Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby Lore » Jan 16th, 2019, 4:02 pm

soupy wrote:Maybe IFTC can move to the soon to be old Costco location!
Plenty of space!!! LOL

There are not that many of them.
Are you anticipating more "clients" for Inn from the cold?
Of course that's always a possibility given how much the city
is kissing their arse.
Lore
Übergod
 
Posts: 1301
Likes: 1330 posts
Liked in: 342 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby soupy » Jan 16th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Lore wrote:
soupy wrote:Maybe IFTC can move to the soon to be old Costco location!
Plenty of space!!! LOL

There are not that many of them.
Are you anticipating more "clients" for Inn from the cold?
Of course that's always a possibility given how much the city
is kissing their arse.


Was being sarcastic.
But yes. Maybe IFTC and Heartstone etc. all need to be under one giant facilty.
(With amble security required for clients to enter/exit)

westbankkid likes this post.
soupy
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 785
Likes: 1519 posts
Liked in: 751 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby pieinthei » Jan 16th, 2019, 4:10 pm

soupy wrote:Maybe IFTC can move to the soon to be old Costco location!
Plenty of space!!! LOL



:up:

soupy likes this post.
pieinthei
Board Meister
 
Posts: 600
Likes: 750 posts
Liked in: 710 posts
Joined: Sep 11th, 2012, 10:53 am

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby Lore » Jan 16th, 2019, 4:40 pm

soupy wrote:
Was being sarcastic.
But yes. Maybe IFTC and Heartstone etc. all need to be under one giant facilty.
(With amble security required for clients to enter/exit)

Only if we can lock them in.

5 people like this post.
Lore
Übergod
 
Posts: 1301
Likes: 1330 posts
Liked in: 342 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby Andy S » Jan 16th, 2019, 9:15 pm

And hope the percentage numbers level out sometime. Social ills in our faces as time goes by which get ignored, come knocking again with vengeance.
One can always reason with reason.
User avatar
Andy S
Board Meister
 
Posts: 373
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 53 posts
Joined: Sep 19th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby Green-light » Jan 19th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Perhaps this is a case where choices need to be laid out before those affected.
Homeless and unable to provide for yourself?
Choose one:

1.) Attend federally funded, standardized workshops to teach basic skills that can be transferred to job actions as well as self sustenance. These workshops provide a service to the greater good, aimed toward the betterment of our society. Everything from roadside cleanup, to infrastructure maintenance (shoveling walks, sweeping curb-sides, painting picnic tables, park benches, etc.. Upon graduation from your workshop(s), and after completion of whatever mental health work is required to instill a value system conducive to contributing rather than abusing this social system, the subject can then be provided with employment in any of the many positions available in our progressive society.

2.) Live a life of self sustenance beyond the social structures and infrastructures provided by a culture and greater community that you clearly choose to live outside of. Learn to provide for yourself and live a life of separation, solitude and celebrate your individuality around the fire you've made to cook your food and heat your hut.

I've often if not always said that I have no issues with people choosing to be homeless.
I've got no issues with people that choose to turn their back on this toxic society.
I have many issues with those who make such choices, then expect the very society they choose to abandon to support them with housing, clothing, food, and running water.
Birds kick their offspring out of the nest.
They fly on their own or they don't fly at all.
Wolves will attack their offspring and create a threat to encourage them to leave. They either fend for themselves, or they don't survive.
Parents of offspring with little to no ambition often face having to force them to leave the home in order to find their way into providing for themselves in this society.
Perhaps it's time for that very society to kick the entitled out, so they can either learn to fend for themselves, or accept that a level of conformity is a better way to exist than eating bark and bugs.

Inn From the Cold serves only to entitle the entitled.
It is an organization that is based on enabling those who choose a negative lifestyle to foster and fester within our communities.
Inn From the Cold and other so called non-profit organizations do in fact make a profit. The difference is that their funding gets doled out to the employee's wages rather than reinvested into the company. So long as the company shows no profit, those that work the system can continue to collect "healthy" paycheques as they bolster their supposed intentions under the guise of helping the less fortunate. I call BS.

I'd side with shutting down these entities of entitled enablers in trade for a two choice system.
1.) Get a life.
or
2.) Get out.

14 people like this post.
Green-light
Fledgling
 
Posts: 183
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 119 posts
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2009, 5:11 pm

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby the truth » Jan 20th, 2019, 9:26 am

excellent post............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17904
Likes: 13085 posts
Liked in: 7490 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby WalterWhite » Mar 5th, 2019, 7:28 pm

Aaaaaannnnd no one’s surprised....

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... points-biz

but they can take some solace in the guarantee from BC Housing that the scope of operations will be reduced and eventually the temporary shelter will be closed by summer


...guarantee from BC Housing - that’s a good one.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
WalterWhite
Moderator
 
Posts: 3808
Likes: 3002 posts
Liked in: 5533 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 4:56 pm

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby two_shoes1mit » Mar 5th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Just move them close to City Hall.
two_shoes1mit
Fledgling
 
Posts: 195
Likes: 1383 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby the truth » Mar 5th, 2019, 11:56 pm

WalterWhite wrote:Aaaaaannnnd no one’s surprised....

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... points-biz

but they can take some solace in the guarantee from BC Housing that the scope of operations will be reduced and eventually the temporary shelter will be closed by summer


...guarantee from BC Housing - that’s a good one.


just more lies from bc housing and jhs that's all these people do pure scum they are,,self serving :cuss: holes
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17904
Likes: 13085 posts
Liked in: 7490 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby dle » Mar 6th, 2019, 7:36 am

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... points-biz

I don't doubt this disappoints the businesses! I am sick and tired of having to dodge to get into these businesses. How much are they expected to take? In this case it's stupid because I'm willing to bet some of these people they are catering to leaving Cornerstone open have other choices to go at night to keep warm. There ARE warm spots open. I'm going to say these ones like their "neighbourhood" at Cornerstone and don't want to be displaced so they just refuse to be moved to an alternate warm shelter spot. Cornerstone is an absolute disgusting drug den that spills all over downtown and those businesses have every right to be plenty peeved.

Mayor and council have had their place of business secured against having to deal with any druggies that might choose to wander into THEIR business - and boy that happened in a nano-second after someone they didn't like "attended" a council meeting. They didn't like being scared or having their business disrupted. How the hell do they think the businesses downtown feel that have to put up with it daily, PLUS losing customers and livelihood????

C'mon City Council....get real here. We want our downtown back and stop forcing us through our tax money to cater to every drug addict than wanders into town because they've heard its a great place to live on someone else's dime while spending theirs on drugs.

Consensus is becoming that drug addicts from other cities are relocating here because we are becoming known as a drug haven and that we happily provide everything to foster that lifestyle and do ZERO to DISCOURAGE it - which is ABSOLUTELY true. This is becoming ridiculous. I hope all the downtown businesses who have to put up with this *bleep* constantly raise a real uproar about it - I for one won't be looking at any that do as being "heartless"!

Most of our "homeless" are drug addicts. Word spreads. The words we need to be spreading are "we don't put our drug addicts ahead of our businesses and residents".

2 people like this post.
dle
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2022
Likes: 1196 posts
Liked in: 2388 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2005, 1:29 pm

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby the truth » Mar 6th, 2019, 9:37 am

basran, and his clowns bc housing and jhs have killed kelowna, :swear: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17904
Likes: 13085 posts
Liked in: 7490 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby pieinthei » Mar 6th, 2019, 9:43 am

this is definitely not the end of it.. just wait till summer comes, and downtown swells with more of them.. then in the fall, another extension because its "getting cold, and they have nowhere to go"..
:cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear:

3 people like this post.
pieinthei
Board Meister
 
Posts: 600
Likes: 750 posts
Liked in: 710 posts
Joined: Sep 11th, 2012, 10:53 am

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby Lore » Mar 6th, 2019, 9:54 am

dle wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... points-biz

I don't doubt this disappoints the businesses! I am sick and tired of having to dodge to get into these businesses. How much are they expected to take? In this case it's stupid because I'm willing to bet some of these people they are catering to leaving Cornerstone open have other choices to go at night to keep warm. There ARE warm spots open. I'm going to say these ones like their "neighbourhood" at Cornerstone and don't want to be displaced so they just refuse to be moved to an alternate warm shelter spot. Cornerstone is an absolute disgusting drug den that spills all over downtown and those businesses have every right to be plenty peeved.

Mayor and council have had their place of business secured against having to deal with any druggies that might choose to wander into THEIR business - and boy that happened in a nano-second after someone they didn't like "attended" a council meeting. They didn't like being scared or having their business disrupted. How the hell do they think the businesses downtown feel that have to put up with it daily, PLUS losing customers and livelihood????

C'mon City Council....get real here. We want our downtown back and stop forcing us through our tax money to cater to every drug addict than wanders into town because they've heard its a great place to live on someone else's dime while spending theirs on drugs.

Consensus is becoming that drug addicts from other cities are relocating here because we are becoming known as a drug haven and that we happily provide everything to foster that lifestyle and do ZERO to DISCOURAGE it - which is ABSOLUTELY true. This is becoming ridiculous. I hope all the downtown businesses who have to put up with this *bleep* constantly raise a real uproar about it - I for one won't be looking at any that do as being "heartless"!

Most of our "homeless" are drug addicts. Word spreads. The words we need to be spreading are "we don't put our drug addicts ahead of our businesses and residents".

Can you please run for mayor.
I'm serious.
Way more intelligence and common sense than Basaran and council combined.
Lore
Übergod
 
Posts: 1301
Likes: 1330 posts
Liked in: 342 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

Re: Is this the end of Inn from the Cold?

Postby Lore » Mar 6th, 2019, 9:56 am

pieinthei wrote:this is definitely not the end of it.. just wait till summer comes, and downtown swells with more of them.. then in the fall, another extension because its "getting cold, and they have nowhere to go"..
:cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear:

Unfortunately I think your right.
How can we stop this cycle?

the truth likes this post.
Lore
Übergod
 
Posts: 1301
Likes: 1330 posts
Liked in: 342 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], JayByrd, my5cents and 13 guests