Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby Scrobins94 » Jan 14th, 2019, 9:27 am

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-246663-1-.htm#246663 so this new builing heath stone is across the street from a liquor store :200: :cuss: and another block away from hearthstone how f :cuss: en stupid can the people in charge of they project get

inn from the cold declined to comment --ya think

It's supportive housing. Not an addictions recovery facility.
Scrobins94
Board Meister

Liked in: 408 posts

Postby one wheel » Jan 14th, 2019, 9:53 am

It's supportive housing alright - supporting all the problems these people have instead of being what it should be & that is to have them recover & become addiction free.

3 people like this post.
one wheel
Board Meister

Liked in: 433 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 14th, 2019, 10:10 am

one wheel wrote:It's supportive housing alright - supporting all the problems these people have instead of being what it should be & that is to have them recover & become addiction free.

god forbid.................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7490 posts

Postby soupy » Jan 14th, 2019, 10:16 am

alanjh595 wrote:I don't believe that it is the fault of the do-gooder organizations, it's about the policing of the clients.
It's more about the lack of control of the clientele.
The clients will do whatever they can get away with.

100% Alan this is it.

Such a shocker that IFTC director Jan will not comment. Yet when she wants something goes straight to the media with a sob story.

the truth likes this post.
soupy
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 751 posts

Postby KelownaCrackinCrew » Jan 14th, 2019, 10:25 am

The HAPPY HOSTEL is now closed, maybe the homeless could go back there.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Liked in: 241 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 14th, 2019, 10:36 am

soupy wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:I don't believe that it is the fault of the do-gooder organizations, it's about the policing of the clients.
It's more about the lack of control of the clientele.
The clients will do whatever they can get away with.

100% Alan this is it.

Such a shocker that IFTC director Jan will not comment. Yet when she wants something goes straight to the media with a sob story.

tells you everything about her,does it not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

soupy likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby WalterWhite » Jan 14th, 2019, 10:48 am

Just read a post on FB regarding someone's lost/stolen bike and another poster said, "check at IFTC - went by there yesterday and they had several bikes right outside the front doors they were taking apart - had angle grinders going and everything". Another photo showed the garbage bin at the same location with "we have your bikes" spray painted across the bottom. Real nice clientele, screening process and (lol) good neighbour policies.

6 people like this post.
WalterWhite

Liked in: 5533 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 14th, 2019, 10:50 am

WalterWhite wrote:Just read a post on FB regarding someone's lost/stolen bike and another poster said, "check at IFTC - went by there yesterday and they had several bikes right outside the front doors they were taking apart - had angle grinders going and everything". Another photo showed the garbage bin at the same location with "we have your bikes" spray painted across the bottom. Real nice clientele, screening process and (lol) good neighbour policies.

inn from the cold--good neighbour policies :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

john howard and inn from the cold wrote the book on the how to be a bad neighbour policy

2 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby Scrobins94 » Jan 14th, 2019, 12:01 pm

WalterWhite wrote:Just read a post on FB regarding someone's lost/stolen bike and another poster said, "check at IFTC - went by there yesterday and they had several bikes right outside the front doors they were taking apart - had angle grinders going and everything". Another photo showed the garbage bin at the same location with "we have your bikes" spray painted across the bottom. Real nice clientele, screening process and (lol) good neighbour policies.

Link to said post?
Scrobins94
Board Meister

Liked in: 408 posts

Postby WalterWhite » Jan 14th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Scrobins94 wrote:

Link to said post?

Yea, because I have nothing better to do than make up silly tales like that for my amusement. smh
It's a friend's personal FB post so no, I won't be posting a link, however here's their quote:

January 11 at 12:32 PM
I think the people running the "Inn from the cold" should be charged with a crime for aiding and abetting the bike thieves that work out of there. Stopped last night to look for my bike and there was about 6 scumbags stripping bikes right at their door !! They had a torch and grinders. Called the cops, they called back saying there's nothing they can do. What is wrong with the world ??? Very unhappy camper !!

...and the dumpster pic:

49472141_10156328864873640_6310464511639814144_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

soupy likes this post.
WalterWhite

Liked in: 5533 posts

Postby pieinthei » Jan 14th, 2019, 12:33 pm

And that's the thanks taxpayers get for supporting their sorry a :cuss: es..
pieinthei
Board Meister

Liked in: 710 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 14th, 2019, 1:37 pm

pieinthei wrote:And that's the thanks taxpayers get for supporting their sorry a :cuss: es..

yup.... :swear: but you should still feel sorry for them,,,-not---
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby pieinthei » Jan 14th, 2019, 2:19 pm

Druggie: "i want drugs"
city: "lets give them drugs"
Druggie: " i want a place to stay, and a neighborhood to criminalize and terrorize"
city: "hey, lets house these invalids in an area of town where they can make a killing"
Druggie: "i wanna keep doing drugs forever, but i'll sue if i get bad drugs"
city: "lets give them safe drugs"
druggie: 'i need multiple agencies looking after me, and cleaning up after me cuz i'm a pig."
city: "input JHS"
pieinthei
Board Meister

Liked in: 710 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 14th, 2019, 2:23 pm

pieinthei wrote:Druggie: "i want drugs"
city: "lets give them drugs"
Druggie: " i want a place to stay, and a neighborhood to criminalize and terrorize"
city: "hey, lets house these invalids in an area of town where they can make a killing"
Druggie: "i wanna keep doing drugs forever, but i'll sue if i get bad drugs"
city: "lets give them safe drugs"
druggie: 'i need multiple agencies looking after me, and cleaning up after me cuz i'm a pig."
city: "input JHS"

10/10 :up:
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby wanderer » Jan 14th, 2019, 2:26 pm

The renters one pay cheque off of the street, who lived beside me a couple of years ago went out at dusk, back at dawn with their bikes towing little trailers. They would do exactly that. Bring back bikes dismantle them or clean up rust and repaint all of part of the bike before their goods were picked up and taken off somewhere. This is exactly what happens not just to bikes but other things that they can alter the look of. Morning after morning I watched this, a couple of times I was able to sneak out and get plate numbers of the pickup trucks. Cops said they couldn't do anything unless they were caught red handed !!

So frustrating and did nothing to give me any feeling of safety or that police or city leaders cared.

WalterWhite likes this post.
wanderer
Board Meister

Liked in: 601 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan