Alberta family disappointed in park

applebee

Alberta family disappointed in park

Post by applebee »

The gentleman who wrote about all the drug activity in the Park in Kelowna when they were there says this changes his idea of Kelowna. I gather he must come from an area where there are no homeless, drug addicts, etc as he was surprised at the activity in the park. Did they once call the police? I am really sorry that the Okanagan attract folks as it is warmer to live here, but we did not put these people in the park, specifically to destroy your vacation.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/2 ... s-tourists
Last edited by ferri on Aug 21st, 2018, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to letter added (I think that's the one)
seewood
Guru

Re: Alberta family disappointed in park

Post by seewood »

Have a lousy experience or service one might tell 10 people. Have a good experience or receive good service, tell 3 people. This was explained to me years ago regarding running a business.
If this gets to the Calgary papers, then just perhaps council will then decide it is important enough to deal with. If the writer is correct, then I could see the Chamber's members starting to holler pretty loud about doing something fast or we will vote someone in who will.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

This letter writer is 100 percent correct. Downtown is a sewer this year. Turds floating everywhere.

Remember to vote in October.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

seewood wrote:If the writer is correct, then I could see the Chamber's members starting to holler pretty loud about doing something fast or we will vote someone in who will.

What do you suggest?

Anyone can forecast rain when their head is getting wet. Building a better umbrella? That's the hard part.
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

I seem to remember acquaintances being picked up from being impaired or open liquor in public places.
Is shooting up, being in possession, stoned, *bleep* in public a legal thing to do in a park?
Perhaps or likely in your^^ eyes a bit simplistic, but is it impossible for these stoners get a ride in a paddy wagon to a cell to sleep/twitch their high off? Yes, they would be released after 12 hours or whatever, but I suspect the parks and other public place users would be grateful.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

applebee wrote:The gentleman who wrote about all the drug activity in the Park in Kelowna when they were there says this changes his idea of Kelowna. I gather he must come from an area where there are no homeless, drug addicts, etc as he was surprised at the activity in the park. Did they once call the police? I am really sorry that the Okanagan attract folks as it is warmer to live here, but we did not put these people in the park, specifically to destroy your vacation.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/2 ... s-tourists

I am so sorry for your terrible experience. I can assure you that a majority of locals are equally distressed. Unfortunately, with the election of Justine and Horgan, the rights of the segment of population that make bad life choices need to be better understood and accomodated.
Just remember that the next time you next walk into a voting box.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Albertans can stay home if they don't like what they see here
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

skydawg wrote:Albertans can stay home if they don't like what they see here

And I would be most appreciative if an attitude like yours would relocate to Quebec where you can truly take advantage of Federal transfer payments that were delivered from Alberta for decades.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i mean what not to love.smokey skies .needles and drug paraphernalia on the ground.people humping on the grass. come on down.bring grandma and the kids
mattinkelowna
Fledgling

Post by mattinkelowna »

Look at that, drug addicts shooting themselves in our million dollar *bleep* while another one is showering in the sink. Taxpayer money at work.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

voice of reason wrote:i mean what not to love.smokey skies .needles and drug paraphernalia on the ground.people humping on the grass. come on down.bring grandma and the kids

Then keep voting for social justice, funded injection sites, and social housing projects in family neighbourhoods instead of a justice system that keeps them out of parks and residential areas.
I am not an uncompassionate person....one strike...even two......but our system is recycling these crackheads after 50 fcking convictions right into gov;t funded housing in family neighbourhoods and expecting a positive outcome????
My fear is people are going to go vigilante if this social justice crap goes in for much longer.

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

- and this is just one visitor's experience that went to the effort of taking the time to write and post a letter. Think of all the others expressing their views the old fashioned way - telling two friends, and they tell two friends, and so on and so on...

Mayor Sugarplum and his band of cronies should be ashamed of themselves for the state Kelowna has become under their watch. Unfortunately for us all, unless some real big names step up in the next few weeks, we're going to have another three years of this downward spiral further into the cesspool we've become.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

are mayor is beyond a joke at this point, the fact that he is running again is just insane :200: :swear: the guy is a complete useless tool
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Its getting to the point where people born here, hate it here .
Strong and free
Faraday

Post by Faraday »

3 weeks and I'm outta here!!!!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”