Impaled by needle at beach

drex1999
Board Meister

Impaled by needle at beach

Post by drex1999 »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#231400

They give free needles out so addicts don't use dirty needles, protect them from themselves. The needles are then strewn everywhere, putting the entire population at risk. Why is 99% of the population being risked over people who don't care about what they do to themselves, never mind others? SHUT DOWN NEEDLE HANDOUTS
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Impaled by needle at beach

Post by alanjh595 »

drex1999 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-231400-1-.htm#231400

They give free needles out so addicts don't use dirty needles, protect them from themselves. The needles are then strewn everywhere, putting the entire population at risk. Why is 99% of the population being risked over people who don't care about what they do to themselves, never mind others? SHUT DOWN NEEDLE HANDOUTS

I believe that the needle exchange program was instituted to curtail the rapid spread of HIV related diseases. The "EXCHANGE" program should be reinstituted.
Bring back the LIKE button.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

i don't know how many folks have seen someone shoot up. but from what i've seen, after they inject, they are in absolutely no condition to take there needle and put it in a sharpies box afterwards.
Beaches Especially Strathcona. very family oriented, with a ton of young children, should be a 100% no injection sites. Zero tolerance. You get caught you spend 24 hours in the slammer going through withdrawls. plenty of other spots for them to do there business that we so seemingly appear to indorse.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

vinnied wrote:i don't know how many folks have seen someone shoot up. but from what i've seen, after they inject, they are in absolutely no condition to take there needle and put it in a sharpies box afterwards.
Beaches Especially Strathcona. very family oriented, with a ton of young children, should be a 100% no injection sites. Zero tolerance. You get caught you spend 24 hours in the slammer going through withdrawls. plenty of other spots for them to do there business that we so seemingly appear to indorse.

Agree
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

Lets start to play DARTS with these ppl they dont care so why should we Do gooders you will be bit by what you have done.
WheelWeaves
Fledgling

Post by WheelWeaves »

Pretty much hit the nail on the head, after someones shot up, they are in no condition to do anything except be a drain on society, and put others at risk. What little sympathy I have for these people dries up more often than not.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

motokelowna1 wrote:Lets start to play DARTS with these ppl they dont care so why should we Do gooders you will be bit by what you have done.

Guessing your not one of the people walking around carrying one or two narcan kits.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

drex1999 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-231400-1-.htm#231400

were is are mayor , nowear to be seen or heard on this issue :swear: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I believe that the needle exchange program was instituted to curtail the rapid spread of HIV related diseases. The "EXCHANGE" program should be reinstituted.

Yeah... If it were truly ab EXCHANGE programme , asshat junkies would BRING THEIR NEEDLES BACK FOR NEW ONES ....

Doesn't seem to be working out so well Allan........
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

vinnied wrote:i don't know how many folks have seen someone shoot up. but from what i've seen, after they inject, they are in absolutely no condition to take there needle and put it in a sharpies box afterwards.

Seems to be a reasonable approach to what has become a serious problem....
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

If a fine for suckin down a cold beer at the beach is 230 bucks, whats the punishment for littering a potentially disease infected syringe? Oh I forgot its a free pass because the government coddles these parasites.
Sure do love Rutland!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

phasyluck wrote:If a fine for suckin down a cold beer at the beach is 230 bucks, whats the punishment for littering a potentially disease infected syringe? Oh I forgot its a free pass because the government coddles these parasites.

bingo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

phasyluck wrote:If a fine for suckin down a cold beer at the beach is 230 bucks, whats the punishment for littering a potentially disease infected syringe? Oh I forgot its a free pass because the government coddles these parasites.

Usually a person drinking a beer in public is capable of scratching up $230.
If a addict comes up with $230 , they get more drugs NOW.
Then what?? more fines unpaid, court costs, jail, etc.?? Lol
They come out, they take more drugs and on and on it goes.

What's a that crap cost, add it all up and there's got to be a better way.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

honestly build a giant jail/rehab centre in the middle of nowhere , keep the chronic offenders in for life and give the junkies rehab, and let them out only if and when the medical professionals
think they are ready to be let out

to expect bad people not to do wrong is madness
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

fall wrote:
motokelowna1 wrote:Lets start to play DARTS with these ppl they dont care so why should we Do gooders you will be bit by what you have done.

Guessing your not one of the people walking around carrying one or two narcan kits.

No I do not it would interrupt my going out for a meal and helping the local economy.

Return to “Central Okanagan”