Casino Strike

Re: Casino Strike

Postby gman313 » Nov 16th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Kelownah wrote:I hope the postal workers get a contract with what they want.


I hope I get a contract with what I want lol. don't we all

3 people like this post.
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2888
Likes: 1246 posts
Liked in: 1430 posts
Joined: Sep 15th, 2008, 7:03 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby JayByrd » Nov 16th, 2018, 4:00 pm

DoDo1975 wrote:
You should be happy with 2% after 18+ years in a union job. You are likely maxed out on your classification and inflation has been below 2% for many years.

It might not be this year though.


Yes and no. It's a damn sight better than the 0, 0, and 0 we got in one contract under the Gordon Campbell administration. My particular sector (Community Social Services) is not very visible; we simply don't have the leverage that, for example, teaches or nurses have. I'm not exactly happy with 2% but I'm satisfied, it is progress. I'll be happy if we aren't expected to take less than that on our next contract. Our current deal doesn't even expire until Spring, and we've completed a new contract for the following three years. We were able to get the Government to the table early. The NDP historically is more favourable to public sector employees than other parties, and since their grip on power in BC is tenuous, it was thought that getting a deal done early would be best.

We'll collect an additional .75% from the Economic Stability Dividend in the Spring of 2019 so overall it's decent.
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.
User avatar
JayByrd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3400
Likes: 659 posts
Liked in: 1433 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby Kelownah » Nov 17th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Looks like Canada Post is going to have to dig a little deeper!
User avatar
Kelownah
Fledgling
 
Posts: 100
Likes: 47 posts
Liked in: 81 posts
Joined: Apr 7th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby MAPearce » Nov 17th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Kelownah wrote:Looks like Canada Post is going to have to dig a little deeper!


What ? We should start tipping them too ????

SO glad I go to Fed Ex ....
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

soupy likes this post.
User avatar
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11294
Likes: 1763 posts
Liked in: 4295 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby Faraday » Nov 17th, 2018, 11:51 pm

And back to Chances tonight and had a great night :)

soupy likes this post.
Faraday
 
Posts: 39
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 47 posts
Joined: Mar 7th, 2016, 10:34 am

Kelowna Casino - no more drink specials, Grinches Ruin Xmas!

Postby Discoverytim » Dec 3rd, 2018, 1:00 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that as of last night, there will no more drinks specials. And if you thought, "I'll just go to the The Match" well, you will be barred from taking in or taking out drinks from/to casino floor as they have got their family restaurant status.
So no more free travel from food to gambling with a drink in hand and no more drink specials in the Casino Bar!!!1
$7.20 for a beer that is not even a real pint!
After not paying decent wages for years, and still not - they are now trying once again to fleece their customers, probably trying to make up the shortfall from the last few months no doubt.

Williy likes this post.
Discoverytim
 
Posts: 1
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2014, 9:35 am

Re: Kelowna Casino - no more drink specials, Grinches Ruin X

Postby soupy » Dec 3rd, 2018, 1:26 pm

Discoverytim wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know that as of last night, there will no more drinks specials. And if you thought, "I'll just go to the The Match" well, you will be barred from taking in or taking out drinks from/to casino floor as they have got their family restaurant status.
So no more free travel from food to gambling with a drink in hand and no more drink specials in the Casino Bar!!!1
$7.20 for a beer that is not even a real pint!
After not paying decent wages for years, and still not - they are now trying once again to fleece their customers, probably trying to make up the shortfall from the last few months no doubt.


Just means staff tips will suffer. Not my loss, i still want a beer. :130:

2 people like this post.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 567
Likes: 1043 posts
Liked in: 521 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby one wheel » Dec 5th, 2018, 10:47 pm

I went to the downtown casino last night about 7:00pm & had the buffet, that section was totally empty, the food was terrible & nothing much set out for desert, it was so bad it wasn't even worth the 2 for 1 special we had ?

I'd not been into any casino since the strike started & thought maybe the downtown one would put out the extra effort to get patrons back but not IMO ? It appeared they had an overload of staff working but the place wasn't busy at all ?

I go very little anymore because the fun factor isn't there & the payouts got smaller & smaller.
one wheel
Fledgling
 
Posts: 238
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Dec 9th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby MAPearce » Dec 6th, 2018, 8:19 pm

one wheel wrote:I went to the downtown casino last night about 7:00pm & had the buffet, that section was totally empty, the food was terrible & nothing much set out for desert, it was so bad it wasn't even worth the 2 for 1 special we had ?

I'd not been into any casino since the strike started & thought maybe the downtown one would put out the extra effort to get patrons back but not IMO ? It appeared they had an overload of staff working but the place wasn't busy at all ?

I go very little anymore because the fun factor isn't there & the payouts got smaller & smaller.


That's odd ... On the few occasions I go to Chances on a Wednesday , I make out like a bandit there ...

The food upstairs is ok and reasonably priced but they haven't changed the menu in a while .. Still not a bad experience though .

Perhaps you should try it ? The parking is free and the staff have always been friendly .
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
User avatar
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11294
Likes: 1763 posts
Liked in: 4295 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby OKkayak » Dec 7th, 2018, 10:57 am

one wheel wrote:I went to the downtown casino last night about 7:00pm & had the buffet, that section was totally empty, the food was terrible & nothing much set out for desert, it was so bad it wasn't even worth the 2 for 1 special we had ?


Williy likes this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Übergod
 
Posts: 1368
Likes: 933 posts
Liked in: 1259 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby Andree1 » Dec 8th, 2018, 8:57 pm

I guess I just assumed that once the casino strike was over, that the clientele would flock back in droves. However, it hasn't been the case here in Penticton! In fact, many of the familiar faces from the striking staff must've been laid off due to the poor turnout of customers. One dealer told us that 15 of the Kelowna dealers have been laid off. I really don't think the strike was worth it for many of the strikers, who have moved on or don't get the hours they used to get. The service is still slow from the roving staff and not particularly friendly or thankful when given tips. My hubby finds the dealer admin too strict and not a fun atmosphere at the tables in Penticton, and others have said the same.
Andree1
 
Posts: 3
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 25th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby soupy » Dec 9th, 2018, 3:06 pm

Andree1 wrote:I guess I just assumed that once the casino strike was over, that the clientele would flock back in droves. However, it hasn't been the case here in Penticton! In fact, many of the familiar faces from the striking staff must've been laid off due to the poor turnout of customers. One dealer told us that 15 of the Kelowna dealers have been laid off. I really don't think the strike was worth it for many of the strikers, who have moved on or don't get the hours they used to get. The service is still slow from the roving staff and not particularly friendly or thankful when given tips. My hubby finds the dealer admin too strict and not a fun atmosphere at the tables in Penticton, and others have said the same.


It'll get busier again come better weather.
Maybe they should make some of the staff walk outside in the cold promoting us to go to the Casino now? hehe

cv23 likes this post.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 567
Likes: 1043 posts
Liked in: 521 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby Williy » Dec 10th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Andree1 wrote:I guess I just assumed that once the casino strike was over, that the clientele would flock back in droves. However, it hasn't been the case here in Penticton! In fact, many of the familiar faces from the striking staff must've been laid off due to the poor turnout of customers. One dealer told us that 15 of the Kelowna dealers have been laid off. I really don't think the strike was worth it for many of the strikers, who have moved on or don't get the hours they used to get. The service is still slow from the roving staff and not particularly friendly or thankful when given tips. My hubby finds the dealer admin too strict and not a fun atmosphere at the tables in Penticton, and others have said the same.


that is fantastic news. Awesome. Are people smartening up? ...it would be great if their were no Casino's in BC at all.

BanCasinos likes this post.
Williy
 
Posts: 79
Likes: 205 posts
Liked in: 27 posts
Joined: Apr 8th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby OKkayak » Dec 10th, 2018, 10:00 pm

Williy wrote:that is fantastic news. Awesome. Are people smartening up? ...it would be great if their were no Casino's in BC at all.

But, but, but then all those workers you showed so much support for during the strike would be out of a job :1422:

soupy likes this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Übergod
 
Posts: 1368
Likes: 933 posts
Liked in: 1259 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Re: Casino Strike

Postby BanCasinos » Dec 14th, 2018, 4:35 pm

This is about the strike, not parking.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 15th, 2018, 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
BanCasinos
 
Posts: 19
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 15 posts
Joined: Oct 7th, 2018, 1:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Jlabute and 9 guests