Dispensaries fight back

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Dispensaries fight back

Post by WalterWhite »

weedlover wrote:Actually he is quite correct but since you likely don't have a law license I would not expect you to know this. It is not up to the city to determine the legality of a dispensary, that is for the police. Also don't forget they gave them a business license for over 3yrs

Just to clarify - the police do not decide the legality - that is up to the courts.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

weedlover wrote:Actually he is quite correct but since you likely don't have a law license I would not expect you to know this. It is not up to the city to determine the legality of a dispensary, that is for the police. Also don't forget they gave them a business license for over 3yrs

WalterWhite wrote:Just to clarify - the police do not decide the legality - that is up to the courts.

Actually it all starts with who's jurisdiction it is... Feds or the Province.
Laws are made & passed either in Ottawa or Victoria, (long story short) those laws goes to either Federal courts or Provincial courts (some I suspect go to both).
Currently pot is being made legalized Federally in Ottawa, distribution will be done at the Provincial level. Municipalities could be left out of the mix, just left holding the policing bill.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

WalterWhite wrote:Links are always handy...

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#234613

Link was in the first post.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

I'm pretty sure that the liquor store by Queensway causes more harm then any dispensary does.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

capleton wrote:I'm pretty sure that the liquor store by Queensway causes more harm then any dispensary does.

that's a fact............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”