Re: Car Rammed In Road Rage

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

People need to keep their #(*&*&^% hands to themselves, so it matters not what she did to tick off the uber-sensitive littledickman.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

The damage does not look consistent with "ramming"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

kgcayenne wrote:I think I'm getting my 'N' driver a dash cam for Christmas.

That would be a great idea, no matter what age or # of years driving experience they have.
Bring back the LIKE button.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

my5cents wrote:When I cross the floating bridge I go with the flow, even though that is virtually always well over the limit. What do you think would happen to someone travelling 60 kph in the left lane on the bridge ?

Questions:
- Should anyone do that ?
- The limit is 60 kph, why not ?

TreeGuy wrote:The keep right law doesn’t apply to the bridge because it has a posted 60 KPH speed limit. But common courtesy and for your own safety it is smart to keep to the right until you need to be in the left lane.

But this is here nor there in this story, we don’t know what she did to infuriate this driver. 8:30 at night the bridge isn’t usually that busy.

You are SO correct. It was a trick question damn you TreeGuy :D thought I might get you. 10/10

If the speed limit is 80 kph or more, you must move to the right on the approach of a vehicle.

I'm not recommending anyone travel in the left lane at 60 on the bridge, mind you.

Does it really matter what, if any, bone head move she made ? Avoiding a collision is the job and goal of a good driver.

Reprimanding, scolding etc is the job for the police.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

TreeGuy wrote:The keep right law doesn’t apply to the bridge because it has a posted 60 KPH speed limit. But common courtesy and for your own safety it is smart to keep to the right until you need to be in the left lane.

But this is here nor there in this story, we don’t know what she did to infuriate this driver. 8:30 at night the bridge isn’t usually that busy.

Agreed. There is NO reason for anyone to behave like that. It doesn't matter if that driver was even hit by the girl, he should have just reported the incident to the RCMP and ICBC with the licence plate number. HE should have not taken out vengeance by using his car as a weapon.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:There is segment of drivers who have a total lack of patients, impo they need to seek out help for their anger issues.

alanjh595 wrote:Especially when they follow, verbally, physically, and psychologically, assault another person with a deadly weapon (the car). This person needs to be found, arrested and imprisoned.
Impatience is a horn honking. Everything else are serious criminal violations.

I've said this many times on this forum: as :cuss: holes will be as :cuss: holes.
Since there is no real consequences to their actions, besides a light slap on the wrist if that.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

my5cents wrote:If the speed limit is 80 kph or more, you must move to the right on the approach of a vehicle.

Here's another trick question: If you are in the left lane buzzing along towards a lineup of slow/stopped traffic and someone comes flying up behind you, what? Are you supposed to nose your way in between the lineup of cars to your right so that mister pantiesinatwist can ride the bumper of the car ahead of you? This is the situation every day in the 80 Km/h area between Daimler and where the limit goes down to 60 Km/h. Every damn day. No, there's nobody leaving the left lane, no way, no how to let mister pantiesinatwist get ahead. So, what's the rule of the road here?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

kgcayenne wrote:Here's another trick question: If you are in the left lane buzzing along towards a lineup of slow/stopped traffic and someone comes flying up behind you, what? Are you supposed to nose your way in between the lineup of cars to your right so that mister pantiesinatwist can ride the bumper of the car ahead of you? This is the situation every day in the 80 Km/h area between Daimler and where the limit goes down to 60 Km/h. Every damn day. No, there's nobody leaving the left lane, no way, no how to let mister pantiesinatwist get ahead. So, what's the rule of the road here?

It appears you are saying that you are passing a line of cars in the right lane ("lineup of slow/stopped traffic"), you are exempt from pulling over under 151.1(3)(a) Overtaking and passing a third vehicle.

When drivers must not use leftmost lane
    151.1 (1) In this section, "leftmost lane", in relation to a laned roadway to which this section applies, means the lane that is furthest to the left of the marked lanes available for traffic proceeding in the same direction, other than
    (a) a bus lane,
    (b) a high occupancy vehicle lane, or
    (c) a designated use lane.

(2) This section applies to a laned roadway if
    (a) there are 2 or more marked lanes available for traffic proceeding in the same direction, other than a bus lane, a high occupancy vehicle lane or a designated use lane,
    (b) the speed limit is at least 80 km/h, and
    (c) the actual speed of traffic is at least 50 km/h.

(3) A driver of a vehicle in the leftmost lane must exit the lane on the approach of another vehicle in that lane, if it is safe to do so, except when
    (a) overtaking and passing a third vehicle,
    (b) allowing traffic to merge,
    (c) preparing for a left hand turn at an intersection or into an exit, a private road or a driveway, or
    (d) passing an official vehicle stopped on the side of or on the roadway.

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws ... ction151.1
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

kgcayenne wrote:Here's another trick question: If you are in the left lane buzzing along towards a lineup of slow/stopped traffic and someone comes flying up behind you, what? Are you supposed to nose your way in between the lineup of cars to your right so that mister pantiesinatwist can ride the bumper of the car ahead of you? This is the situation every day in the 80 Km/h area between Daimler and where the limit goes down to 60 Km/h. Every damn day. No, there's nobody leaving the left lane, no way, no how to let mister pantiesinatwist get ahead. So, what's the rule of the road here?

Let them go........it will only cost you 0.83 seconds off your travel time and may prevent you from being involved in an accident that could cost you many hours to deal with in the future. It's just not worth it.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

my5cents wrote:
You are SO correct. It was a trick question damn you TreeGuy :D thought I might get you. 10/10

If the speed limit is 80 kph or more, you must move to the right on the approach of a vehicle.

I'm not recommending anyone travel in the left lane at 60 on the bridge, mind you.

Does it really matter what, if any, bone head move she made ? Avoiding a collision is the job and goal of a good driver.

Reprimanding, scolding etc is the job for the police.

I do not think you are correct,
The exception to the rule is when its 50k and below not 60k and below.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/tran ... right-faqs

When the highway is congested (e.g. rush hour traffic), does a driver have to force his/her vehicle into the right lane?

No. When the speed of traffic is 50 km/h or slower, a driver may remain in the left hand lane. However, when traffic speed rises above 50 km/h, the driver should move into the right hand lane.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

When the speed of traffic is 50 km/h or slower on a highway with a posted speed limit of 80 km/h or greater, a driver may remain in the left hand lane. However, when traffic speed rises above 50 km/h, the driver should move into the right hand lane.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/tran ... keep-right
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

my5cents wrote:It appears you are saying that you are passing a line of cars in the right lane ("lineup of slow/stopped traffic"), you are exempt from pulling over under 151.1(3)(a) Overtaking and passing a third vehicle.

When drivers must not use leftmost lane
    151.1 (1) In this section, "leftmost lane", in relation to a laned roadway to which this section applies, means the lane that is furthest to the left of the marked lanes available for traffic proceeding in the same direction, other than
    (a) a bus lane,
    (b) a high occupancy vehicle lane, or
    (c) a designated use lane.

(2) This section applies to a laned roadway if
    (a) there are 2 or more marked lanes available for traffic proceeding in the same direction, other than a bus lane, a high occupancy vehicle lane or a designated use lane,
    (b) the speed limit is at least 80 km/h, and
    (c) the actual speed of traffic is at least 50 km/h.

(3) A driver of a vehicle in the leftmost lane must exit the lane on the approach of another vehicle in that lane, if it is safe to do so, except when
    (a) overtaking and passing a third vehicle,
    (b) allowing traffic to merge,
    (c) preparing for a left hand turn at an intersection or into an exit, a private road or a driveway, or
    (d) passing an official vehicle stopped on the side of or on the roadway.

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws ... ction151.1

Having laws MVA is one thing, problem being if RCMP (in this case) are not enforcing it. Really doesn't matter does it.
The problem on westside was damn poor planning by MOTI, impo ever traffic light from Bering to the bridge should have been underpasses.
Last edited by GordonH on Aug 24th, 2018, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If both lanes are bumper to bumper where would they like the cars to go?

As long as the traffic is not capable of consistently meeting or exceeding the 80kph then I will stay in whichever lane I choose. I might be having to make a turn somewhere ahead and wouldn't be able to get back into the lane I need to be in because the drivers are all jerks and refuse to let anyone merge!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

kgcayenne wrote:
my5cents wrote:If the speed limit is 80 kph or more, you must move to the right on the approach of a vehicle.

Here's another trick question: If you are in the left lane buzzing along towards a lineup of slow/stopped traffic and someone comes flying up behind you, what? Are you supposed to nose your way in between the lineup of cars to your right so that mister pantiesinatwist can ride the bumper of the car ahead of you? This is the situation every day in the 80 Km/h area between Daimler and where the limit goes down to 60 Km/h. Every damn day. No, there's nobody leaving the left lane, no way, no how to let mister pantiesinatwist get ahead. So, what's the rule of the road here?

Oh I got this one. You flip him or her the Bird in your rear window and if your driving a beater you hammer on the brakes and get rich from our poorly run ICBC.
Did I get it right. Did I :D
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Hassel99 wrote:I do not think you are correct,
The exception to the rule is when its 50k and below not 60k and below.

I used 60 kph as an example since that's the speed limit on the bridge. If the speed limit is less than 80 kph this section doesn't apply at all.

Geeze I even included a copy of the actual section of the MVA. Read it for yourself.

There are several exceptions to having to pull over...

If the speed limit is less than 80 kph
If the speed limit is 80 kph or more, BUT the flow is 50 kph of less
If you are overtaking slower traffic
If you are allowing traffic to merge
If you are preparing to turn left
If you've moved over for an official vehicle on the side of the roadway.

Return to “Central Okanagan”