Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Lore
Übergod

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Post by Lore »

soupy wrote:Maybe IFTC can move to the soon to be old Costco location!
Plenty of space!!! LOL

There are not that many of them.
Are you anticipating more "clients" for Inn from the cold?
Of course that's always a possibility given how much the city
is kissing their *bleep*.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Lore wrote:
Plenty of space!!! LOL

There are not that many of them.
Are you anticipating more "clients" for Inn from the cold?
Of course that's always a possibility given how much the city
is kissing their *bleep*.

Was being sarcastic.
But yes. Maybe IFTC and Heartstone etc. all need to be under one giant facilty.
(With amble security required for clients to enter/exit)
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

Plenty of space!!! LOL

:up:
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

soupy wrote:
Was being sarcastic.
But yes. Maybe IFTC and Heartstone etc. all need to be under one giant facilty.
(With amble security required for clients to enter/exit)

Only if we can lock them in.
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

And hope the percentage numbers level out sometime. Social ills in our faces as time goes by which get ignored, come knocking again with vengeance.
One can always reason with reason.
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

Perhaps this is a case where choices need to be laid out before those affected.
Homeless and unable to provide for yourself?
Choose one:

1.) Attend federally funded, standardized workshops to teach basic skills that can be transferred to job actions as well as self sustenance. These workshops provide a service to the greater good, aimed toward the betterment of our society. Everything from roadside cleanup, to infrastructure maintenance (shoveling walks, sweeping curb-sides, painting picnic tables, park benches, etc.. Upon graduation from your workshop(s), and after completion of whatever mental health work is required to instill a value system conducive to contributing rather than abusing this social system, the subject can then be provided with employment in any of the many positions available in our progressive society.

2.) Live a life of self sustenance beyond the social structures and infrastructures provided by a culture and greater community that you clearly choose to live outside of. Learn to provide for yourself and live a life of separation, solitude and celebrate your individuality around the fire you've made to cook your food and heat your hut.

I've often if not always said that I have no issues with people choosing to be homeless.
I've got no issues with people that choose to turn their back on this toxic society.
I have many issues with those who make such choices, then expect the very society they choose to abandon to support them with housing, clothing, food, and running water.
Birds kick their offspring out of the nest.
They fly on their own or they don't fly at all.
Wolves will attack their offspring and create a threat to encourage them to leave. They either fend for themselves, or they don't survive.
Parents of offspring with little to no ambition often face having to force them to leave the home in order to find their way into providing for themselves in this society.
Perhaps it's time for that very society to kick the entitled out, so they can either learn to fend for themselves, or accept that a level of conformity is a better way to exist than eating bark and bugs.

Inn From the Cold serves only to entitle the entitled.
It is an organization that is based on enabling those who choose a negative lifestyle to foster and fester within our communities.
Inn From the Cold and other so called non-profit organizations do in fact make a profit. The difference is that their funding gets doled out to the employee's wages rather than reinvested into the company. So long as the company shows no profit, those that work the system can continue to collect "healthy" paycheques as they bolster their supposed intentions under the guise of helping the less fortunate. I call BS.

I'd side with shutting down these entities of entitled enablers in trade for a two choice system.
1.) Get a life.
or
2.) Get out.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

excellent post............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Aaaaaannnnd no one’s surprised....

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... points-biz

but they can take some solace in the guarantee from BC Housing that the scope of operations will be reduced and eventually the temporary shelter will be closed by summer

...guarantee from BC Housing - that’s a good one.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Just move them close to City Hall.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

WalterWhite wrote:Aaaaaannnnd no one’s surprised....

but they can take some solace in the guarantee from BC Housing that the scope of operations will be reduced and eventually the temporary shelter will be closed by summer

...guarantee from BC Housing - that’s a good one.

just more lies from bc housing and jhs that's all these people do pure scum they are,,self serving :cuss: holes
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

I don't doubt this disappoints the businesses! I am sick and tired of having to dodge to get into these businesses. How much are they expected to take? In this case it's stupid because I'm willing to bet some of these people they are catering to leaving Cornerstone open have other choices to go at night to keep warm. There ARE warm spots open. I'm going to say these ones like their "neighbourhood" at Cornerstone and don't want to be displaced so they just refuse to be moved to an alternate warm shelter spot. Cornerstone is an absolute disgusting drug den that spills all over downtown and those businesses have every right to be plenty peeved.

Mayor and council have had their place of business secured against having to deal with any druggies that might choose to wander into THEIR business - and boy that happened in a nano-second after someone they didn't like "attended" a council meeting. They didn't like being scared or having their business disrupted. How the hell do they think the businesses downtown feel that have to put up with it daily, PLUS losing customers and livelihood????

C'mon City Council....get real here. We want our downtown back and stop forcing us through our tax money to cater to every drug addict than wanders into town because they've heard its a great place to live on someone else's dime while spending theirs on drugs.

Consensus is becoming that drug addicts from other cities are relocating here because we are becoming known as a drug haven and that we happily provide everything to foster that lifestyle and do ZERO to DISCOURAGE it - which is ABSOLUTELY true. This is becoming ridiculous. I hope all the downtown businesses who have to put up with this *bleep* constantly raise a real uproar about it - I for one won't be looking at any that do as being "heartless"!

Most of our "homeless" are drug addicts. Word spreads. The words we need to be spreading are "we don't put our drug addicts ahead of our businesses and residents".
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

basran, and his clowns bc housing and jhs have killed kelowna, :swear: :cuss:
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

this is definitely not the end of it.. just wait till summer comes, and downtown swells with more of them.. then in the fall, another extension because its "getting cold, and they have nowhere to go"..
:cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear:
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

dle wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... points-biz

I don't doubt this disappoints the businesses! I am sick and tired of having to dodge to get into these businesses. How much are they expected to take? In this case it's stupid because I'm willing to bet some of these people they are catering to leaving Cornerstone open have other choices to go at night to keep warm. There ARE warm spots open. I'm going to say these ones like their "neighbourhood" at Cornerstone and don't want to be displaced so they just refuse to be moved to an alternate warm shelter spot. Cornerstone is an absolute disgusting drug den that spills all over downtown and those businesses have every right to be plenty peeved.

Mayor and council have had their place of business secured against having to deal with any druggies that might choose to wander into THEIR business - and boy that happened in a nano-second after someone they didn't like "attended" a council meeting. They didn't like being scared or having their business disrupted. How the hell do they think the businesses downtown feel that have to put up with it daily, PLUS losing customers and livelihood????

C'mon City Council....get real here. We want our downtown back and stop forcing us through our tax money to cater to every drug addict than wanders into town because they've heard its a great place to live on someone else's dime while spending theirs on drugs.

Consensus is becoming that drug addicts from other cities are relocating here because we are becoming known as a drug haven and that we happily provide everything to foster that lifestyle and do ZERO to DISCOURAGE it - which is ABSOLUTELY true. This is becoming ridiculous. I hope all the downtown businesses who have to put up with this *bleep* constantly raise a real uproar about it - I for one won't be looking at any that do as being "heartless"!

Most of our "homeless" are drug addicts. Word spreads. The words we need to be spreading are "we don't put our drug addicts ahead of our businesses and residents".

Can you please run for mayor.
I'm serious.
Way more intelligence and common sense than Basaran and council combined.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

pieinthei wrote:this is definitely not the end of it.. just wait till summer comes, and downtown swells with more of them.. then in the fall, another extension because its "getting cold, and they have nowhere to go"..
:cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear:

Unfortunately I think your right.
How can we stop this cycle?

Return to “Central Okanagan”