Kelowna's New Useless tourist center

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Kelowna's New Useless tourist center

Post by Omnitheo »

It’s a nice building, and the location gives it extra availability for tourists. Especially the tour buses that come through and let people out right near there. If you need to bring extra people to your business, bringing your business to the people isn’t a bad idea.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I am going to have to ask them how they do the counting, if they have a way of determining locals/tourists.. if they double count ( if I go in twice one day because I forgot to ask a Q, I am then 2?
Glad to see they are open daily from 9 to 9, bet it changes come Fall/winter
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
mattinkelowna
Fledgling

Post by mattinkelowna »

Omnitheo wrote:It’s a nice building, and the location gives it extra availability for tourists. Especially the tour buses that come through and let people out right near there. If you need to bring extra people to your business, bringing your business to the people isn’t a bad idea.

The Asian tour buses full of people swarming the downtown marina for 15 minutes to snap a few selfies before heading back to the bus en route to their next destination? Visitor Centre is useless to them.
mattinkelowna
Fledgling

Post by mattinkelowna »

About the location: Looking forward to see campers and motor homes, or any other vehicle for that matter, trying to get there after Mill street closes down when the phallus gets erected (I mean, the Westcorp Hotel).
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

mattinkelowna wrote:About the location: Looking forward to see campers and motor homes, or any other vehicle for that matter, trying to get there after Mill street closes down when the phallus gets erected (I mean, the Westcorp Hotel).
Since the centre is for pedestrian traffic only, you won't be seeing campers and motor homes.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Fancy wrote:Since the centre is for pedestrian traffic only, you won't be seeing campers and motor homes.

Wonder how many tourist walk to Kelowna versus those who drive or fly into town?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The tourist centre on the highway wasn't busy with vehicles let alone motorhomes so I would imagine the bigger rigs did their homework prior to coming into Kelowna. But this has been mentioned numerous times before.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

It’s almost as if tourists that drive or fly into town are capable of becoming pedestrians downtown somehow.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This is a repetition of what's been said on page 3 and 4 of this thread.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Just you wait. One of these days they'll be able to use Star Trek technology and beam all out of town cars from the highway to the tourist centre. And they also have a site at the airport to beam disembarking passengers to the waterfront as well.

Does anybody else think that somebody who owns something downtown wanted the centre where it wound up?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

dirtybiker wrote:
gman313 wrote:
Your terminology is incredibly derogatory and you are a racist for using it. natives, or Valley Natives is incorrect. Members of First Nations is the appropriate title.

And you are so full of crap for pinning out 60 yrs for any new found language terminoligy that was cooked up
in some holier than thou PC corrective BS !

He stated nothing wrong, and should need not apologize for his wording.

Just sayin'

Take me to task !

My Indian friends hate the term First Nations ! (They are all 50 +)

ETA; Not on topic, I get that. The BS spewed toward another person though, I needed
to cover.
Remove my post away !

Not to take this off topic, but just glancing today's headlines and noticed this. Why then, if it's so derogatory, do the band down south refer to themselves as the Penticton Indian Band?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -contained

http://pib.ca/
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Fancy wrote:The tourist centre on the highway wasn't busy with vehicles let alone motorhomes so I would imagine the bigger rigs did their homework prior to coming into Kelowna. But this has been mentioned numerous times before.

Who doesn't do their homework when they go ANYWHERE ?.

We're in beautiful Qualicum as I type and had NO need for an over priced waste of space tourist info booth.

NONE . WHAT . SO . EVER .

We had a lovely day following the over expanded tourist map we got from the motel lobby.. ( like I needed it ).
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Ktown girl

Post by Ktown girl »

WOWWW.....Do I agree on this one.
What a waste from the city planning or who ever made that decision to bring it in the most best spot on the boardwalk....
We should be enjoing looking out at the lake and view ....they could of made that entire area....bisto shops.....eating or coffee or something to sit outside and enjoy the okanagan......

A tourist center....omgggggg .......I think the city of Kelowna taxpayers should start having a say in what they should have and where...get the publics opinion...

To me spend some money ..and put left turn signals on every traffic light.....keep the traffic moving......haha
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Ktown girl wrote:WOWWW.....Do I agree on this one.
What a waste from the city planning or who ever made that decision to bring it in the most best spot on the boardwalk....
We should be enjoing looking out at the lake and view ....they could of made that entire area....bisto shops.....eating or coffee or something to sit outside and enjoy the okanagan......

A tourist center....omgggggg .......I think the city of Kelowna taxpayers should start having a say in what they should have and where...get the publics opinion...

To me spend some money ..and put left turn signals on every traffic light.....keep the traffic moving......haha

OR....better still....more police.
Bring back the LIKE button.
mattinkelowna
Fledgling

Post by mattinkelowna »

Ktown girl wrote:

Most City of Kelowna operated traffic lights have advance left turning signals.

Harvey however is managed by overpaid monkeys in Victoria who don't give a damn about Kelowna and this needs to be fixed. Bypass or overpasses, you decide.

Return to “Central Okanagan”