Local art on Bernard ....

Local art on Bernard ....

Postby dle » Jul 27th, 2018, 6:18 am

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -local-art

Excellent! These are the kinds of things I want to see downtown.

I would have loved to have gone to this event but I didn't know it was happening! I always seem to read about them the next morning on the news.

Thousands of people moseyed along Bernard Avenue in downtown Kelowna Thursday night, perusing dozens of local artists' work.

Did anyone see where this was advertised? I obviously missed the ad.....but thousands didn't so that's a good thing! We need so much more of this - and I'll try to keep my eyes better peeled for news of them.

Did Castanet advertise it or was it on the radio? I work downtown and am on Bernard every day but I didn't even see any posters about it either - did any of you? I must need an eye exam or something because thousands of people knew about it so it must have been advertised somewhere!

Lady tehMa likes this post.
dle
Übergod

Liked in: 2000 posts

Re: Local art on Bernard ....

Postby Scrobins94 » Jul 27th, 2018, 6:47 am

Never heard of it either. Castanet does kind of a poor job announcing these types of events. And I visit Castanet's home page multiple times a day.

3 people like this post.
Scrobins94
Board Meister

Liked in: 383 posts

Postby Fancy » Jul 27th, 2018, 6:47 am

Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

dle likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7147 posts

Postby dle » Jul 27th, 2018, 8:26 am

Thanks for posting these clues that I totally missed! I don't frequent the City webpage but I'll pop in now that I see they have an events calendar......have no excuse why I missed the Castanet story - that type of thing usually catches my eye!

Lady tehMa likes this post.
dle
Übergod

Liked in: 2000 posts

Postby jobman » Jul 27th, 2018, 1:50 pm

I am a downtown merchant . I would like to see how they claim those figures. I have been outside my store most evenings and pedestrian traffic is way down once you past Pandora. The inner core is against deteriorating but the lakeside continues to prosper. This is just another marketing ploy. Why does Festivals Kelowna need to generate revenue ??

5 people like this post.
jobman

Liked in: 20 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 27th, 2018, 1:55 pm

jobman wrote:I am a downtown merchant . I would like to see how they claim those figures. I have been outside my store most evenings and pedestrian traffic is way down once you past Pandora. The inner core is against deteriorating but the lakeside continues to prosper. This is just another marketing ploy. Why does Festivals Kelowna need to generate revenue ??

just more lies coming out of mills mouth , that's what she does best--lie
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

rainandsun likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6744 posts

Postby featfan » Jul 27th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Renata Mills, executive director of host organization Festivals Kelowna, has been hosting events in the city for 20 years, and she says she's seen a recent positive shift downtown.

“Every night now, I'm seeing more and more people coming downtown, which is a really cool vibe, the whole downtown has shifted,” Mills said.

“This is super neat to see this transition.”

Oh please doctor change my prescription to what you are giving Renata Mills. Thanks doc, all I see is rainbows and sunny days now.

4 people like this post.
featfan
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 565 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 27th, 2018, 2:29 pm

if you find out what she is taking ,please let me know i want some too, must be getting it from her city park supplier
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6744 posts

Postby rainandsun » Jan 19th, 2019, 1:25 am

jobman wrote:I am a downtown merchant . I would like to see how they claim those figures. I have been outside my store most evenings and pedestrian traffic is way down once you past Pandora. The inner core is against deteriorating but the lakeside continues to prosper. This is just another marketing ploy. Why does Festivals Kelowna need to generate revenue ??

yes It is easy how they claim those figures.... by counting one side of peoples walking and counting them again when they walk back the other side of Bernard... With her Salary and her luxury office..... Festivals need more of your tax money ?????
rainandsun

Liked in: 14 posts

Postby Scrobins94 » Jan 19th, 2019, 1:34 am

Necropost
Scrobins94
Board Meister

Liked in: 383 posts

Return to Central Okanagan