normaM wrote:Checked out his FB page, glad he never became a Police Officer. I guess they can try to keep you until the Police arrive but breaking his arm ..
Back when the TD Bank on Spall Plaza was robbed ( guy returned same day too !) They posted a security guard. What was he going to do throw his keys at the Robber?
I appreciate the the Capri Centre has security but I've twice seen them go all SWAT over a shoplifter.

Most Security guards wish to be Police. Many will never be, but you should always have a dream. Many of Kelownas By-law Officers would like to be Police and think they are. I happen to know a few.

Return to “Central Okanagan”