Keep Your Hands Off My Food

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Keep Your Hands Off My Food

Post by WalterWhite »

https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... your-plate

You're free to eat what you want - but don't try and tell me what I should or shouldn't eat based on your own so-called personal morality code. Fed(pun intended) up with these know-it-all-do-gooders trying to enforce their own personal agendas on society.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Keep Your Hands Off My Food

Post by OKkayak »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Sep 20th, 2018, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

WalterWhite wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/237047/What-s-on-your-plate

You're free to eat what you want - but don't try and tell me what I should or shouldn't eat based on your own so-called personal morality code. Fed(pun intended) up with these know-it-all-do-gooders trying to enforce their own personal agendas on society.

Isn't every advertisement out there telling you what to do? How is this different?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

WalterWhite wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/237047/What-s-on-your-plate

A little harsh there Wally. First off, these know-it-all-do-gooders, are actually highly educated scientist and nutritionist that I will bet your mortgage know a lot more about the subject than yourself. Not saying I agree with the billboard. Just that the proof is in the pudding (pun intended) that the way we grow and harvest our animal food stuffs in the industrial setting is leading to much higher rates of illness across the population. Honestly man, if you actually knew what you were eating, I doubt you would.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Can you explain how this would be different from a advertisement trying to get your to eat or buy more bacon and eggs?

Do not both try and tell you want to do?

Why are you so offended at one but not the other?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Mtn Biker wrote:

A little harsh there Wally. First off, these know-it-all-do-gooders, are actually highly educated scientist and nutritionist that I will bet your mortgage know a lot more about the subject than yourself. Not saying I agree with the billboard. Just that the proof is in the pudding (pun intended) that the way we grow and harvest our animal food stuffs in the industrial setting is leading to much higher rates of illness across the population. Honestly man, if you actually knew what you were eating, I doubt you would.

This campaign has absolutely nothing to do with nutritional value and everything to do with what a group feels is or is not the ethical treatment of animals and has chosen to get their point across through shock value advertisements, much the same as the other shock value morality gate-keepers, the pro-lifers do outside KGH every week.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Hassel99 wrote:

Can you explain how this would be different from a advertisement trying to get your to eat or buy more bacon and eggs?

Do not both try and tell you want to do?

Why are you so offended at one but not the other?

- because any advertising to get me to buy more bacon and eggs isn't doing it from an "anti-vegan" approach attempting moral guilt and shock-value imagery.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Sep 20th, 2018, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back the LIKE button.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Sep 20th, 2018, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

the OP started a discussion. It's pretty straight forward. Off topic comments that some feel are "funny" and do nothing but derail the thread will be deleted w/o notice.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

OMG, someone made a bill board with the intention of making you think. Oh the horror.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

I am not vegan by any means but if you don't like it just keep driving? Shock value or not, it's not like they're using digitally created media. So some truth in what they're showing.

Also, reducing meat consumption can be good for your health too.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Scrobins94 wrote:I am not vegan by any means but if you don't like it just keep driving? Shock value or not, it's not like they're using digitally created media. So some truth in what they're showing.

Also, reducing meat consumption can be good for your health too.

very well said. and we do eat way more meat then we need

but i will say the media picks up on sensationalist billboards like that without reporting the other side of the story.

I would suggest not all animals for consumption are raised as depicted in the billboard and many do have a good life. I purchase my chicken locally primarily and those chickens have a great life.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It's only shocking the first time, if you like it, you will try it again to confirm your 1st impression. I wonder what other things in your life you have tried more than once ?

Once someone sees that poster, how many will take a second look or even care anymore ?

Having this public discussion is just what they want to happen, to get people talking and raising awareness to their cause.
Bring back the LIKE button.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

Maybe I will pay for a competing billboard right after this one that depicts family farmed, ethically raised animals with a tag line that reads "Buy local. Know your farmer."
On second thought, I have premium quality animal feed to buy with the money I was going to put toward the billboard. I'm just going to have to count on all of you to do the right thing. Ethical meat is out there, but it ain't at the grocery store. :up:

Return to “Central Okanagan”